Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    You know, I change in a men's locker room regularly, and I"m a girl. I'm a hockey player, and I change with my team, and they're fine with me there, and no one makes a big deal about it. I have a good reason to be there too. We talk about the game beforehand, and how we're going to handle our lines, and we celebrate if we did well, or laugh about it if we did poorly.

This guy, on the other hand, seems to be doing it just to make a scene. I wouldn't mind a guy changing in a women's room for a good reason,. This guy just seems to be wanting to cause trouble.
    Just curious and totally off topic but is it full contact hockey? I remember watching the woman's olympic hockey not knowing there was no contact allowed and screaming "FINISH YOUR FUCKING CHECKS" at the Canadian team.

My only concern is children. I wouldn't want my 10 year old daughter looking at some guys junk at the ymca.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skaiz View Post
    Oh shit lol. My bad man. /s But seriously though. Having a law that can let any guy slip into a changing room that has women is asking for trouble. I'm sure for a majority of people in the western world who isn't a perverted sicko could live in a society with co-ed just about anything. But i think being realistic and looking out for the safety of others is far more important then identity feels. People abuse laws all the time. Why wouldn't a criminal abuse this one, and have some serious consequences
    You know that a huge number of laws and standing policy's are because of "feels." We created the god damned TSA completely out of fear. If we want to be completely rational about this, there is not real reason to have segregated bathooms at all. A lot of these perverted sickos get a good part of their thrill because they know they're doing something wrong. If there's nothing wrong about what they're doing, it gets a lot less fun. And besides that, when has "criminals are going to break the law" every been a good reason to not have a law? The same reasoning can be used to address anything from laws about theft of personal property, to assault, to good old fashioned murder. Criminals, by definition are not going to respect your rules.

At the end of the day, this just sounds like a jackass trying to make a point in the most juvenile way possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    That's a curiousity to me, too. Maybe this person said that because simply stating "I identify as a woman" wouldn't have appeased them.
    Well, the article states that he didn't identify. If taken at face value, then we don't know if that would have been satisfactory. It could be that he has a history with that staff, though. I mean, speculatively I lean toward the assumption that he was just being a shit-disturber. But objectively, I haven't the slightest clue. This is a terribly nebulous subject matter for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    My only concern is children. I wouldn't want my 10 year old daughter looking at some guys junk at the ymca.
    How intolerant of you. /sarcasm

10+ Year Old Account
    You're confused, that's a female penis.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

What where the women complaining about? This is what they wanted...

Speaking as a women im not entirely sure what they were expecting. When you base policy around feelings rather then logic things go to hell. Just look at Sweden

Lets face it there was only one group that this law was made for: M2F trans pre-gender reassignment who otherwise would have gotten the shit kicked out of them in some parts of the country.

It wasn't for those who have already gone under gender reassignment, which no one would have been none the wise anyhow. And I have never heard of F2M trans pre-gender reassignment being in danger still using the women restroom /changing room.

And don't hold up a picture of a dude in a cowboy complete with beard and say technically he should be using the woman's restroom because he was born a woman. That's BS, no one's gonna bat an eye if he uses the men's room.

Where the water really get muddy here is the trans community is very open, and I suppose quite rightly, to those who don't want to undergo gender reassignment. And as cruel as it might sound this ends up with people who really don't look like a woman, just a dude in a frock. This leaves it wide open to abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Just curious and totally off topic but is it full contact hockey? I remember watching the woman's olympic hockey not knowing there was no contact allowed and screaming "FINISH YOUR FUCKING CHECKS" at the Canadian team.
    Depends on which rink we're at. Some are 'non-contact' but are still somewhat contact. Others are full contact. I'm a good hip checker, and since I'm so short, I'm very good along the boards and in the corners. I'm also a pretty good pest.

Deleted
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Depends on which rink we're at. Some are 'non-contact' but are still somewhat contact. Others are full contact. I'm a good hip checker, and since I'm so short, I'm very good along the boards and in the corners. I'm also a pretty good pest.
    There's no good reason that women's hockey is non-contact. This is another one of my pet peeves. Those girls are hard ass competitors playing against people their own size and skill level.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Or maybe you could note that those actually identifying (actual term: presenting) as female / male are the ones this law is intended to cover, not those that yell "i identify as [gender]" while presenting as the other gender.

Given that his response wasn't "i identify as female", but rather "you can't stop me, it's the law!".. why don't you take a guess?
    But that still runs into problems.
    What is "presented as a gender" is culturally fabricated, and some people go counter to that.
    A female who identifies as a female could dress and act like a male.
    A male who identifies as a female could dress and act like a male.

The thing is, he's right in giving that message. He can pretty much just waltz in saying little more then "you can't stop me, it's the law!". Because this flimsy law could be used to what ever effects people want.

Some of us saw the writing on the wall.

I have no interest in convincing others of said writing. Now I sit back and see if and how bad it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Some of us saw the writing on the wall.

I have no interest in convincing others of said writing. Now I sit back and see if and how bad it gets.
    its gonna be one hell of a sled ride

This is a reminder that its a good time to get some popcorn before the show starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaiz View Post
    This guy is a legend ( if he was trying to prove a point). What a horribly dumb new law. dicks need to stay out of women bathrooms and changing rooms. Why risk the safety of many women and girls to protect some specific feels of the few
    Risk? Why is it a risk? Would the penis start raping?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Deleted
    I'm just waiting for the day when transsexuals get to fight in woman boxing and all that jazz. It's basically a dickless male punching women.

Quote Originally Posted by Anagram View Post
    I'm just waiting for the day when transsexuals get to fight in woman boxing and all that jazz. It's basically a dickless male punching women.
    So if they are gender fluid can they hold both the woman's belt and man's belt at the same time ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anagram View Post
    You are aware that male to female transsexuals who have undergone HRT actually have -lower- levels of testosterone in their systems on average than the typical cisgender woman, yes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by dbudd424 View Post
    So if they are gender fluid can they hold both the woman's belt and man's belt at the same time ?
    I kinda want to see this happen. Just to see the absolute confusion.