Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychohamster View Post
    First arena in a long long long long time went 12-1 with priest. The deck was pretty broken.
    Gratz on 12 wins, Priest does indeed feel a lot more powerful. I also drafted a Priest in arena yesterday with a decent deck, unfortunately in the games I lost I either met even more broken decks or mulliganed into my late game. Problem with having no tempo in the early game is that you usually end up having to throw out minions that die easily or let him build up a board and/or put your hopes into drawing AoE and making a come back. Ended with 6 wins in that run.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Gratz on 12 wins, Priest does indeed feel a lot more powerful. I also drafted a Priest in arena yesterday with a decent deck, unfortunately in the games I lost I either met even more broken decks or mulliganed into my late game. Problem with having no tempo in the early game is that you usually end up having to throw out minions that die easily or let him build up a board and/or put your hopes into drawing AoE and making a come back. Ended with 6 wins in that run.
    Thanks

Yeah Priest seems really strong now. Warlock is also stronger now I feel, I lost one game to a warlock. So much AoE haha, but also because I buffed the wrong minion.

Arena seems to have changed a lot. I wonder what is the strongest class now. Stopped playing awhile back because it was kind of pointless with how they changed the rewards. Or at least it's seems like 7-10 wins you still get crap dupe basic cards instead of gold. Since I had most of the expansion card at that time it felt like grinding for 40-60 dust.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cobbled together an updated version of Mill Rogue with Daring Reporters and Counterfeit Coins. First game I come up against a Renolock

First couple of turns he did exactly what he was meant to - tapped to build his hand. So I just sat and waited until turn 4 then boom came the mill train

Over the next few turns I burned his Reno, his Mountain Giant, his Sylv, his Thaurissan, his Leeroy, his Jaraxxus and his Siphon.

Poor bastard got the worst luck.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Cobbled together an updated version of Mill Rogue with Daring Reporters and Counterfeit Coins. First game I come up against a Renolock

First couple of turns he did exactly what he was meant to - tapped to build his hand. So I just sat and waited until turn 4 then boom came the mill train

Over the next few turns I burned his Reno, his Mountain Giant, his Sylv, his Thaurissan, his Leeroy, his Jaraxxus and his Siphon.

Poor bastard got the worst luck.
    Literally burned the basics of his deck. Good job.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've put together a priest stealing deck I've been wanting to assemble for some time. Surprisingly, it works. It only loses to C'thun decks that have all the luck, a rogue archetype I can't be bothered to remember, and Renolock sometimes.

The deck includes:
    -No minions costing 3 or less. Minions are supplied by the opponent himself with Potion of Madness, or covered by Shadow Word: Death.
    -The most annoying four drops: Priest of the feast, Shifting Shade. They can come out on turn 3 with coin, and Resurrect ensures they will stick even longer.
    -Keep stealing their stuff occasionally while going for heavy removal. Entomb, Shadow Words, Mind Control, you name it. I never run out of options to handle both a Drakonid Operative and Ragnaros, provided I managed to keep myself protected enough from enemy attacks. Here comes the fun part: you gotta defend yourself with the enemy stolen cards, and it surprisingly works most of the times.
    -Win. The enemy soon realizes he isn't facing a generic uber deck, and won't know what you will pull out next.

Playing a meta crusher buff paladin deck. Dumb brainless pirate warrior ignoring my minions as usual and I have 3 4/4 minion on board. I play argus next turn and he concedes. Made me very happy for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by patseguin View Post
    Playing a meta crusher buff paladin deck. Dumb brainless pirate warrior ignoring my minions as usual and I have 3 4/4 minion on board. I play argus next turn and he concedes. Made me very happy for some reason.
    Yeah it is funny. Seems the aggro decks of today are more brainless than the ones of yesterday. At least Deathrattle Undertaker Hunter knew that they had to include anti taunt tech (owls) for Belchers. Nowadays aggro doesn't know what to do, "What is this 'taunt' thing? It prevents my face from going face."

Well, Their isn't a good silence available at the moment. Owl was good but way to OP so that fixed that correctly. But, its still face face face! And hope you draw a taunt before it's to late.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not that there isn't a good silence, it's just that outside Dragon Priest there are fuck-all taunts that an aggro decks need to silence

They used to run Owls JUST for Sludge Belcher because (a) it was so good that everyone and their dog was running it and (b) it was a major cockblock for aggro because of its deathrattle, causing a major stall.

Now we don't have anything near that level of taunt goodness in the meta. Aggro decks just don't give enough of a shit to waste a deckslot on silence, because they just punch through and move on.

Deleted
    Was kind of surprise I went 11-3 with a not over the top shaman deck. Finally got I my first Gadgetzan Legendary and it's one of my top wanted Legends Kazakus!!!

