Some quick questions.

Hi, just some questions, sorry if wrong forum for this, but people here will proboaly know.

1.I recently installed add-block instead of plus, cause it has a feature to whitelist youtube channels. I whitelisted some channels, but I see no add's running. Is this normal? I tough one would atleast see add's after whitelisting, or are they "running" but just not showing up?

2. For WoW what sort of settings are the most demanding `? I have a 144 hertz screen, and I guess my aim should be to play games without vsync on, at 144 FPS or close? I know that shadow's and the other stuff is abit heavy, but testing it out on a kazzak raid only Anti-Aliasing , MSAA and Post-process AA seem to do any difference in my FPS. Anti-aliasing makes my FPS drop by like 100-150 in some remote place with nothing going on (210-265 vs around 100)

Im correct about the idea of not playing with Vsync trying to keep high FPS?

Sorry if wrong place again
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2016-02-10 at 02:30 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Im correct about the idea of not playing with Vsync trying to keep high FPS?
    Unless you are pushing stable 144+ FPS, then yes. If you drop below 144 with Vsync on it halves to 72. And it's generally good idea to leave Vsync off anyway if you don't notice any screen tearing. Then again I'd probably enable it if I had screen tearing since that's far worse than lower FPS for me personally.

Setting wise, yeah depending on your setup AA is probably the most taxing one. Although you got to ask yourself would you rather have smooth image instead of full 144 FPS? Or some compromise in between (4xMSAA is pretty decent for 1080p)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Unless you are pushing stable 144+ FPS, then yes. If you drop below 144 with Vsync on it halves to 72. And it's generally good idea to leave Vsync off anyway if you don't notice any screen tearing. Then again I'd probably enable it if I had screen tearing since that's far worse than lower FPS for me personally.

Setting wise, yeah depending on your setup AA is probably the most taxing one. Although you got to ask yourself would you rather have smooth image instead of full 144 FPS? Or some compromise in between (4xMSAA is pretty decent for 1080p)
    I feel the opposite is true, especially if you have a 60hz monitor. For a 144hz monitor, this may be true, but for a 60hz Monitor if your system is capable of pushing 200FPS it's better to turn VSync on so your system does not work as hard trying to push 200 FPS all the time. Even with a 144hz Monitor though, if your system is capable of doing 200+ FPS, why make it do the work for that if all you are going to see is 144FPS.

Yea, true! Gonna go with MSAA 4 or 8. Prolly 8. Super antiliasing was bit to heavy for my setup with all other settings all max or so.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I feel the opposite is true, especially if you have a 60hz monitor. For a 144hz monitor, this may be true, but for a 60hz Monitor if your system is capable of pushing 200FPS it's better to turn VSync on so your system does not work as hard trying to push 200 FPS all the time. Even with a 144hz Monitor though, if your system is capable of doing 200+ FPS, why make it do the work for that if all you are going to see is 144FPS.
    Well there's no harm in pushing the system hard, unless, A) The noise is annoying you, or, B) You want to save energy (less heat). If you are fine with both of those points then I see no reason to use Vsync apart from preventing screen tearing.

And like I said, if you don't push constant 60/120/144 FPS the Vsync halves the frame rate so it can actually end up harming your performance. Or if you're Nvidia user you can use adaptive Vsync which does not do that. Or use frame rate cap (the lackluster option imo) which doesn't help with screen tearing but helps to prevent overworking the system.