Deleted

Shadow priest pvp stats prio

Hello guys,

I have seen and read alot of pvp guides for the shadow priest, but the stat prio differences.

Can you guys tell me what the best stat prio is for a shadow priest in pvp?

thank you all.

It depends on what you are doing.

2's,3's, rated bgs? They all have different stat priorities. Be a bit more specific as to what kind of pvp you want to focus on.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have the same question. For me, I'm just doing random battlegrounds and ashran. No Arena or rated bg's.

Thanks!
    Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.

Deleted
    Intellect>Mastery>Versatility>Haste for any sort of PVP scenario.

For BGs and Ashrans, mastery > all. Vers IMO more for arena. I'd stick with haste as your #2 but push mastery as much as possible. With the AA, its very easy to obliterate targets with a super-fast sequence of MS>MB>SW before they even know what hit them. I frequently use a PvE trinket in Ashran (RoW against premades, UGoS against pugs) and forego the 15% dmg reduction bonus of using 2 PVP trinkets. Risky, yes, but I run a lot of premade vs premade and we have excellent healers. My job is to kill healers who are receiving heals. I don't care about my own mitigation; positioning, pain suppression, tubers and awesome healers take care of that. As a high mastery SP, with my 795 ring and about 110-115% mastery, things die REALLY fast when I focus them, so I put all of my stats into making me better at my job.

Quote Originally Posted by Anboniwow View Post
    Intellect>Mastery>Versatility>Haste for any sort of PVP scenario.
    This. Mastery is everything. The only bracket I have seen any different is high rates 2s spriests now seem to enchant versatility..... I'm not sure a 20%-30% damage loss is worth the 3% damage reaction though.

I would say to the question asked *specifically* about BGs and Ashrans, personally I would stack haste as my #2 instead of vers. Arenas is a totally different ballgame

Quote Originally Posted by Blacklab View Post
    I would say to the question asked *specifically* about BGs and Ashrans, personally I would stack haste as my #2 instead of vers. Arenas is a totally different ballgame
    Still not better than mastery. Haste is better for multidot, but shadow multidot is the weakest portion of your dps. It is ok for useless meter padding while mastery is much more effective in burst.
    Last edited by Kretan; 2016-03-10 at 09:50 PM.

I guess we are talking apples and oranges. When I say, #2 I'm talking about behind mastery as your #2 "secondary" stat. I'd recommend CoP with Mastery>Haste>all others for BG/Ashrans (and definitely not for arenas). Anything outside of your MB, MS, DP and Insanity is a big DPS loss. What are these DoTs you speak of? =P

A friend of mine has been pulling absolutely ridiculous damage in RBGs with auspicious stacking crit. Not sure what his rating is at but he finds healers dont waste dispels on a single SWP, and he can just devouring plague spam into the kill targets.

But yes, in general mastery/verse/haste is what you want to gear for.

Quote Originally Posted by masterprtzl View Post
    A friend of mine has been pulling absolutely ridiculous damage in RBGs with auspicious stacking crit. Not sure what his rating is at but he finds healers dont waste dispels on a single SWP, and he can just devouring plague spam into the kill targets.

But yes, in general mastery/verse/haste is what you want to gear for.
    This is a meter padding spec that is not very effective in damage. While fun, it really isn't even in the same stratosphere as cop mastery spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Kretan View Post
    This is a meter padding spec that is not very effective in damage. While fun, it really isn't even in the same stratosphere as cop mastery spec.
    Different role. AS will be more pressure while CoP can be seen as a surgents knife trying to reduce a single target to dust. AS with roughly 50% crit and a couple targets to dot up will be getting a ton of orbs back though, which means ALOT of spike damage ontop of the spread pressure. This might not be important for rbg as much, but the high crit chance means you will also have alot more selfheal from plague, in addition to crititcal flashheals when in need, or a teammate needing to be saved on healer downtime.

AS is just the more versatile spec, while CoP excells in helping to get a specific target down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by heinz0r View Post
    Different role. AS will be more pressure while CoP can be seen as a surgents knife trying to reduce a single target to dust. AS with roughly 50% crit and a couple targets to dot up will be getting a ton of orbs back though, which means ALOT of spike damage ontop of the spread pressure. This might not be important for rbg as much, but the high crit chance means you will also have alot more selfheal from plague, in addition to crititcal flashheals when in need, or a teammate needing to be saved on healer downtime.

AS is just the more versatile spec, while CoP excells in helping to get a specific target down.
    Dont forget glyphed blast

I purely see my job in PVP as "kill that healer over there"...so CoP is the right tool for THAT job specifically. To that end Mastery >= Haste > Vers > MS=Crit will help you melt that healer the fastest. If you value your own survivability over the cost of nuke power feel free to run Vers > Haste. However I'm in the live dangerous, be dangerous camp and I'll even forego the 15% dmg reduction from my 2nd PVP trinket and use RoW instead. When I play with premade groups and healers I can trust to keep me up, the extra offensive thruput of RoW is worth the defensive risk. It pays off when I can melt holy pallies that are spamming heals on themselves...that smile is PRICELESS =) YMMV of course...that brand of PVP isn't for the faint of heart, but if you want to truly min/max your offensive capabilities as a "healer melter", that's how to roll.