Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Fun fact, not every culture sits upright while taking a shit.

Funner fact, humans don't naturally sit upright while taking a shit, period.
    Fun fact, if you move to a country, you should integrate and assimilate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    You are right. Those toilets are the NORM everyone in Germany by now. In fact some Muslims broke into my home when everyone was away and installed one of those in my bathroom and left me the bill. God damn immigrants forcing me to adapt and destroying the good German shitting culture.
    They terrorized my fridge and I couldn't find any pork in it afterwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fun fact, not every culture sits upright while taking a shit.

Funner fact, humans don't naturally sit upright while taking a shit, period.
    But you still know where the shit goes don't you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Fun fact, if you move to a country, you should integrate and assimilate.
    Successful integration involves meeting halfway, point in fact. There's no incentive for people to assimilate if it's zero sum.

And there's the simple fact that, again, how people choose to take a shit isn't a 'life or death' matter concerning culture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Successful integration involves meeting halfway, point in fact.
    So stone the gay a little?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    But you still know where the shit goes don't you?
    In countries where public sanitation is not particularly widespread outside or even within urban areas?

You grew up with the benefit of being raised with western style toilet training. Check your privilege.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Are they trying to say that ME immigrants shit in a hole in the ground?

Because that's pretty funny if they are.
    Well, technically, everyone shits into a hole on the ground. The disturbing image posted by Hubcap is one type of toilet used in ME, together with Western ones. Every doctor I know say these kind of toilets are more healthier.

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Female circumcision, just halfway.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Are you seriously comparing the difference between squatting and sitting to violence against a minority?

If the 'Muslim invasion' were actually a thing, maybe it's good because at the very least it might cut down the amount of whining about such utterly trivial bullshit.

We get it, you don't like Muslims.

7+ Year Old Account
    In countries where public sanitation is not particularly widespread outside or even within urban areas?

You grew up with the benefit of being raised with western style toilet training. Check your privilege.
    Toilet Guilt, Isle 5.

I can't tell if you're being genuine or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Female circumcision, just halfway.
    Burn apostates a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Well I mean western toilets really aren't the best designed, squatting is much more efficient and overall better for your body. Our bodies were not designed to shit in a sitting position
    Squatting is bad for your knees. Good way to blow them out

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I imagine it's especially problematic for older people given that putting extra pressure on one's joints at that age isn't ideal?

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Here comes doctor Orlong to save the day. Amongst a doctorate in medicine, he also has a degree Witchcraft and Wizardry and a PhD in BSing.

Thank you for correcting all the doctors world wide!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Here comes doctor Orlong to save the day. Amongst a doctorate in medicine, he also has a degree Witchcraft and Wizardry and a PhD in BSing.

Thank you for correcting all the doctors world wide!
    To be fair, first time I heard of "squatting is better"....but then again I don't go out of my way to look up the best way to shit since what modern and western society has seems to work pretty well.

Traditional squatting plates (as those seen in Turkey and some old south-European establishments) tend to produce undesirable odors, and are harder to maintain in order. They also require extra room below the floor (compared to sitting toilets).
    It wasn't rare to find them when I was growing up. They eventually got replaced because, while there are physiological reasons in favor of squatting (as pointed out) they are unpractical in maintenance, sanitation, etc.

The product in the OP is similar to the many squatting adapters we've developed for decades. I doubt it'll catch on. It's one of those products that only appeals to the "all-natural" folk (organic foods, natural childbirth... those kind of hipsters).
    Our cultures had them; we rejected them; no reason at all to bring them back. As for immigrants from cultures that haven't rejected it yet, I guess some adaptations will need to be made while they transition and integrate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh........well that changes things.

Check your privilege.
    In this situation I guess I will for the people who don't know how to use a toilet to begin with.

But in the case of people who do know where to take a dump I'm still going to ask "is it really so hard to sit on a toilet?" The turd will still come out of your ass if you sit down, I promise you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    By throwing confetti at them instead of stones!
    Confetti is haram we have to meet in the middle.

I have similar setup at home, it's actually much easier to poop this way.