Poll: Would you shoot and kill a Bald Eagle for 1 million?

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    definitely.

IN Australia we shoot our national Animal daily, No issue doing it to Americas once.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    definitely.

IN Australia we shoot our national Animal daily, No issue doing it to Americas once.
    Yeah I eat quite a bit of Kangaroo steak; shit's great.

Quote Originally Posted by RapBreon View Post
    I gotta ask, why a Bald Eagle specifically?
    Because he's the American flag animal mascot thing, which basically makes the eagle a religious icon for Americans. I'm fairly certain bald eagles are more holy than the holy grail to some Americans. So shooting them makes you as unamerican as... being Stalin's offspring raised in a communist camp hating McDonald's. Or so the OP thinks. Thus the provocative nature of his question, thinking anyone really cares.

Surprisingly, there are people voting no, so it seems some people really care. Which makes this funnier than it should be.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

no, 1. jail time is not worth that. 2. i won't kill anything unless i'm absolutely forced to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Why would anyone pay anyone one milion for shooting eagle ? Having some sentiment or something ?

This is easier to answer when the offer doesn't exist; however I think almost all who say no, would indeed kill a bird for 1 million.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Why would anyone pay anyone one milion for shooting eagle ? Having some sentiment or something ?
    How much did someone buy a picture of a potato for?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm interesting $1,000,000 I'm pretty comfy and don't need or want to kill a bald eagle, but that's a nice chunk of change.

Tempting, but nah!

I wouldn't want to cause the pain of this totally innocent bird for no serious need.

If flip a coin like the movie No Country for Old Men. Call it!
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    Hell yeah. Only an idiot would say no or those who already make around a million a year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Not for jailtime, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuesdays View Post
    This is easier to answer when the offer doesn't exist; however I think almost all who say no, would indeed kill a bird for 1 million.
    Agreed. I don't buy their refusal at all.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    As the eagle is a fellow mate of mine, no.
    Ever seen a bird trying to handle a gun? We're just clucking it all up.

Deleted
    I'm English, so no nationalistic hang-ups here. That graceful goose is cooked!

Anyone who pretends the eagle has anything to do with the question is lying to themselves. The fuck, man, how much of a vegan head-in-the-clouds do you have to be to think that the killing matters in this scenario?

People seem to have missed it - the OP says you'd spend a year in jail, which obviously has a far bigger impact on your decision than killing a bird. Even you, Mall Security, though I know you're delusion incarnate.

10+ Year Old Account
    For a cup of coffee, would you put in the work to come up with something besides the overworked "Would you do X thing for Y money?"
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Anyone who pretends the eagle has anything to do with the question is lying to themselves. The fuck, man, how much of a vegan head-in-the-clouds do you have to be to think that the killing matters in this scenario?

People seem to have missed it - the OP says you'd spend a year in jail, which obviously has a far bigger impact on your decision than killing a bird. Even you, Mall Security, though I know you're delusion incarnate.
    Why would I shoot and cause the suffering of a creature not doing a damn thing to me?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    For a cup of coffee, would you put in the work to come up with something besides the overworked "Would you do X thing for Y money?"
    Sorry, bungeebungee. I don't drink coffee.

10+ Year Old Account
    And why do you have to get caught?

So the question is simply: Would you spend a year in prison for one million dollars.
    First of all I would have to make sure I really get paid and it's not trick (for example here in Germany a contract about an illegal subject is void, so for example you cannot sue a murderer you paid in advance if he failed to murder)

One million dollar is enough money that you don't have to work for your entire life. A young person will very likely have to work even if he got the money (unless he is some skilled entrepreneur), but being registered as criminal won't make it easily to get a job for him then. So the choice for young people seems to be the toughest one.

If you're at the end of your professional career (60+) the choice is easier. You lose one year of your remaining life time, but then you don't have to worry about money anymore. This choice probably depends on your current health and the amount of money you already have.

And for "mid-livers" it depends. I am 40 now, if I will earn money as I do now I will get about 1,5m EUR in the next 20 years - before taxes. So I would do it in a hearbeat, it just means one year off my life, but then I can do whatever I want with my life. It won't be enough to live a rich man's life, but together with my savings it will be a good and comfortable one where money is no problem. Although with so much free time you probably will spend more money.

But generally I think it's a good deal.

1 year of my life is more valuable to me than 1M dollars, so nope.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I would shoot the one making me such an offer instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.