Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Had a play that basically defined "Miracle"

My board was dormant Sherazin, Arcane Golem and 8/8 VC. I had 2HP. Enemy taunt warrior had his quest complete, Sulfuras still with 1 charge, an Alley Armorsmith on board, 18HP and 3 armour. I'm dead next turn.

I have Backstab in hand coming into my turn. That's it.

Then I draw my second Auctioneer.

Play it, BS his Armorsmith. Draw Prep. Prep draws FoK. FoK draws Evis and my second Swash. Evis on his Armorsmith kills it, and draws my second Evis.

Evis his face, swing with minions and weapon. 21 face damage for exactly 10 mana. I win =)
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Just had a glorious game against a quest shaman with my thrown together discard warlock.

4 consecutive turns my silverware golem refuses to be discarded. I'm on the ropes. He just finished his quest and his hand is only megafin. But lo and behold guess what I top deck...dirty rat. Next turn was glorious as I assume he's just sitting there dumbfounded at his luck. Mopped up his board and swung a few things into megafin and he was left top decking for the next few turns until I put him out of his misery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just tried out the evolution shaman which is on the front page of hearthpwn since I love the evolution mechanic. Played against a quest rogue and he fills the board and I have nothing but crap on mine and get him down to 8 health with evolution master and both evolves in my hand. I say fuck it and play the evolution master and then evolve and get leeroy and Kor'kron elite and charge his face for the kill. Fuck you quest rogue muhahahaha.

There is no better "feel good" moment than getting Kabal Lackey and Counterspell in the opening hand when going first against a quest deck.

Deleted
    Won a game with a warrior deck where 26 of the cards in the deck have no text at all just stats.

Getting REALLY tired of all the quest rogues. Just played my secret mage against this ass who started BMing from the very beginning for the game. By turn 5 he has his board full and crystal core in hand. Next turn I play kabal lackey, counterspell, and frostbolt to face. He plays crystal core, gets counterspelled, ,conceded. Made me feel so freaking good.

Playing against quest rogue, I'm playing control paladin. He finishes his quest on turn 5. By that time I had drawn both of my Stonehill Defenders, both of which I discovered an additional Sunkeeper Tarim. So I had 3 Sunkeepers in had by turn 5. Needless to say it didn't turn out well to him.
    and then he cupped my balls...

15+ Year Old Account
    Played around with my Wild Renounce deck, Renounced into Mage vs Dragon Priest. Got Tony and Rhonin, but really... what good is that vs Dragon Priest in Wild, with Entomb and SWD?

Then he SWD'd a Blastmage I played naked. Good news for me! Slapped down Rhonin. He Entombed it, of course.

Fast forward two turns, and I have stabilised with a damaged Water Ele on board and Mana Bind up. He drops Ysera and PWS's her. Power turn time!

I drop a 6-mana Tony, a 2-mana Poly Boar on Ysera, 2-mana Spellbender and 0-mana PWS on the Ele to trade the 4/2.

Now this guy is smart. He wants to test the secret I just played. He's got a full hand, so plenty of options. After a minute, he tosses out a Soulfire onto my Ele that he got from a Courier. Spellbender pops and eats it...

... and from a hand of 8 other cards, it tosses his second SWD.

To rub a ton of salt into this wound, I then threw a second Rhonin.

And then a second Tony.

Fuck I love Renounce.
    Last edited by Nikkaszal; 2017-05-10 at 10:16 AM.

Yesterday i tried some wild games....and omg its so cool. Until now i was frustrated in standard, but since yesterday i had so many good games.

There is many new possibilities to make the quests work (in standard all decks are the same). As an example i played some games with my tempo quest mage that has no freeze mechanics, felt so refreshing. Also met basicly every class and not just 8 rogues and 5 warrioris.

Maybe it changes when i climb the ranks, since i did only 25-17 so far. Still, didnt have so much fun in HS since after a few days in the new expansion when the new cards settled in and only 4-5 frontpage hearthpwn decks were around

Story time.

