Thread: Sam's Club

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chirri View Post
    I don't know about Sam's Club, but recently there's been a shift at our local CostCo where instead of a single massive container of product, you get 2-4 smaller containers all together. Keeps things fresh longer, easier to parcel out to others, and it's less overwhelming knowing that once it's opened you're sort of obligated to finish off ALL of it before it turns.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I prefer savory to sweet - unless it involves two or three very particular candies. Even then, I know I won't like them past the first two bites. But all of the chips and jerky and other savory stuff - also very abundant, bad for me, and I don't need that shit in bulk in my house. <_< I'll just make my damn hot sauce pasta bake at home, thanks.
    i used to down jolly ranchers like water.......until that fateful day they replaced lemon with BLUE RASPBERRY. i have not eaten a jolly rancher since.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I don't know about Sam's Club, but recently there's been a shift at our local CostCo where instead of a single massive container of product, you get 2-4 smaller containers all together. Keeps things fresh longer, easier to parcel out to others, and it's less overwhelming knowing that once it's opened you're sort of obligated to finish off ALL of it before it turns.
    Thing about Sam's Club is that it isnt directly markets to single family units for grocery shopping needs, per say. It is mostly for say small food vendors, concession stand operators, companies who are throwing bigger parties, etc... as well as those who like to stock up on bulk materials (ass wipe, paper towels, cleaning materials). But there is a niche market for those who like to shop once or twice a year and then can or freeze all their food stuffs.
    No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    we don't sell creole seasoning round these parts. just cajun seasoning.
    I have a solution for you.

https://www.tonychachere.com/

Ships to all 50 states. I believe they will also ship overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Bland shortens lifespans something serious, apparently.
    If all you're eating is tasteless junk, is life really worth living?

you guys have gumbo right?
    Yes, of course.

We invented it.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, Costco, go in and buy all my groceries for the month at once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    I have a solution for you.

https://www.tonychachere.com/

Ships to all 50 states. I believe they will also ship overseas.

If all you're eating is tasteless junk, is life really worth living?

Yes, of course.

We invented it.
    what does alligator taste like? our store has some for sale but it's 12.99 for a 8oz bag. i'm weary to buy it if i won't eat it.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

10+ Year Old Account
    what does alligator taste like?
    Kind of like chicken.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of like chicken.
    white chicken or dark chicken?

I work there. Employees get the basic membership for free, and I've got the upgraded one - I buy the big-ass boxes of coffee and other essentials (I'm a poor college kid, you do the math) enough that the rest of my membership pays for itself (and then some over).

Pretty much everything I need, I'm able to get. We had a sale on rib-eye steaks (they were going out of date), so I bought 3 packages for the same price I'd pay for a single one normally. I'm now set on steak for the next two weeks, plus whatever else I decide to make.

It's really convenient, at least for me. I'm there already anyways, so being able to buy that stuff in bulk makes my life even easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow the Edgehog View Post
    I work there. Employees get the basic membership for free, and I've got the upgraded one - I buy the big-ass boxes of coffee and other essentials (I'm a poor college kid, you do the math) enough that the rest of my membership pays for itself (and then some over).

Pretty much everything I need, I'm able to get. We had a sale on rib-eye steaks (they were going out of date), so I bought 3 packages for the same price I'd pay for a single one normally. I'm now set on steak for the next two weeks, plus whatever else I decide to make.

It's really convenient, at least for me. I'm there already anyways, so being able to buy that stuff in bulk makes my life even easier.
    oh rib eye steaks....our sam's club doesn't carry those. just sirloin porkchops hamburger and other cheaper meats which i hate with a passion.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Sam's Club = Wal-Mart with an entry fee.
    Not even close. Theya re connected but the larger buys in same club blow walmart away.

I can get 4 pounds of chicken breasts for the same price walmart sells 2
    I can get 2 pork tenderloins for the price of one at walmart. Same for whole chickens.
    Pop tarts, little hugs, RAZOR BLADES.

Bulk doesnt mean a years worth in a dam crate. A lot of what I see double or triple a normal purchase size for a rather large discount

10+ Year Old Account
    white chicken or dark chicken?
    Uh, chicken tastes like chicken to me. *shrug*
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh, chicken tastes like chicken to me. *shrug*
    dark meat and white meat have distinctive tastes.

10+ Year Old Account
    dark meat and white meat have distinctive tastes.
    Not with as much spice as we put on it. xD
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

oh rib eye steaks....our sam's club doesn't carry those. just sirloin porkchops hamburger and other cheaper meats which i hate with a passion.
    costco here carries USDA PRIME. which is rare for a grocery.

donate it to a homeless shelter. (or you could make me a tater tot casserole with lots of peas.)
    [IMG]http://images.media-allrecipes.com/userphotos/250x250/228254.jpg[IMG]
    I'm pretty sure it's not gonna be good for much longer, if it hasn't expired already.
    But I did keep mentioning to her "Hey, maybe you should use this before it goes bad".

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    You ungrateful little shit.
    D: I don't even like green peas though!

Sam's club does have similar, I have no idea how she even found this giant can there honestly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sam's has certain frozen foods I can't find elsewhere. That's about all I use it for.