Poll: Could the U.S. successfully conquer Canada

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Apart from all the other reasons it would be a horrible idea, it would be the start of the US' decline.
    Not to mention it could start a chain of imperialism and colonialism. Next thing you know countries will be conquering each other and it'll be like the old chaotic days.

You guys are pussies. I think it's a great idea. I just want to watch the world burn.

10+ Year Old Account
    The more land you conquer the harder it becomes to sustain and control it and the easier it is for the conquered to recover...

Canada has Allies too and the repercussions of the USA annexing an ally would be very negative in general. You played Fallout recently, didn't you?

10+ Year Old Account
    We may have an army but they got moose.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Maybe, but boycotting the U.S. would also cripple the boycotters
    I think the rest of the world would recover faster than the USA on its own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why the hell would we want Canadia?

7+ Year Old Account
    The U.S. already has. Canadians are indistinguishable from Americans aside from being more polite.
    "There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through out political and culture life, nutured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" —Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by EventHorizon View Post
    The more land you conquer the harder it becomes to sustain and control it and the easier it is for the conquered to recover...

Canada has Allies too and the repercussions of the USA annexing an ally would be very negative in general. You played Fallout recently, didn't you?
    That is why we should only look at impoverished Eastern European, Southeast Asian and Central African countries to conquer .

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    i really dou't the us could take over Canada. if the government was just like HEY SCREW YOU GUYS and attacked Canada no one would be on board with it the war in the middle east had backing from the average person because of 911 so unless Canada makes it's own 911 i don't see this ever happening

Quote Originally Posted by Ol Scratch View Post
    The U.S. already has. Canadians are indistinguishable from Americans aside from being more polite.
    Well, people in North Dakota, Montana, Vermont, Maine are pretty polite too, though maybe that's the Canadian influence. Or maybe the cold kills all the jerks.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You think Canada is just the land you see? Wait until we reveal our cave-dwelling mutants who live under the Canadian Shield.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Sure, because why not.

Canada has already invaded the US with the powerful force known as Tim Hortons.

Just got half a dozen donuts a moment ago, RIP.

I don't understand why US, Canada and Mexico just don't become a supernation? We could adapt Canada's social policies, mexicos uhhh infrastructure? And the US economy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glarolas View Post
    Whelp we crushed you guys once and we would fail miserably trying again. I would never fight or pick up a gun UNLESS we were invaded. Bring it on boys lol.
    America, are you just going to bend over and take this insult? Man up!

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Theres no point. Its cold up there. We are fine letting them pretend to be relevant and as long as they aren't hurting anyone, we should probably just let them be.
    Canada, are you just going to bend over and take this insult? Man up!

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    You think Canada is just the land you see? Wait until we reveal our cave-dwelling mutants who live under the Canadian Shield.
    But we have Floridians...

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Florida Man is a very powerful force, I will give you that.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Once we need to secure Anchorage Alaska against the red Chinese invaders we will. They won't get their hands on the last oil supply! Ready Liberty Prime!
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Didn't they try this once before and get their asses kicked?

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    we have Crab people!
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol