7+ Year Old Account

Legion Demon Minions

Hello everyone, I have a query for the beta testers out there with regards to the performance of our main demon minions.
    I read a while back that Blizzard would like to make certain demons a niche choice for each specialization. However, the Demonic Servitude talent will allow the Infernal and Doomguard to effectively replace the lesser minions.
    Right now as it is, the Doomguard is the only choice, since the Infernal does not push out equivalent damage. Even for AOE its only better if there are more than 10 targets or so. Also, if you require a tank pet the Voidwalker is always the best choice.
    Personally I love the look of the (new) Infernal and would like to use it all the time.
    So my question really is: with what has been tested out so far, does the Infernal match the damage output of the Doomguard (at least before execute phase)?

My guess is like you said... the Infernal will never do as much damage as the Doomguard, except maybe in cases of there being maaany targets.

It's a shame how weak he is. The ONE thing he could have had was some ability to tank with taunt, but he can't even compete with the Voidlord. When you have Demonic Servitude, and you need a tank for solo content, you're better off summoning the lowly Voidwalker. The Infernal will just die over and over again.
    Last edited by Bridius; 2016-02-19 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridius View Post
    My guess is like you said... the Infernal will never do as much damage as the Doomguard, except maybe in cases of there being maaany targets.

It's a shame how weak he is. The ONE thing he could have had was some ability to tank with taunt, but he can't even compete with the Voidlord. When you have Demonic Servitude, and you need a tank for solo content, you're better off summoning the lowly Voidwalker. The Infernal will just die over and over again.
    The infernal is perfectly serviceable as a tank pet, in fact exceeding the voidwalker on any fight involving multiple mobs. It's designed for open world questing and soloing, not for group and raid DPS.
    Last edited by warzerotwo; 2016-02-20 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by warzerotwo View Post
    The infernal is perfectly serviceable as a tank pet, in fact exceeding the voidwalker on any fight involving multiple mobs. It's designed for open world questing and soloing, not for group and raid DPS.
    The infernal is a terrible tank. Try soloing MoP raid bosses with it... it's incapable. Even just just questing regular level 100 content, like the elites in Tanaan. It dies over and over again. It CAN'T tank them.

The Voidlord won't die and will actually TANK and TAUNT for you. It makes no sense that Demonic Servitude forces you to summon a Voidlord as your tank. The infernal should be just as capable if not better, if that's even possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridius View Post
    The infernal is a terrible tank. Try soloing MoP raid bosses with it... it's incapable. Even just just questing regular level 100 content, like the elites in Tanaan. It dies over and over again. It CAN'T tank them.

The Voidlord won't die and will actually TANK and TAUNT for you. It makes no sense that Demonic Servitude forces you to summon a Voidlord as your tank. The infernal should be just as capable if not better, if that's even possible.
    Don't know about old raid bosses but I've been all over Draenor and Tanaan relying on the infernal and he does just fine, elites and all.

Quote Originally Posted by warzerotwo View Post
    Don't know about old raid bosses but I've been all over Draenor and Tanaan relying on the infernal and he does just fine, elites and all.
    It should be fine, yeah. The infernal is only slightly less survivable than the voidwalker against the average single target, and is completely superior against multiple targets (similarly for abyssal versus voidlord). Both pets have identical taunt abilities.

7+ Year Old Account
    According to Bay from FinalBoss.tv, the Doomguard is default choice, with the Voidwalker as the leveling Demon if you lack damage/survivability, and the Infernal is not worth it except for the cooldown version on three or more enemies in a group.
    Signature and matching avatar made by the lovely Winter Blossom.
    Hellfire Citadel Progression: 13/13 LFR, 12/13 Normal, 7/13 Heroic, 0/13 Mythic

Quote Originally Posted by High-Chief Greathoof View Post
    According to Bay from FinalBoss.tv, the Doomguard is default choice, with the Voidwalker as the leveling Demon if you lack damage/survivability, and the Infernal is not worth it except for the cooldown version on three or more enemies in a group.
    Well.........not really.

Voidwalker is still broken and it doesn't AoE threat so you go Demonic Servitude w/ Infernal for leveling and in a real raid situation (so far) you still wouldn't take DServ because you are losing 1 Demon overall since you have no Doomguard CD to play with vs playing Service/Demonbolt (or Inquis fight permitted) where you have +1 Demons.

Also Infernal as a CD probably won't even be used on 3 targets, if current expectations remain to be true it will probably be more like 5 targets and they'd have to live for the full 20 second duration of the CD for it to be better.

Servitude Infernal does more dmg Single target than Doomguard currently... since Doomguard cant keep up with Demonic Empowerment haste levels without running out of energy and sputtering to half its dps potential. Pretty bad.

Infernal is a great questing/leveling tank, but since Voidwalker AoE tanks just as well, there is no reason to not keep infernal as a 3 min CD and have Inquisitor.

Hopefully once Empowerment is fixed to actually increase their health, they wont be so damn squishy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    Servitude Infernal does more dmg Single target than Doomguard currently... since Doomguard cant keep up with Demonic Empowerment haste levels without running out of energy and sputtering to half its dps potential. Pretty bad.

Infernal is a great questing/leveling tank, but since Voidwalker AoE tanks just as well, there is no reason to not keep infernal as a 3 min CD and have Inquisitor.

Hopefully once Empowerment is fixed to actually increase their health, they wont be so damn squishy.
    ahh now this is promising! I dont expect that the infernal will surpass the doomguard on live, but if it can be made viable as a dps pet option, i will be happy.
    As for tanking, the voidwalker/voidlord is the only option that makes sense. Besides holding threat, its command ability is an actual taunt AND it uses a spell that massively reduces damage while doing an aoe explosion AND it has a last stand type ability.
    Felguard can perform a bit as a burst tank with felstorm but it is still squishy, just like the infernal

10+ Year Old Account
    In the Demonology pre-beta discussion thread, Zinnin says Infernal should be best for 2+ targets, and Doomguard for single target. Whether there are bugs or other issues that make that not the case I don't know, but that's how it should be working in Legion.