10+ Year Old Account

New Gaming Setup

Hey Everyone,

So i've had my current desk for about 8 years now. It's been nice, but i'm ready for an upgrade. This past weekend, I started to tackle this project. First it starts with a new desk, then a clean and organized setup.

So, this is my current setup.

As you can see it's a corner desk, i'm ready for a bit of change.

Here is a few sketches i have drawn up as to what i want it to look like.

Wood all bought

Wood All Burnt

Office All Cleaned Out

Supports Up

Main Desk Top In

Side Counter In

Everything Installed

Cut outs, and First Coat of Poly

Monitor Stand up

Monitors up

Computer all Set up

90% done

Last edited by Evilball; 2016-02-09 at 02:57 AM.

Deleted
    I'm not at all a fan of the burnt look, but I can appreciate a nice and well-executed project. Must have been a lot of fun and nice feeling after?

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks! Yes, I told my wife I was going to set it all up til 24 hrs after my last poly coat, but I couldn't stand it, and had to do it sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    I'm not at all a fan of the burnt look, but I can appreciate a nice and well-executed project. Must have been a lot of fun and nice feeling after?
    Gotta agree, can't stand that burned wood look. I guess it matches the wood paneling and ugly red carpet though? Before getting a new desk I would have been replacing that god awful wood paneling and ugly red carpet. Would have done far more for the room and would have matched the more modern looking desk he already had. But hey, if this looks good to him, good job. Always nice to build something yourself and have it come out how you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Gotta agree, can't stand that burned wood look. I guess it matches the wood paneling and ugly red carpet though? Before getting a new desk I would have been replacing that god awful wood paneling and ugly red carpet. Would have done far more for the room and would have matched the more modern looking desk he already had. But hey, if this looks good to him, good job. Always nice to build something yourself and have it come out how you want.
    thanks, and yes everything else is ugly... it's my office, and i don't spend much time looking at the floor or walls. they work for now, and when i feel like upgrading those i will.