Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

I think I may be slightly sociopathic

I mean is it somewhat common? Is it okay? Should I seek help? Should I not worry about it?

Depends. How did you come to this conclusion?
    No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions.

If you think you might be a sociopath and it concerns you, you're probably not a sociopath.

10+ Year Old Account
    See a shrink, even if you aren't sociopathic it's a good idea. Also don't self-diagnose, you aren't qualified and it will only serve to make you feel bad. Also what the above poster said, if you really were a sociopath you wouldnt give a shit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    If you think you might be a sociopath and it concerns you, you're probably not a sociopath.
    Since a true sociopath would not be concerned. Ha! I see what you did there.

Everybody's a little bit sociopathic, don't worry about it.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd advise you to seek guidance from the Christian Church. As a fellow sinner, we have all fell short of what is right and wrong. It takes a higher power to teach us the difference.

If you take psych 101 in college the first thing you notice is you have all of the mental illnesses in the text book.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomislav View Post
    I'd advise you to seek guidance from the Christian Church. As a fellow sinner, we have all fell short of what is right and wrong. It takes a higher power to teach us the difference.
    Please no, I hope you're joking.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomislav View Post
    Hahahaha! Good one.

Some of the greatest minds of the last century were sociopaths. You're lucky.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    If you take psych 101 in college the first thing you notice is you have all of the mental illnesses in the text book.
    Haven't taken any psyche classes. I don't really want to physically hurt anyone myself, but I do wish some bad things would happen to people that I do not like. I also feel very little remorse for seeing multiple girls. Maybe I am just a scumbag/degenerate instead?

Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    Haven't taken any psyche classes. I don't really want to physically hurt anyone myself, but I do wish some bad things would happen to people that I do not like. I also feel very little remorse for seeing multiple girls.
    Go see a therapist, money well spent. They'll either put you mind at ease or give you the bad news, at least you'll know.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Go see a therapist, money well spent. They'll either put you mind at ease or give you the bad news, at least you'll know.
    I blame the internet.

Haven't taken any psyche classes. I don't really want to physically hurt anyone myself, but I do wish some bad things would happen to people that I do not like. I also feel very little remorse for seeing multiple girls. Maybe I am just a scumbag/degenerate instead?
    Could just be an asshole... nothing wrong with being an asshole, though people dont like it. Nothing can stop you from being an asshole.
    No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions.

do you do bad things to others knowing that its bad but just dont give a shit?

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that you admit to these things suggests to me that you may have deeper secrets that you're more ashamed of. That or it's just the anonymity of the internet.

See a shrink.

I mean is it somewhat common? Is it okay? Should I seek help? Should I not worry about it?
    Nothing to worry about.

I've been told the same thing.

*shrugs*

Hmm, yea that is curious. Sounds like you may actually be a human.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Hmm, yea that is curious. Sounds like you may actually be a human.
    Just not a very good one.