Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    there's also a spectrum as anything else; some asexual people have a higher sex drive than normal, while some have none at all. Really depends on each person.
    How would having an above average sex drive make someone asexual? That's literally an oxymoron. Just curious Xd

Quote Originally Posted by azarak View Post
    How would having an above average sex drive make someone asexual? That's literally an oxymoron. Just curious Xd
    Er. i meant "normal" for asexuals. Bad wording.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If normal is no sex drive - than above normal would be some sex drive thus not asexual.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    If normal is no sex drive - than above normal would be some sex drive thus not asexual.
    You're cute when you misunderstand things. That stretchy face

Sex drive (the desire to seek sexual pleasure) and sexual attraction (the process by which you look at someone and feel like having sex with THAT PERSON) can be separate things.

As above, asexuality is a spectrum, as is sexuality on the whole. It cn be hard to pin down and define perfectly.

On an unrelated note:

I think one of the things that attracted me to WoW as opposed to other games (and the reason I've rarely gotten into more recent MMOs that have come out) is its simplified aesthetic that downplays sexuality.

Sure, some of the females in the game have seductive poses, and you can dress in skimpy transmog if you want, but Blade and Soul this ain't.

As the second dude in the family, I've always been somewhat less interested in reproduction/sex and more interested in other things. I think that there is some science behind it, in the sense that having subsequent boys in the womb might cause hormonal changes to happen to them during pregnancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaneesh View Post
    As the second dude in the family, I've always been somewhat less interested in reproduction/sex and more interested in other things. I think that there is some science behind it, in the sense that having subsequent boys in the womb might cause hormonal changes to happen to them during pregnancy.
    I believe it's more prevalent in females, though it being dependent on self-reporting skews it heavily toward women.

All depends on the person.

Some people feel no ATTRACTION (as in, you look at someone and would feel like 'yeah i'd tap it) but still enjoy sexual pleasure (either with themselves, another person, or both).

Some people aren't interested in anything.

Some people feel 0 attraction until they are very deeply involved/ in love with someone.

Asexuality is on a spectrum, just like "regular" sexuality. You can put a bunch of words on it, or try and fit yourself in a spot, but really - only people who should be concerned with it is yourself and a partner if you have one.

i just like to play fem orcs and gem undead cause they look cool

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure if I really can be called asexual, I just don't care about sex at all. I don't play WoW though, and I never really hide my disinterest in sex - although it rarely comes up, unless I'm having a naughty talk with someone.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Just adding up the numbers.

WoW players tend to be less social and more awkward.

The probability for sex is likely low.

Instead of just admitting they have trouble getting into meaningful relationship, its easier / cooler / to just say "Pssh I don't need sex."
    What does having a meaningful relationship have to do with the ability to get sex? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

there's also a spectrum as anything else; some asexual people have a higher sex drive than the average for asexuals, while some have none at all. Really depends on each person.
    And some are heteromantic, some are homoromantic, some are biromantic and some are aromantic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    i just like to play fem orcs and gem undead cause they look cool
    Same, but there's rarely mail armor transmogrification choice that suits an Undead hunter. I would so love to rp as an apothecary.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe it's more prevalent in females, though it being dependent on self-reporting skews it heavily toward women.
    and only around 1% of the whole word population.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Seriously I dont get it why people are so interested in fucking and such things. I really just don't get it. It pisses me off when people say that "lol u dun just get any, lolz" ... or those "you will want to have family one day!". Hell no. I value my freedom very far.

As far as I know, I'm probably asexual or very close to it. My only fear is that when I'm old, if I live that far, I'll regret that I didn't ever show any interest and I'll die alone. Landlord or someone similar will find my mummified corpse a few months later. :/

Well... I'm going to enjoy my life. I'm only curious as to how sex would feel, but it is so low in my priority list that will probably never get around to experience it.

The best part, though, I get to be a wizard! I'm 30... am I elder wizard already? Or do I have to wait decade or two more?!
    Do you have romantic tendencies?

This flew a bit under the radar, but discussion of sexuality or lack of is actually a forbidden topic, so unfortunately I'm gonna have to close this here.