Coming back to Diablo 3

Hi everyone,

So I finally made a move and bought reaper of souls on PS4. Last time I have played was on PC as wizard. So now that I am coming back, I have a quick question: which class is the easiest to solo with? I'm talking survivability in higher difficulties solo.

Also any thoughts in PS4 version on Diablo 3, I'm hoping graphics will be on par with PC!!!

Thanks for help!!

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's survivability you want, it's Thorn-sader you need. You can ask DjRiff, my sader is tanky as fuck (damage is kinda weak atm, but that always changes with gear). WD is also sneaky-tanky. Spirit walk is just about the best survival skill in the game.

Honestly though, if you're going solo, bombard Crusader or DMO wizard is the way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    If it's survivability you want, it's Thorn-sader you need. You can ask DjRiff, my sader is tanky as fuck (damage is kinda weak atm, but that always changes with gear). WD is also sneaky-tanky. Spirit walk is just about the best survival skill in the game.

Honestly though, if you're going solo, bombard Crusader or DMO wizard is the way to go.
    Good to know, I want to try crusader anyways because it's the new class. But I read the 2.4 notes and it looks like a lot of buffs to demon hunter, or is the crusader still best for survivability?

Thanks for help again!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by warrdaddy View Post
    Good to know, I want to try crusader anyways because it's the new class. But I read the 2.4 notes and it looks like a lot of buffs to demon hunter, or is the crusader still best for survivability?

Thanks for help again!
    When I get all my buffs rolling, I can hit 600m toughness. In groups the highest I've hit was 937m
    If I even come close to 150m on my DH I'm happy

EDIT: Then again, my damage is shit when I'm that tanky Profile
    Last edited by WskyDK; 2016-02-15 at 04:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The classes all fairly well rounded as far as survivability goes I'd say, with maybe the only exception being demon hunters, who rely more on kiting. Just play what you find the most fun, they're all doing reasonably well solo.

At super high GRs, it doesn't matter what your toughness is. Mobs will 1 shot you regardless. At that point, it's all about CCing, killing as many little white mobs as possible and moving on, ignoring blues and yellows.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogums View Post
    At super high GRs, it doesn't matter what your toughness is. Mobs will 1 shot you regardless. At that point, it's all about CCing, killing as many little white mobs as possible and moving on, ignoring blues and yellows.
    That was in season 4, in season 5 now, blues/yellows are worth 6-8% of your Grift progression, so you can spend close to a minute on an elite pack and still come out ahead, so unless its an absolutely terrible combo for your survival, you should always kill elite packs.

Also, there was a significant toughness boost, AND CC reduction in season 5. You can only CC mobs for about 10 seconds before they become immune to further CCs for another 10 seconds, and you have the toughness to survive not just a single hit, but a few hits - For instance, all of the GR100+ wizards have close to 3k all-res, lvl 100 estoric alteration, Halo of Arlyse (60% less damage from melee attacks), and Crystalize from armor (60% more armor), so they have a SHITton of defense. While they DO have some CC, its 100% to proc increased damage on those targets (Barbs use a skill that procs strongarms, and WDs use the increased damage taken on mass confusion/hex abilities). If the only way to proc that increased damage was a non-CC skill, they would all utilize those skills and you would see NO CC on em. So, yea. Season 5, get with the times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    That was in season 4, in season 5 now, blues/yellows are worth 6-8% of your Grift progression, so you can spend close to a minute on an elite pack and still come out ahead, so unless its an absolutely terrible combo for your survival, you should always kill elite packs.

Also, there was a significant toughness boost, AND CC reduction in season 5. You can only CC mobs for about 10 seconds before they become immune to further CCs for another 10 seconds, and you have the toughness to survive not just a single hit, but a few hits - For instance, all of the GR100+ wizards have close to 3k all-res, lvl 100 estoric alteration, Halo of Arlyse (60% less damage from melee attacks), and Crystalize from armor (60% more armor), so they have a SHITton of defense. While they DO have some CC, its 100% to proc increased damage on those targets (Barbs use a skill that procs strongarms, and WDs use the increased damage taken on mass confusion/hex abilities). If the only way to proc that increased damage was a non-CC skill, they would all utilize those skills and you would see NO CC on em. So, yea. Season 5, get with the times.
    So... What is your class suggestion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by warrdaddy View Post
    So... What is your class suggestion?
    Crusader is strongest for soloing, and very easy to gear up/play, so I suggest Crusader. In addition, I would suggest playing on the PC rather then the consoles, because cheaters can make the game a bit boring (You play with a random cheater with a lvl 10000 gem of ease and hit that paragon cap, and you basically have to solo GR 100+ to find any challenge, and the main thing is that you can't rollback your character).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    (You play with a random cheater with a lvl 10000 gem of ease and hit that paragon cap, and you basically have to solo GR 100+ to find any challenge, and the main thing is that you can't rollback your character).
    It should be noted that this is super common, and there's no protection from it sans playing alone or with people you know and trust.

Just as a note in case you didn't already buy it: The graphics are almost identical. If you're playing on a TV, you won't notice a difference. And honestly, the blacks might even be nicer. If you choose to go with PS4, the graphics won't be an issue (though MAYBE a bit of frame dropping with dense pulls).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfqQN3AuzVY

(But don't bother reading the flamewar comments)

i7 4690K/4.7GHz | GTX 960 SSC (x2 SLI) | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws | Gigabyte Z97X SLI | Corsair CX600W | Corsair Air 540 Silver | Corsair H110i Cooler
    XL2430T @ 144Hz | Corsair K70 RGB Brown | Logitech G400S/800DPI+1.2 sens+Raw Input | QcK+

I've got a crazy question. When the game came out I played through to the end. It was fun and I enjoyed it. I had no interest in trying a harder difficulty level of the same content. Is there anything new added to the game to play through since launch? I still have no interest in replaying the same content over again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lery View Post
    I've got a crazy question. When the game came out I played through to the end. It was fun and I enjoyed it. I had no interest in trying a harder difficulty level of the same content. Is there anything new added to the game to play through since launch? I still have no interest in replaying the same content over again.
    Theres a few new zones with a mini-story behind them, and you can now collect legendary powers. Other then that, not much in terms of do once/done content.

Oh, and there are Set Dungeons, all of which are done once, and you can get cosmetic rewards for completing them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lery View Post
    I had the same thing happen to me when I first bought D3. I didn't understand that D3 was a repetition game and I was really frustrated when I bought a bunch of gear off the AH, smoked the game in an hour or two and found out there was no more content. I was like "Well, goodbye $60 for a couple of hours".

I came back after RoS and figured out how the game was really played (same content over and over at increasingly difficult levels) and started to enjoy it ONLY after they dropped the AH and added Adventure Mode, which is the greatest part of the game. You don't have to play the same linear questline over and over, but rather you can visit essentially any part of the game at any time and complete bounties (quests) for additional gear, recipes, gold and blood shards and run rifts (random level dungeon runs with a reward at the end) without so much as stepping into the normal campaign mode. So that lends a LOT of replay value.

I'm just really glad they did away with the RMAH early on. The repetition of this game is the nature of the Diablo series, hopefully another xpack before the next year comes, but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post

Can confirm that toughness is crazy. If you want to speed farm normal t10 rifts though, get a maxed out boon of the hoarder and equip Goldwrap. I'll have upwards of 40b+ toughness and nothing can even touch me.