My Reno lock deck is complete or every Reno deck I guess .

10+ Year Old Account
    Felt crap going 0-3 in arena the other day but made up for it today going 12-1 with Priest!

Rewards: 255 gold, Golden Devolve, TGT pack, OG pack.

15+ Year Old Account
    More Mill Rogue hilarity:

I was against a mage, played Dirty Rat on turn 3. I had both backstab and coin-Evis in hand with weapon equipped, so I was confident that I could pick off ANYTHING that Rat pulled

He pulled Kazakus! Glorious. Backstab and swing.

He then plays Doomsayer. I think for a bit, then Shadowstep the Rat and play him again, so his Doomsayer will kill whatever is pulled

It was his Reno XD

Was playing my almost 30 legendary druid deck in wild (have 2 innervates & a wild growth so I don't automatically lose to everything) & faced off against this rogue. In the late game he has a ton of cards, stole 2 of those 5 mana druid draw 2 cards and used his own Sprint for 4 more cards. Had a 6/3 on board and was setting up for some massive wombo combo to kill me next turn. He still has 14 health & just vanished my Dr. 7.

My turn, drop him back on the board with 2 boombots, drop the other boom bots that got returned to hand, innervate, and suicide my bots & his minion with a Ysera dream card I had. The five damage he took, plus the four boombots gave me perfect lethal to take the game.

Had too many fun games like this!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Felt crap going 0-3 in arena the other day but made up for it today going 12-1 with Priest!

Rewards: 255 gold, Golden Devolve, TGT pack, OG pack.
    Congratz, really well done considering that deck isn't really over the top.

I keep run into so many ridiculous at 5 wins already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychohamster View Post
    Congratz, really well done considering that deck isn't really over the top.

I keep run into so many ridiculous at 5 wins already.
    It's funny most of my opponents seemed to go on tilt at some stage, Priest seems to have that effect on people. Having your minions entombed, potioned and destroyed by Auchenai healing combos isn't fun.

There was one point I had a Greater Healing Potion in hand and planned on using it to nuke with Auchenai then froze when I read the wording, "Restore 12 health to a friendly character.". Luckily my opponent was in tilt mode and didn't put up much resistance anyway.

Lol playing at rank 15 in wild & going against a N'Zoth Priest. Well into the game I get a dirty rat from my Shredder, and light bulbs go off in my head. I play the 1 mana spell to return a minion to my hand (from the Mantid legendary from my deathrattle discover spell). Play the rat, just a shredder. Play the second return minion spell (from raptoring the Mantid earlier), and play the rat again. This time I snag N'Zoth lol. Fast forward a handful of turns near fatigue, I had just dropped my own N'Zoth & shadowstepped him. Priest drops an abom to which I respond with sap & having all of my minions go face, finishing him with a Mind Blast I stole with Huckster for perfect lethal.

It was a glorious game & I bet the priest was a mad bro. Perfect rng with everything & stole about as much from him as he did from me in order to finish him with his own cards. Even managed to sac my own Syl to steal his Paletress earlier in the game.

Who is the more annoying control matchup now priest?

Deleted
    Went 12-0 today with kind of silly warlock deck.
    Abyssal Enforcer is such a dumb card in arena got offered 6 of them took 5.

Reward pack gave me my 2nd Gadgetzan legend, Inkmaster Solia. Interesting card but I don't think I have seen it used much.

Deck
    http://i.imgur.com/P0lv4UJ.jpg

Pack
    http://i.imgur.com/id1XAtl.jpg

Playing an annoying buff paladin with perfect draws yesterday. He has a board full of minions and lethal next turn. I have enough on board to do some damage and ragnaros in hand. I go yolo and hit his face to bring him to 8 health. I hit end turn and ragnaros winds up...hit face for lethal. I laughed out loud and added him so I could tell him my win was bullshit.

Lol beat a C'Thun Warrior in wild just now as Deathlord Freeze Mage.

Dude had over 35 armor, not counting everything from fatigue turns, and I don't use Alex, Pyro, Fireball, Frostbolt, or Ice Lance. Just 2 torches.

Turns out a bunch of armor won't save you from having 4 deathlords pull out a bunch of your minions so you fatigue much sooner, and it didn't help he had a poly'ed C'Thun. Just kept smacking his face with my healbot & pings.

Just got told to kill myself by a dragon priest I beat in casual wild due to being a "pay to win f*$%@$" for using my 27 legendary druid deck lol. Only problem buddy is the deck loses to every serious deck that isn't priest & sometimes warrior, and if you actually played the game often enough to get your quests done you would have plenty of legendaries from packs & adventures to make the same deck xD.