[Legion] Heroic Strike and Overpower

These two abilities. Without a doubt the most heavily discussed warrior abilities since their pruning in WoD. I'm glad to see them back but neither ability is really selling it right now.

Overpower

1. Probably doesn't belong in the fury toolkit. It's never been a fury spell, even if the current overpower is more similar to sudden death (we'll get to that in a minute) Fury's new rotation doesn't really play well with additional rotational abilities right now, which is probably fine to be honest with a few small tweaks. But Overpower doesn't feel like a fury ability. In an expansion focused on class fantasy, this is probably important

2. It needs to proc off dodge/parry. This is always part of what made the ability fun and powerful. Even if you change it to only auto attack dodge/parry. This needs to be part of the mechanic.

3. Arms plays wonderfully with a few artifact traits, it would be cool to see this have some small impact on gameplay besides just being a proc. Since you're giving up a gcd for CS resets, and costs rage, AND it's a talent. I think something as simple as your next slam/ms/execute will have an additional chance to trigger colossus smash. That seems to fit the theme of an ability called Overpower as well.

Heroic Strike

1. Similar to Overpower, with the new Arms rotation I'm not feeling like this has a place in the Arms toolkit. Heroic Strike is typically meant to generate a faster play style. That's not what arms is about. These two abilities would help truly separate the two specs from each other as well.

2. Make it do damage. Not this ridiculous stacking buff idea. Rampage is fun and all that but there's a world there where Heroic Strike can make sense even in conjunction with Rampage.

Heroic Strike - Deals X damage, off GCD. Rampage removes rage cost for 2 seconds. Critical Strikes will refresh enrage, but not activate it.

-It's currently tuned that while enraged you have a net gain in rage when using Heroic Strike/Raging Blow. So you're still going to have to use Rampage to dump rage. But can maintain the fast playstyle you wanted by choosing heroic strike.
    **It should be tuned to be used above Rampage while enraged. The original alpha mechanic of it doing double damage while enraged was a fine way to do this.
    Last edited by Artunias; 2016-02-09 at 04:41 PM.

Was really looking forward to getting the cata heroic strike back, sadface.. Also with the CS bonus they added, it could've really been an interesting addition to the rotation.. There's some potential in the new design too, if it weren't so insanely rage inefficient.

One way they could make the new HS a situationally interesting pick, is if it were not off-GCD, had a much lower rage cost, and buffed MS for more than it does now. Like maybe 10 rage cost, +50% MS damage, stacks up to 3 with generous time before buff falls off.

So it would not be ideal to use during melee uptime (except maybe during CS downtime), but would give you something to do when sitting in a root and during melee downtime.

Personally would love to see the vanilla version of HS brought back though (minus the rage gen nerf), if only for nostalgia reasons.
    Last edited by Calamari; 2016-02-09 at 05:37 PM.

I don't like Rend,Heroic Strike and Overpower being talents.I mean it's like they have no new ideas on adding new spells to the warriors.Also I miss Flurry(the passive) and Death wish.These two should be talents to be honest not the core abilities which we had a long time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by demonhunter50 View Post
    I don't like Rend,Heroic Strike and Overpower being talents.I mean it's like they have no new ideas on adding new spells to the warriors.Also I miss Flurry(the passive) and Death wish.These two should be talents to be honest not the core abilities which we had a long time.
    I missed flurry since it was removed. This thing was the main-reason fury felt like a berserker for me. Btw overpower was used in t4/t5 content by fury warriors since there where useable gaps in the rotation.

On that behalf I loved the old (on next hit) heroic strike. That promoted to manage your rage a little bit more, since you could actively nerf it for some time and keep it under control.

I think second wind wrotw up something before abouts talent row that purely affected rampage

So you get heroic strike, off the gcd attack that cost 30 rage and replaced rampage
    You get carnage which made rampage cost 50 rage
    And you would get something else can't remember.
    So the third for me would be massacre. Rampage cost 70 rage and consumes up to 100 rage for bonus damage

As for overpower. I like it as a talent choice... Cost no rage high damage attack. Would love if it was baseline but then I had to think of something to replace it.
    Last edited by Ryuku; 2016-02-10 at 04:18 PM.

I loved arms the way it was in MOP. Mortal strike gives you two uses of overpower. If you had excess rage you could spam slam and/or heroic strike instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Overpower doesn't need to be in the game. Just let it die and pretend it never existed.

The reason they won't let it proc off of dodge is because Warriors basically nullify Evasion which is completely unfair to Rogues. I also don't understand what is so "fun" about it proccing off of dodges and parries because Revenge does the same shit and its annoying. Revenge and filler Devastate existing is the reason I don't play prot because there's too many abilities overlapping eachother and its a god damm mess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by demonhunter50 View Post
    The worst part is that all of these useless filler abilities are TALENTS. Meaning you have to make space on your bars for them EVEN when you don't have it talented.