Poll: ?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Never played a game more than COD:4 MW. If its the best? I dont really know, but damn i played it quite a bit. Saying Modern warfare 2, is even a comparable alternative is a sham in itself. To hell with you OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that Counterstrike is missing from this poll is disturbing to me, you have some research to do.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMan View Post
    TimeSplitters 2 of course.
    Quoted for truth
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Fear and it's expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quake 2 due the amount of time I played and how involved I was with a quake2.com map review site that got me into a lot of high profile mIRC chats back in the day.

for me it would be alien vs predator 2 for PC the old one, not the new one

Probably Halo 2.
    Revolutionized the genre in good and bad ways, brought about the end of healthpacks in AAA shooters.

7+ Year Old Account
    Half-Life 2. Completely revolutionary for its year of release in terms of graphics, gunplay and storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    Half-Life 2. Completely revolutionary for its year of release in terms of graphics, gunplay and storytelling.
    Graphics-wise it was either the best or on par with the best in 2004, gunplay there were better handling shooters in the same year. Storytelling for a shooter it was probably the best of 2004 but it didn't do anything revolutionary, it just did the same thing as Half-Life again with the scripted events you could move around during instead of cutscenes.
    Half-Life was more revolutionary and tbh a better game than HL2, as much as I love both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Goldeneye 64 is and always will be the best FPS ever. That and this list is complete dogshit no Battlefield 3, no CS, I mean ffs Half life 2 isn't on any major list's top 25 let alone top five. Redo your shitty list.

Doom; all other FPS games owe their existence to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Recently, I really enjoyed Wolfenstein: the New Order... Of all time? Probably Goldeneye... so many good memories of playing multiplayer with that game...

For single-player, Half Life 2 all the way (especially if you include Ep. 1 and 2), that game was incredible. If you add Half Life 1 then you have one the best SP series of all time, much less FPS.

For multi-player, it's a tie between the Counterstrike series and Quake 3, both are amazing competitive games with a high skill ceiling, CS might win simply for still being active today but it's a huge shame that arena FPS like Quake has basically died out (with the exception of a few indie games, here's to hoping the new Doom will bring some of that back).

10+ Year Old Account
    Goldeneye, Unreal Tournament for me.

Goldeneye helped sell millions of N64's, hell I got mine because of it after I rented it from Blockbuster for the weekend, the story mode was fun and infuriatingly hard on some levels and getting the cheats unlocked was super fun/annoying. Getting 1-3 friends round to play multiplayer was a blast too, ahhhh good times.

UT was the first game I got on the PC that was solely for online play, sure I played with bots but the majority of my time was spent online gibbing and getting fragged in return. The weapons were incredible, the AI was challenging and there were a fuckton of maps available. And yes I still have my copy of this AND Quake 3 Arena on CD, I just preferred UT and still do.

Also not voting on such a crap and limited poll when LOTS of great games are missing from it.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Goldeneye 64 is and always will be the best FPS ever. That and this list is complete dogshit no Battlefield 3, no CS, I mean ffs Half life 2 isn't on any major list's top 25 let alone top five. Redo your shitty list.
    OP's list is shit but it isn't like yours is any better. BF3 isn't even close to the best Battlefield, and implying that HL1 or 2 aren't on anyones top 25 lists let alone top 5's is pretty contrarian and frankly wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    OP's list is shit but it isn't like yours is any better. BF3 isn't even close to the best Battlefield, and implying that HL1 or 2 aren't on anyones top 25 lists let alone top 5's is pretty contrarian and frankly wrong.
    BF3 is the highest rated on most professional lists. I agree it's not my favorite I would say BC2 was better but none the less a BF game should be on any shooter list.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    It continues to have some of the best facial animations of all time. Only recently have games started to catch up, truly gorgeous work they did.

Half-life changed what FPS's could be.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    BF3 is the highest rated on most professional lists. I agree it's not my favorite I would say BC2 was better but none the less a BF game should be on any shooter list.
    Yeah a Battlefield game should be on the list of best shooters.
    If someone considers 3 the "best" battlefield you should disregard their list. 2142, 1942, Vietnam, 4, and BC2 are all better.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman2500 View Post
    Doom; all other FPS games owe their existence to it.
    And doom owes it's existence to wolfenstein 3D.