I'm playing HS on desktop for the lols. I'm doing stuff with laptop on lap and also doing some work on second screen of desktop, so I'm just queueing for games for the lols.

>Meet quest Rogue.
    >My mood is pretty jovial.
    >Think about the Quest Rogue thread.
    >Think of Pantalamioetc. and the other people who keep saying QR is balanced.
    >Think of some people who said Taunt Warrior counters quest rogue.
    >Decide to take the screenshot and try not to dick around this game.
    >I'm not fucking losing this game. Heart of the cards, guide me.

>Get lucky. He takes until turn 5 to complete his quest.
    >Doesn't activate it til turn 6.
    >It's still fucking hard and I think I'm doing well to keep him at bay, but this guy keeps filling up his board and making comebacks and shit. There's literally never a "I stabilized and can handle what's next" moment, even when his hand size is less than three cards.
    >What the fuck is this shit. I had a miracle where my 7 mana 5/11 didn't get sapped, he actually traded into it, and I still fucking end up majorly behind.

>Not only do we topdeck Brawl, but that fucking card that would have given him the two 1 mana 1/2s wins the Brawl, so he doesn't get the cards. I breathe a sigh of relief.

>It was actually a fucking struggle. If sap wasn't in his bottom 8 cards, we'd have lost. But RNJesus had our back for fucking once.

Which lead to "Smart moves, time to go harass someone else."

We defeated the quest rogue. The victory itself isn't what I appreciate, what I really like is the fact that I thought of you guys on this forum who cry that rogues aren't OP, and I used you guys as motivation for this single game that I wanted to win. I really don't care about winning or losing (well I care about losing one sidedly), but winning when you want to win is fun. It was like...a spontaneous challenge that we mentally gave ourselves for the lols, and we succeeded.

Just did a really bizzare play to seal a win at 1 hp.

My homebrew Highlander Mage deck (2xC'thun/Reno/Kazakus/Deathwing conglomerate) vs Wild Pirate Warrior

I had perfect answers every turn and somehow was still alive by turn 8, albeit with 1 measly health. Turn 9 rolls around and and I've got a 4/6 Emperor Vek'nilash, 5/5 Mukla, and 2/1 Disciple of C'thun on board threatening lethal (He had to attack quite a few cantrips along the way to retain board presence, so his hp was low too). He had two bananas and one card of his own. My hand has no healing (C'thun, Meteor, Deathwing, Medivh, Polymorph, Twilight Elder, Mad Scientist).

I had one possible out. A long shot, but worth going for. Play the out you've got when all else fails. So I dropped down the mad Scientist, Meteor'd it, and pulled out a Counterspell from my deck.

His turn. Draw. He emote's, "Heh, greetings." He plays his card, but my Counterspell activates! He tried to use an Upgrade. Then he drops down a Leeroy, banana's him up, and plows through my one taunt keeping me alive. He's sitting there, no cards, no way to kill me, while I "Hello." at 1 hp. All he needed was that Upgrade to go through to win. Justice!

In the same line of thinking about you guys on the forum, and since Standard is boring and I've had the same decks forever and won't craft new ones, as Twoddle advised I decided to do some arena yesterday. First time I Arena'ed since legit November.

First run I was given...Hunter, Priest, or I think Druid? I don't remember the last one. I chose Hunter.

I literally got 5 epic and 1 legendary pick that draft, and the deck was garbage. I had literally four of those 5 mana 8/8 "deal 3 damage to your face every time this minion takes damage" hydras.

The 0-3 police were after me. (I heard that term on Thijs's stream. I like it.) I went 0-2. Then I won 2. Then lost. Went 0-3.

Decided to do another run. Got a Paladin.

I personally consider the deck to be a'ight but not good. In the past I thought I had wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better decks that ended up not performing to expectations.

Went 11-2. Final boss was a Golden Warlock. Literally Zoo. He overpowered me before I stabilized. Ended up 11-3.

