Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    The non dickish part made me laugh.
    Just because some of us have dicks doesn't mean people need to be a dick about it XD
    Butts

Deleted
    lol, hipster trans is a thing then. Who are they to decide what she is or is not? people like this set back the movement for acceptance way more than regular garden variety bigots ever do.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    This is a grey moral area, the way I see it. With minority groups, such as racial minorities, for example, it makes sense, since racial minorities openly identify themselves with a certain race. Transgender people, however, tend to identify with one of the two genders, so, in my eyes, it makes more sense to let them compete against other men/women in regular competitions, rather than making a special one for them, that only serves to separate them from the gender they want to identify with.

But I see your point and find it reasonable as well.
    Like I told the woman sitting next to me, I was surprised I had this view. But in the southern United States, there are a lot of racially organized events. I equate these events in the same manner, yet don't equate the struggle of the transgender in the same way I do racial struggle (8 years of Catholic school will do that to you). I am open minded though, and can see where they should not be mocked or ridiculed for wanting something to promote themselves. As I said, not something I would watch, but something I would support their right a to do so. And, I support the winner of this competition based solely on the fact that clothes do not make the person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverlock View Post
    I don't have sources off hand (its isn't a issue I really concern myself with most of the time. It doesn't effect me after all) a quick look at google is giving me vastly different numbers ranging from 20 to 40%. The numbers seem to fluctuate wildly depending on the persons stance towards it...

I would be willing to see your sources but unless they are from a extremely neutral source I might be slightly skeptical of them.
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...,d.aWc&cad=rja (sorry for the long url, pdf download was all I could find >~<)
    http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/827713

Oh and here is an often mis-cited one that people use to try and prove the whole "transitioning is bad" thing. http://journals.plos.org/plosone/art...l.pone.0016885 If you give it a read (keeping in mind it's very outdated) you can see what I mean. These are just a few that I keep around. If I looked harder I could find some of the better ones but its 3:40 am here so blah

Edit: oh, umm you may need an account for one of those sites >_< I may have forgotten. Haha
    Last edited by Grozzle; 2016-02-21 at 07:44 AM.
    Butts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverlock View Post
    I don't believe that to be the case... I don't have a large pool of knowledge to draw from but I would be very skeptical of the claim that them believing they are in the wrong body and failing to transition into the body they want is not the main cause.
    People tend to commit suicide as the last ultimate and ultimate option, when other options have been exhausted. In the case of transgendered person, all though of a sex change might fall flat to the support of their family/the ones they love. Because to a lot of people whats the point of struggle/living if you don't have loved ones to depend on? Now there are those who are self sufficient but most people still need a rock to lean on, even if its outside of their biological family.

I'm no psychologist be I do work with a lot of people who suffer from mental illness. I don't believe being transgender is a mental illness but it can lead you down similar paths. Self harm (drugs, alcohol, bad relationships), up to and including suicide, is a common endgame iff you can't find support. A lot of people don't give a damn about of the physical transition (because it involves a lot of time, money, and drugs), if they just had the support of those they love behind them. A transgender person is already aware of how hard and perhaps unrealistic it is to gain universal acceptance but not being able to gain personal/family acceptance is perhaps the world to them.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Grozzle View Post
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...,d.aWc&cad=rja (sorry for the long url, pdf download was all I could find >~<)
    http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/827713

Oh and here is an often mis-cited one that people use to try and prove the whole "transitioning is bad" thing. http://journals.plos.org/plosone/art...l.pone.0016885 If you give it a read (keeping in mind it's very outdated) you can see what I mean. These are just a few that I keep around. If I looked harder I could find some of the better ones but its 3:40 am here so blah

Edit: oh, umm you may need an account for one of those sites >_< I may have forgotten. Haha
    Will take a look at the pdf but yeah one you need a account will go though it but the source seems pretty legit so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Like I told the woman sitting next to me, I was surprised I had this view. But in the southern United States, there are a lot of racially organized events. I equate these events in the same manner, yet don't equate the struggle of the transgender in the same way I do racial struggle (8 years of Catholic school will do that to you). I am open minded though, and can see where they should not be mocked or ridiculed for wanting something to promote themselves. As I said, not something I would watch, but something I would support their right a to do so. And, I support the winner of this competition based solely on the fact that clothes do not make the person.
    I wouldn't fault you because its easier to hide one than the other but one isn't more deserving of solace than the other. We are all only human and can't cater to everything at the same time. You don't have to champion them but you can certainly let them be as they are. Its not your job or place to judge them as long as they aren't doing any actual harm to anyone.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    People tend to commit suicide as the last ultimate and ultimate option, when other options have been exhausted. In the case of transgendered person, all though of a sex change might fall flat to the support of their family/the ones they love. Because to a lot of people whats the point of struggle/living if you don't have loved ones to depend on? Now there are those who are self sufficient but most people still need a rock to lean on, even if its outside of their biological family.

I'm no psychologist be I do work with a lot of people who suffer from mental illness. I don't believe being transgender is a mental illness but it can lead you down similar paths. Self harm (drugs, alcohol, bad relationships), up to and including suicide, is a common endgame iff you can't find support. A lot of people don't give a damn about of the physical transition (because it involves a lot of time, money, and drugs), if they just had the support of those they love behind them. A transgender person is already aware of how hard and perhaps unrealistic it is to gain universal acceptance but not being able to gain personal/family acceptance is perhaps the world to them.
    Pretty much :/
    I personally was kicked out for coming out so I know that part too well
    I'm lucky to live in Canada where it's mostly covered but some aren't that lucky. Most trans people also can't get work because of discrimination and just the general depression from having to deal with all the bullshit in the news about how apparently "everyone hates you" and the such. Could be worse, but I honestly wouldn't wish being trans on anyone. It's a living hell that can only be saited by doing something that makes us degenerates in societies eyes (and to a lesser extent our own depending on upbringing)
    Last edited by Grozzle; 2016-02-21 at 07:58 AM.
    Butts

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Time Sage View Post
    Part of the transition process normally requires one to live full time as the gender they want to change to. Which means appropriate clothes full time.
    /s
    You sir are trans-mysoginist/sexist. Who are you or that judge to decide what composes a female be it sex or gender?
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't allow transgender/gender identity threads here.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |