View Poll Results: Consoles Generations 7 vs 8 PS4 Xbox One, Wii U

Voters
31. This poll is closed
  • Console Generations 7 (PS3, Xbox 360, Wii)

12 38.71%
  • Console Generation 8 (PS4. Xbox One, Wii U)

19 61.29%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Consoles Generations 7 vs 8 PS4 Xbox One, Wii U

It's been a while since I purchased a PlayStation since PlayStation 2 and X Box 360, I bought the PlayStation 4 when it first came out but honestly, I am finding there being a lot less games, and I enjoy it a lot less tan I used to, anybody else having the same experience?

Which Generation Console do you prefer Generations 7 (PS3, XBox360 Wii U) or Generation 8 (PS4 and XBox One)?

Also If you had to bet on the next Generation of Console would you buy one and from whom?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

you are just getting too old for video games

10+ Year Old Account
    Does Gamecube count as generation 7? I had a PS2 and Gamecube and that was the golden years of console gaming for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    Yeah I thought of that, I mean I am really not a MW or COD fanatic, I think they are alright, but so far I am kind of trying to find a reason to stick with Console, and Games seem to be very few and far between, and what there is coming is really slow.

Now I am hearing people talking about the next generation as Ultra HD formats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoops nevermind I guess that would be uh Generation 6? 5? Anyways yeah that generation. I started PC gaming heavily in 7 and haven't looked back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Does Gamecube count as generation 7? I had a PS2 and Gamecube and that was the golden years of console gaming for me.
    Hahaha, yeah kind of weird me to, I kind of miss Nintendo dominating.

He's not to old for video games, he's to old for consoles which are made for children who can't afford proper computers to play proper games.

I'm not impressed with the PS4/XbOne lineup to be honest. It seems like a lot of ports or remasters from the previous generation. I've got a pretty big PS3 library, but looking at the PS4, I think there were only 4 or 5 games I'd pick up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lartok View Post
    He's not to old for video games, he's to old for consoles which are made for children who can't afford proper computers to play proper games.
    Can confirm, compared to PC exclusives consoles are nothing..... can't wait for Star Citizen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is nonsense, you don't get too old for video games, there is just too many video games that can fit your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lartok View Post
    Also, this is also wrong, the video game platform has NOTHING to do with the quality of the games itself, and the targeted audience. Just like the year of a movie has nothing to do with its quality right.

Check stuff like http://www.gamefaqs.com/games/rankin...=1&min_votes=1 to find what you're looking for.

That was generation 6. I agree, this era had incredible games...Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime, Zelda WW/TP, Baten Kaitos, F-Zero GX, Metal Gear Solid, Shadow of the Colossus, Okami, Silent Hill 2&3, the first 3d GTAs, a bit of game series were born also. Awesome era.

As for the topic, currently I'd say gen 7 :p
    Last edited by Cæli; 2016-02-11 at 03:16 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just stick too PC tbh. Most games are cross platform these days and PC generally has a modding community as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find the problem with games these days is they're way too inundated with RPG elements and other forms of grind. Pretty much anything to basically artificially keep the difficulty up or the games longer. Too much filler content. I'm not sure where the problem stems from. I'm pretty sure that it was RPGs that started the whole "our game will last you 100 hours!" and so on, despite old games like Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger requiring only a dozen hours to finish, and several more to 100%, luck depending. I think another problem that gameplay isn't as important to many gamers these days. Narratives, story, and other superfluous aspects games have become more and more important as time goes on.

I find myself more and more going to Nintendo. They haven't seemed to fall in the traps that other designers gotten into. Generally speaking, in their games, the difficulty increases through tougher level design, and to 100% their games, requires very clever use of your character's abilities. And usually their games are very tight experiences. I'm not sure if I can articulate it properly, but Nintendo games feel like they require actual skill, timing, and ingenuity in ways that are different from many other developers.

Gamecube is 6th generation, along with PS2, Xbox, and Dreamcast.

Some people take this whole PC Master Race stuff way too seriously. Why limit yourselves? Until Sony lets Naughty Dog and Microsoft lets Halo release on PC I have no problem spending $500-700 for two consoles and 5+ years of entertainment. Other console exclusives are just icing on the cake for me. I'm all in on Star Citizen. Waiting for Pascal to drop and I'm upgrading everything in my computer to make the game run on ultra, 1440, and the highest frame rate I can get for VR. However, I'm looking forward to playing Overwatch on my Xbox.

It's been a while since I purchased a PlayStation since PlayStation 2 and X Box 360, I bought the PlayStation 4 when it first came out but honestly, I am finding there being a lot less games, and I enjoy it a lot less tan I used to, anybody else having the same experience?

Which Generation Console do you prefer Generations 7 (PS3, XBox360 Wii U) or Generation 8 (PS4 and XBox One)?

Also If you had to bet on the next Generation of Console would you buy one and from whom?
    See this is the thing with sony bragging about how many consoles they have sold. I would buy a ps4 to go along with my xbox one but the only game i would buy it for is rocket league and we are getting that in about a week.

Or maby he can have both and not be an uptight dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    See this is the thing with sony bragging about how many consoles they have sold.
    It's not bragging it's stating facts, 40 mil PS4s sold, sub 20 mil Xbox Ones. PS4 is on pace to sell over 100 mil, Xbox One is on pace to sell much lower then Xbox 360. Playstation has grown it's market share, Xbox has lost market share. PS4 sells far more software then Xbox One beating them in every major 3rd party game this past year in NPD. These are facts, not bragging.In fact it seems the only one here bragging is you stating your personal opinion to try and downplay the system.

Alright, let's keep discussion relevant to OP, which means keep the PC vs. console nonsense out of the thread please.

This is the first generation of consoles since the NES that I haven't bought into yet so i'm bias on this. It was the same time in m life when I actually had money so PC became my main platform during the gen 6 with my more upper end builds starting during gen 7. I've come close to buying an xbox one and more recently a ps4 but when I look at the exclusives there still arn't enough to warrant a purchase at this point.
    Last edited by Jakexe; 2016-02-11 at 03:47 AM.

Xbone and PS4 are interchangeable. Depends on:
    - Which company you hate less
    - Which exclusives you want

If you play PC games, the only reason to get either is for exclusives.

Wii U if you want Nintendo games. It's also the best secondary since it barely overlaps with the other options.

Honestly, this is really hard to answer. Last gen Nintendo did a heck of a lot better, but the Wii U has some amazing things on it, just not as much.

But from there, the PS4 is heading down a heck of a lot better path than the PS3 did (not saying the PS3 was bad, just it started off lower).

I feel like we'd have to wait til Gen 9 to honestly give a good answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    actually according to Jim Sterling and his sources there seems to have been an interesting trend with this console generation.

According to him, there was a lack of faith in consoles by developers for this generation, which is why we saw so many remakes and not many new IPs. Now that these consoles are hitting big because of big titles, we will see more games

Jim Sterling is a weird mother fucker, but damn, hes usually right. #fuckkonami and all.

According to Jim Sterling, the reason we are going to see episodic games from Square Enix is because they didnt plan to release them on the current gen.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2016-02-11 at 05:20 AM.