This is in the feel good thread because it was a petty fun experience. I should play Arena more. Thanks to @Twoddle always posting about arena, which ended up inspiring me to play it myself.

Da fak just happen? i have a quest to play 30 battlecry cards, no problem i said to myself, make a fast 1-2 drop cards with battlecry and finish the quest fast, I just beat the same face warrior 2 times in a row, da fak

hahaha my last game was against a quest rogue http://imgur.com/a/VW3Z9 , http://imgur.com/a/aFnlg wow)

Got and epic/legendary/rare from the pack i used the gold, so much justice
    Last edited by kaelix1; 2017-05-13 at 11:13 PM.

Guys, entropy and thermodynamics are wrong. The universe tries to balance itself all the time.

>Have some time today to play while watching basketball and prepping for some work.
    >Decide to do Arena.

Run 1:
    >Get offered Hunter, Warrior, Druid.
    >Have bad experience with Hunter from the other day.
    >Choose Druid.
    >Go 1-3.

No need to say more, it was an embarrassment. To be fair, two of the decks I played against were good. My deck was fucking garbage as usual.

Run 2:
    >Decide to queue again.
    >Get offered Mage, Priest, Druid.
    >Was considering Priest.
    >@icedwarrior tells me to pick Mage.
    >I pick Mage.

First choice:

Twelfth choice:

Twentyfirst choice:

RNJesus saw that we were disadvantaged in the first run and decided to hook us up this time.

I went 1-0 so far, but Steam wasn't launched with HS, so I decided to stop for now. I have a lot of work to do anyway so I'll finish the run l8er.

my best turn 3 play in arena
    http://imgur.com/a/xntVR
    " In a Society like this table, a state of equilibrium, once one makes the first move, everyone must follow! In every era, this World has been operating by this napkin principle. And the one who ‘takes the napkin first’ must be someone who is respected by all. It’s not that anyone can fulfill this role… Those that are despotic or unworthy will be scorned. And those are the ‘losers"

15+ Year Old Account
    Pulled off the world's biggest Hail Mary as Exodia vs Exodia

He got his quest completed very early, and I was getting shafted. He played his full combo and knocked me down to 1 before popping my Block; I hadn't even finished the quest yet, and didn't have all my combo in hand

So with nothing else to do I said fuck it - Apprentice, 1mana Reflec (from Glyph) on it to finish the quest. Reflec twice more, Timewarp, end

Draw AI, AI draws my Tony and second Tome. Use Tome to start the Fireball combo - it gives me another AI. AI gives me my second Ice Block. Drop him to 1, pop his Block, put my own up.

He puts his second Block up and pops mine.

Next turn topdeck my second Glyph, which gives me a third Ice Block.

He does not have a third Ice Block =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Sunkeeper Tarim in the 60th pack, get in there!

Should be doing work (so badly) but decided to play HS and watch basketball instead.

New Arena run. I actually drafted the deck on my phone and recorded it in a speed run challenge. Went on desktop to play it though since I like deck tracker since I wouldn't know wtf cards I have if I didn't do it.

*beyond transcendance*

I'm an avid believer of "it's not strong individual cards that ruin games, it's synergies." There are only like 5 cards in this game that are powerful on their own, anyway.

You always think, when you play Arena, "oh the first win is always the hardest because you could be facing a 12-0 deck and MMR doesn't know yet."

Guess what. Our deck has ridiculous synergy and we're the 12-0 deck. You know like realllllllllllllllllllllllllly rich people who could get ill, but are so rich and powerful they could just buy people on the black market and other shady shit like that? That's how powerful we are.

Deleted
    Tavern brawl played as Kt against a rafaam that fully upgraded staff on turn 3 and still won LOL

I really love when bm backfires. I'm playing hunter against a secret mage. The guy is roping almost every turn. Finally I'm at 1 health and he's at 2 and plays a secret. He starts emoting well played and thank you. I play Tracking and select flare. I let the rope appear and emote my own thank you and play flare which destroys his ice block and hero power him for lethal. Boy that felt good.