Poll: Would you shoot and kill a Bald Eagle for 1 million?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Nope a year in prison for a mill is to little.
    Not for the average joe.

I would prefer to shoot an illeagle.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, one million is not worth a year in jail for me and possible felony on my record. If I were poor and unable to earn that amount of money in a year, then perhaps.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    As others have already said, I'd be tempted to shoot the person making the offer.

Honestly, it's not a question of money. Some things are just wrong - and shooting a potentially vulnerable species for the sport of some rich asshole ranks right up there. I may not be rich, but I am not in such dire need of money that I would be a douche to get my hands on some.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RapBreon View Post
    I gotta ask, why a Bald Eagle specifically?
    They're supposed to be sacred to 'Mericans, so it implies that in addition to spending a year in jail for $1 mil you also have to do something that you probably don't want too.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeion View Post
    Living in Denmark I would have to say yes. 1 million for killing some bird, and then a vacation in jail for a year with 3 meals a day + tv and what not.. Sure!
    Living in Denmark the punishment would probably be a fine. But hey a million dollars can pay the fine and leave quite a bit for luxury

Nah. They prey on seagulls, so they're on our side.

I'd kill anything for 1mil and a year in jail.

No. I would shoot any of you for £1m though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BonesTheRabbit
    Sorry, bungeebungee. I don't drink coffee.
    That's OK, we tend to get terrible coffee over here anyway, and you seem to avoid the overworked X for Y pattern without it.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    They're supposed to be sacred to 'Mericans, so it implies that in addition to spending a year in jail for $1 mil you also have to do something that you probably don't want too.
    They are the national bird of the USA and often used as a national symbol. So yes, there is an additional emotive element for Americans, not sure I'd call them "sacred" though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post

Because everybody on the internet and this forum is from the USA, just the arrogance of 'Muricans at work

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Form3r View Post
    Because everybody on the internet and this forum is from the USA, just the arrogance of 'Muricans at work
    I don't think the OP was intentionally being arrogant, more he was just aiming his question at other Americans.

I believe if you are Native American you are allowed to hunt a limited number of eagles in many places.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    what sort of sick creep would kill a living animal for a monetary reward???
    Hi

Oh come on. If you're gonna ask something as unlikely as this you might as go further out there.
    I would have gone with "Would you shoot inside a bald eagle for 1 Million, if you get me, nudge"

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    what sort of sick creep would kill a living animal for a monetary reward???
    << This guy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    So the question is simply: Would you spend a year in prison for one million dollars.
    First of all I would have to make sure I really get paid and it's not trick (for example here in Germany a contract about an illegal subject is void, so for example you cannot sue a murderer you paid in advance if he failed to murder)

One million dollar is enough money that you don't have to work for your entire life. A young person will very likely have to work even if he got the money (unless he is some skilled entrepreneur), but being registered as criminal won't make it easily to get a job for him then. So the choice for young people seems to be the toughest one.

If you're at the end of your professional career (60+) the choice is easier. You lose one year of your remaining life time, but then you don't have to worry about money anymore. This choice probably depends on your current health and the amount of money you already have.

And for "mid-livers" it depends. I am 40 now, if I will earn money as I do now I will get about 1,5m EUR in the next 20 years - before taxes. So I would do it in a hearbeat, it just means one year off my life, but then I can do whatever I want with my life. It won't be enough to live a rich man's life, but together with my savings it will be a good and comfortable one where money is no problem. Although with so much free time you probably will spend more money.

But generally I think it's a good deal.
    For most people it would be a no brainer to give up a year of your life for a million dollars. Most people won't have that kind of money saved up even if they work their whole lives.

For a million cash i would be able to purchase a few rental properties that would grant me enough income to live comfortably off of in a nice and sunny country.

It seems most young people here don't realize just what you can do with a million dollar tax free or what it takes to acquire such a sum legally.

Sure, id shoot 5 for 5 million. keep half, use the other half to promote conservation efforts, breeding via genetic/artificial insemination and habitat.

Deleted
    This thread reminds me of the stupid questions my classmates would ask in elementary school, and the morality ''tests'' like the one with the ringing phone, doorbell and crying baby.