Logitech z506 problems

Forgive me if this isn't the right place to ask but i've tried various other places with no success.

I got the Logitech z506 speakers as a gift around xmas and recently (past couple weeks) the speakers have been doing a couple different things. They will fade out and not output any sound randomly without anything being touched only to come back on without anything being touched as well. They will get really quiet all of a sudden, or they will crackle a bit or make a light thumping sound (if that makes sense) and then fade out.

Flicking the volume knob sometimes helps or makes it cut out which makes me think its a wiring problem but I have no idea.
    All cords are plugged in correctly and the sound card is secured to the motherboard

Sound card is a Sound blaster Audigy Fx if that helps at all
    Last edited by Scrotemus; 2016-02-09 at 12:46 AM.

They may be defective, I bought a set of those speakers last year around september, and had one speaker not work out of the box, returned them asap and stick to my creative 6.1 speaker set with dodgy sub till I find something more reliable and affordable for the time being.

I usually love logitech stuff but those speakers are so light they fall over from the weight of the wire attached to them, not at all impressed by them.

I actually dont have the same experience as you, the last pair of logitech speakers I bought did the same thing, but it took them a lot longer to start crapping out. I'll look into returning them or something then unless anyone else has input