Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusyn View Post
    Do you guys ever come to some threads for the entertainment value you know will be present?
    Yes, almost every thread I visit.

On topic, it's been said on this very page but I'll say it again. "White Pride" is a racist slogan of racial white supremacist groups. I have white pride, but I don't have "White Pride," if you see what I mean.
    So when you look up "White Pride," of coarse the racist slogan is going to come up. Look up black power instead of black pride and you'll get the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post

On topic, it's been said on this very page but I'll say it again. "White Pride" is a racist slogan of racial white supremacist groups. I have white pride, but I don't have "White Pride," if you see what I mean.
    So when you look up "White Pride," of coarse the racist slogan is going to come up. Look up black power instead of black pride and you'll get the point.
    is it a coincidence that we dont have any way to express white pride(lowercase) without sounding racist? While its perfectly acceptable to have black pride or Asian pride, any way to have white pride has been stigmatized. White people (European decent) have plenty to be proud of, but from what i hear even in Europe they cannot say that they have pride in their ancestry because at some point their people oppressed some other peoples, Well what group of people in history hasn't engaged in a little war/genocide/slavery. White people just get shit on because we were the best at it, until in the last 100-200 years when the world evolved as a whole to see what was wrong with war/genocide/slavery.
    Last edited by provaporous; 2016-02-16 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post

I think that's exactly the discussion point of the thread, originally.

Someone white claims to have "White Pride"; as even you claimed; and they are more likely to be labelled a Racist than a black person saying they have "Black Pride".

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Well, duuh.
    And someone who yells "Sieg Heil" is more likely to be labelled a Nazi than someone that yells "Victory!"
    Sooo... you are saying that:
    White person saying "White pride" = racist.
    Black person saying "Black Pride" = not-racist
    Am I correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Yup, that is correct.

But your bait failed.
    "White Pride" is a Stormfront slogan.
    "Black Pride" is a movement.
    Well, good on you for keeping double-standards alive then.

Keep fighting the good fight!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Well, good on you for keeping double-standards alive then.

Keep fighting the good fight!
    It is a double standard, you're right. Now that we've accepted that, why don't you tab out and educate yourself on the context surrounding the "pride" movements. Let history tell you why Google algorithms (math) and wikipedia (history) correlate "white pride" with racism. That's how it's been used.

EDIT: Also, please stop throwing around the term racism especially if you don't know what it means.

Simple Definitions:

poor treatment of or violence against people because of their race;
    the belief that some races of people are better than others
    Full def:

a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race; racial prejudice or discrimination
    sauce: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/racism

The VAST majority of posts in here are siting racism, but that's not what's going on here. Just because there's a racial implication, doesn't mean it's racism.
    Last edited by Styxz; 2016-02-16 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Styxz View Post
    It is a double standard, you're right. Now that we've accepted that, why don't you tab out and educate yourself on the context surrounding the "pride" movements. Let history tell you why Google algorithms (math) and wikipedia (history) correlate "white pride" with racism. That's how it's been used.
    The fact that it's used in X situation, doesn't make it only usable for that situation alone.

Or are you claiming that a poster, a couple posts above, who said "I have white pride, but I don't have "White Pride," if you see what I mean." is a White supremacist?
    I reckon not.

What he, you, or I classify as pride has little bearing on the historic record.