Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Inactive players, are you coming back to try Legion?

I've been contemplating coming back to WoW to try the Legion xpac, and was just wondering how many of you guys are planning on returning?
    If you are what is appealing about the new xpac that makes you want to return?
    If you aren't, why are you not returning?
    Active players, what are your thoughts on an old player returning to Legion with the new level boost?

Thanks in advance

Deleted
    Yes, most likely, Legion looks great.

Yes. Stopped playing WoD earlier than I usually quit expacs but I'm in the Legion Alpha now and it looks amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course. Leveling and the first few weeks (or even months) at max level are the best time of every WoW expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ribbad View Post
    I've been contemplating coming back to WoW to try the Legion xpac, and was just wondering how many of you guys are planning on returning?
    If you are what is appealing about the new xpac that makes you want to return?
    If you aren't, why are you not returning?
    Active players, what are your thoughts on an old player returning to Legion with the new level boost?

Thanks in advance
    I'm basically inactive currently, though I am subscribed (Had a bunch of money, so it didn't really matter much economically). I have high expectations for Legion though, and some of the reasons are:

1. Keystone dungeons - Competitive, entertaining, and rewarding content for 5 players. I have wanted this for a long time, since I always hated raiding. Not so much because of raids themselves, but mostly because of the fact that only the highest difficulty keeps me engaged, and the highest difficulty requires a reliable guild and (as far as I have experienced) scheduling your life (somewhat) around the game. Getting 4 others is much easier, and dungeons don't take nearly as long to finish. Gearing up may take longer than raiding, but that is not an issue for me.

2. Big changes to every class and spec. Going from MoP to WoD, my main mostly got neutered (Lock), so the gameplay felt like almost the exact same thing as the entire expansion before WoD, just worse. Legion may have good and bad things, but at least it will be very different.

3. Blizz learned from their mistakes in WoD regarding content outside of raids. They will likely make sure that we don't just sit around in the class hall waiting for raids while playing a menu game (Garrison Missions). I'm not sure if there is any information regarding this, so I'm not sure if they actually did learn anything. They said they did, but you never know.

4. The 4 new leveling areas in Legion allow you to pick whichever zone you want, and the mobs will scale with your level. This could be applied to more areas in the game, which indicates that more "timewalking" will become available (eventually). More engaging content, more fun. This is a big maybe though. Edit: Also, since we can choose between 4 zones, launch is very likely to go much smoother this time around than, what, every single previous expansion? That is also a big plus if you (like me) play on release.

5. Lorewise, Legion seems to be pretty awesome as well. WoD bummed me out right from the start, since Siege of Orgrimmar had already made me tired of orcs. World of Orcs didn't seem interesting to me before launch, and it didn't get interesting after launch either. No matter how much Blizz wanted it to be "Savage". A lot of people were for example also turned off by Kung Fu Pandas in Mists, but the lore in Mists was actually pretty good and much darker than I had expected. The Burning Legion hasn't let me down so far, so I don't expect it to do so now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll likely pick it up, and give it a shot for a few months. A few friends expressed interest in getting back into it. Not going to preorder, I'll wait for the early stuff to wear off and the lag to stem up a bit.

Still hoping for good things from Arms reworking, but this latest build is worrying.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    Of course. Leveling and the first few weeks (or even months) at max level are the best time of every WoW expansion.
    I agree, except I always love the last few months as well. My two favorite times are always right before and right after an expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    I agree, except I always love the last few months as well. My two favorite times are always right before and right after an expansion.
    Yeah, I will probably come back a few weeks before launch and so stuff. Heck, I would like to resub, but I left after Tanaan was already there, so I would get bored after a week anways. Which is the reason why I am not subbed at the moment.

Not until flying is active (and if it is anytime past 7.1, never).

I'll be back, probably a week before launch for the pre event (and I'll bitch as the servers crash launch day even though I know it's coming). But I doubt for more than a month or two at launch, and another month later with a content patch.
    And it's not "thing I don't like killed wow". It's an old, old game. I've done it to death. I'm amazed numbers are still as high as they are, that they've kept that many people interested. What could they do differently to get me to stay? Short of an actual succubus with subscription not much.

15+ Year Old Account
    Definitely. It's the expansion I've been waiting since WOTLK.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Not sure. Not befor they bring back flying though, in any case.
    Legions not looking that great right now but we'll see.

I'm thinking about it. As of right now, my decision is a firm no. Maybe if it gets closer and if I can get into the beta.
    Yes, I draw my own avatars.

I doubt it, but am keeping a somewhat open mind. Some aspects look interesting, but even more pruning, and this continued insistence on followers in some form are enough to make me think twice about it.

no im free from that wow crack finally thanks to WoD!

I'm not sure yet. But if I don't return at the start then I will never return.

Most likely not. Game no longer holds the appeal it once did. Vast majority of people I used to play with are long gone and starting over in another guild is not appealing. When the time gets closer I'll know for sure, but BC 2.5 doesn't seem like it's going to be that good and WoD really left a bad taste in my mouth.

7+ Year Old Account
    From what i seen posted from alpha/beta stages theres so much lore and whatnot there is gonna be so much stuff to do you will be spending time on one toon so what i guess im trying to say is be sure to know what kind of class is your favorite the most important part not a race to 110 or realm first or server firsts or even guild firsts we should all remember that the good people of blizzard gave us 25 years of greatness and we are going into year 11 of world of warcraft and quite possibly we should all see this as a passing of the torch to the next generation of gamers who can enjoy and pick up the game in theirs so remember make friends and have fun and remember it's not about how good you are it's about what you enjoy of things.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

no, if I don't have the option to play a classic type hunter and not a zookeeper spec, caveman spec or Legolas spec.

*unsubbed back in March due to crappy class design.
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2016-02-12 at 03:50 AM.

Blizz had burned up all the goodwill I had for them.

I'm not touching Legion until I see it live. Then I will choose.

The days of automatically buying because it's Blizzard are over.