Thread: Help me!

Deleted

Exclamation Help me!

I don't know why but when I'm healing (currently hfc hc) my hps is really low even tho I follow star prior, rotation and talents/glyphs. I always get kicked because my hps is between 30 and 40k. Can someone give me some ideas on why this is?

Hello Shrami

Can you please explain what you call rotation and show some logs to understand what is happening exactly. Also please provide your armory so we can look at your gear.

Deleted
    Your HPS can depend on quite a few things outside of your control. Without logs it'll be difficult to say why your HPS is low. But there are a few possible reasons for it.

Are you raiding with people who know how to avoid unnecessary damage? If so, you're already losing HPS.

Are you raiding with a Disc Priest, a Holy Paladin or multiples of them? The more absorbs a raid has, the less HPS a "pure" healer like a Resto Shaman or Resto Druid can pull off - especially Resto Shamans because those shields and absorbs counter our own mastery (deep healing). If you've got Disc Priests and Holy Paladins who know what they're doing, you'll always have lower HPS. Additionally if you're just overhealing the raid in general or have more healers than is necessary, you'll do less healing as an individual. This isn't a subtle moan about absorbs - I like having those classes around in mythic raids, but if you're doing heroic raids and have a few of them your HPS will always be lower no matter how well you play.

Are you using big cooldowns like Healing Tide during the periods where damage is heaviest? Are you dropping Healing Stream Totem on cooldown?

Just some ideas anyway. Only by posting logs will you get the best help/advice.

As Neps over here points out, absorbs and to many healers will greatly affect your hps as a resto shaman since we do best when the whole raid is low on hp. Often leaders that wine about low hps numbers have no clue on whats going on. Cant messure hps like you do with dps. If the raid was stabile and bouncing with some demage spikes i would prob guess the problem is somewhere else.

But without logs its just speculations.