Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Harry Potter part 8 to release this summer.

From CNN:
    Harry Potter is back for another round of magic, struggles with the darkness and parents.

This time, Harry's the dad, struggling with his own son.

The eighth installment of the Harry Potter series, the two-part play, "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child," will be published as a book this summer, author J.K Rowling announced on her Pottermore website Wednesday.

The "special rehearsal edition" script book will be available at midnight on July 31, a day after the Harry Potter play opens in London.
    Now for the ??? part:

The newest Potter installment, the first official Harry Potter story to be presented on stage, is based on an original new story by Rowling, Jack Thorne and John Tiffany, and is written by Thorne.
    Why market + hype a new Harry Potter book as an 8th installment in the series if Rowling isn't the one who actually wrote it?

Mixed feelings about this. Boo/yay?

10+ Year Old Account
    rowling didn't write it? BOOOOOOO! also WHY?
    also BOOOOOO DRAENEI!
    wait why is it being called a play if it's a book? WTF?
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2016-02-11 at 04:51 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

It's not like Harry Potter would be the 1st character to end up being farmed out for others writers, such as James Bond, Jason Bourne, Bill the Galatic Hero and countless others.

I'd imagine the pressue for more film content would be the reason there are more books coming out starring Harry himself (Which is lucky for Daniel Radcliffe, who apparently has been reduced to playing farting corpses in movies people walk out of)
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
    It's not like Harry Potter would be the 1st character to end up being farmed out for others writers, such as James Bond, Jason Bourne, Bill the Galatic Hero and countless others.

I'd imagine the pressue for more film content would be the reason there are more books coming out starring Harry himself (Which is lucky for Daniel Radcliffe, who apparently has been reduced to playing farting corpses in movies people walk out of)
    well if he screws up the characters than the franchise is effectively dead.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    Meh, they'll continue to produce material for the world until it's all completely confusing, contradictary and bad and then they'll do the Disney Starwars "Yeah, no, RETCON!" and we'll be back to the original series and whatever gets added then that IS in good taste and high quality.

To me there's only the original books, and everything produced here after for Harry Potter is in my mind no better than fanfiction and no more relevant than fanfiction. Some of it will be nice, some of it will be bad, but none of it will matter in the greater scheme of things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Meh, they'll continue to produce material for the world until it's all completely confusing, contradictary and bad and then they'll do the Disney Starwars "Yeah, no, RETCON!" and we'll be back to the original series and whatever gets added then that IS in good taste and high quality.

To me there's only the original books, and everything produced here after for Harry Potter is in my mind no better than fanfiction and no more relevant than fanfiction. Some of it will be nice, some of it will be bad, but none of it will matter in the greater scheme of things.
    well since it isn't produced by j.k. rowling it can never live up to her original books. each writer has their own style of writing.

They're already fucking up the characters in the upcoming play.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    They're already fucking up the characters in the upcoming play.
    i don't know at this point if i want to hear how they are murdering the harry potter franchise.

15+ Year Old Account
    Im actually currently been listening to the audiobooks atm.
    Last edited by apepi; 2016-02-11 at 05:46 AM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

i don't know at this point if i want to hear how they are murdering the harry potter franchise.
    Well you can decide for yourself if they're murdering the franchise. Meet the new Hermione Granger.

I'm torn, I liked the series as a kid but my opinion of Rowling has soured quite a bit due to her political activities and frankly embarrassing and childish behaviour so I'm disinclined to add to her hoard of children's pocket money she sits atop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you can decide for yourself if they're murdering the franchise. Meet the new Hermione Granger.
    pack it in folks it's dead. last i checked hermione WASN'T black.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    I'm torn, I liked the series as a kid but my opinion of Rowling has soured quite a bit due to her political activities and frankly embarrassing and childish behaviour so I'm disinclined to add to her hoard of children's pocket money she sits atop.
    what did she do exactly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I prefer Hermione as I always saw her in my head. But JKR never stated her skin color in the books.

https://twitter.com/jk_rowling/statu...rc=twsrc%5Etfw
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    Personally I prefer Hermione as I always saw her in my head. But JKR never stated her skin color in the books.

https://twitter.com/jk_rowling/statu...rc=twsrc%5Etfw
    Yeah she did, why are you trying to lie?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah she did, why are you trying to lie?

Why the accusation? I directly linked you to where the author herself said she was never stated as white.

You ever heard of someone being described as white or pale when they are terrified because the blood drains from their face? Yeah. That's what you just linked.

No one is writing "and then she stuck a black face/yellow face/white face into view". That's clearly not what was being described. She was breathless, afraid, and pale from fear.
    Last edited by Splenda; 2016-02-11 at 06:38 AM.
    S (moderator)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

The term "white face" in that context could refer to fear...color drained from face...etc. To my knowledge, she never stated Hermione's ethnicity, her being black is perfectly plausible.

As an FYI Harry was originally planned to be a girl. :P

Dumbledore's being gay was more out of left field than Hermione possibly being black, I never saw any illusion to any aspect of his sexuality in the books. If anything I had assumed he was asexual.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    The term "white face" in that context could refer to fear...color drained from face...etc. To my knowledge, she never stated Hermione's ethnicity, her being black is perfectly plausible.

As an FYI Harry was originally planned to be a girl. :P

Dumbledore's being gay was more out of left field than Hermione possibly being black, I never saw any illusion to any aspect of his sexuality in the books. If anything I had assumed he was asexual.
    Well, I do remember in the books it talked about him dancing with some of the female teachers.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    I rather saw him asexual too, or I guess he just kind of didn't care and had more important things to do than sex or date. *shrug* I didn't think about his sexuality too hard, I was a little kid and then a teenager, I was busy obsessing about who was going to die.
    S (moderator)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure if Hermione wasn't white we'd have seen it in some official media before now. This just screams false rumors or pandering retcon.

Happy potter is ruined cause Hermione is black? That's silly, even sillier to tell the creator she's wrong.

This.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8