Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Genn Greymane - [Massive & Potential Spoilers + Speculation]

Is it possible that Genn Greymane frames Sylvanas into her being the murderer of Varian Wrynn for revenge for the murder of his son? What if GENN is the person who KILLS Varian Wrynn? Just think about it. Its logical and would be something -NO ONE- would expect especially coming from the Alliance. With tricking Anduin, he'd have the entire Alliance at the Horde's throat again. He'd also be one of the first newest Alliance villains. He'd also have a chance at reclaiming Gilneas since he is the Alliance's military leader. This is also perfect for making Sylvanas and the Forsaken look like they're the innocent ones this time and ending the typical "Horde bad guys" storylines.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Off topic; fuck you Theramore, you're a racist piece of shit. Your threads suck, and BLM is a hate group.

OT: Totally could see Genn being scumbag, I still wanna lean with the Reddit-leak that hinted he was Varimathras. No matter how unlikely that is.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    snip
    Considering Sylvanas sound files it seems most likely the horde had to retreat or being crushed by demons alongside the Alliance forces, so she orders them to cut a path for their troops through the demons and retreat, leaving the flank open and the Alliance forces fall to the legion, that action can be seen as a betrayal.

10+ Year Old Account
    This theory is fucking exciting and amazing. I really hope it turns out to be true. Would be a GREAT story line.

Have you considered maybe that the legion just killed Varian?

What if GENN is the person who KILLS Varian Wrynn? Just think about it. Its logical

I highly doubt that. And it doesn't seem logical. It may seem logical from a base story perspective, but it isn't logical on Genn's character. Genn may have been selfish in the past but he is an honorable fellow and him and Varian had made up in Wolfheart. As much as he wants revenge, I can't see him betraying the alliance and murdering the King of an ally nation for it. Especially considering at the end of SoO Varian said he would help reclaim Gilneas and if it wasn't for the alliance, Genn's people would have all been killed.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    That could work well along with my theory instead of Genn doing it but still I think Sylvanas is framed here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    I highly doubt that. And it doesn't seem logical. It may seem logical from a base story perspective, but it isn't logical on Genn's character. Genn may have been selfish in the past but he is an honorable fellow and him and Varian had made up in Wolfheart. As much as he wants revenge, I can't see him betraying the alliance and murdering the King of an ally nation for it. Especially considering at the end of SoO Varian said he would help reclaim Gilneas and if it wasn't for the alliance, Genn's people would have all been killed.
    Remember how Garrosh's character flipped from BC to WOTLK to Cata and MoP? BC he was suicidal. WOTLK he was a hothead with a strong Horde-aligned prideful heart. Cata he was a hothead Warchief but held honor for all races and MoP he hated -all- races except Orcs THEN in WoD he hates all races including non-pure Orcs. -Anything- can change.

7+ Year Old Account
    why do people put spoiler tags in a spoiler thread?

- - - Updated - - -

What if GENN is the person who KILLS Varian Wrynn?
    that's actually something i would love to see.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember how Garrosh's character flipped from BC to WOTLK to Cata and MoP? BC he was suicidal. WOTLK he was a hothead with a strong Horde-aligned prideful heart. Cata he was a hothead Warchief but held honor for all races and MoP he hated -all- races except Orcs THEN in WoD he hates all races including non-pure Orcs. -Anything- can change.
    Garrosh never "flipped". Once he got over his depression, his character remained fairly consistent from Wrath through WoD. He never held "honor for all races"--one of his first acts as Warchief was to kick every non-orc out of the center of Orgrimmar. He liked to talk about his own personal honor, but never did anything to show it.

And planted false evidence to sow some bad seeds between the horde and alliance. It's a very dreadlord-y thing to do.

Do you remember the backlash they got for that? Now imagine if the Cata and MoP development was ripped out.

Sure, Blizzard can do whatever they want. They could have Varian really get bitten by a wereloc (Werewolf like murloc) and turned into a murloc for life, but that doesn't make it a good idea, nor does it make a good story.

I think it will probably be something like Genn arrives to find Varian dead and assumes it was Sylvanas. Or perhaps he shows up in time to see the legion kill Varian and he decides to blame Sylvanas anyways as revenge for his son.

Quote Originally Posted by wishfulthinking View Post
    And planted false evidence to sow some bad seeds between the horde and alliance. It's a very dreadlord-y thing to do.

But I do want it to be Genn to murder Varian to sow some bad seeds and be able to take over the entire Alliance military by one single bullet.

But I do want it to be Genn to murder Varian to sow some bad seeds and be able to take over the entire Alliance military by one single bullet.
    Fine fine. Genn's a Dreadlord.

There are no spoilers here

Just more baseless speculation by TheBomb

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grosbill View Post
    There are no spoilers here

Just more baseless speculation by TheBomb
    ah really, good job sherlock.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2016-02-22 at 09:57 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    This. The "Genn is a traitor" theory everyone seems to love only makes sense if you ignore every single detail about his character since he was reintroduced. He is completely loyal to Varian and the Alliance- Wolfheart especially (iirc) made that clear. That wouldn't change even if the Alliance wasn't actively rebuilding Gilneas and keeping Sylvanas in check, as SoO showed.

And when you consider his reasons for his earlier actions (at least as of Cataclysm, it may have been a retcon), he's never really been that bad, and not all that concerned with revenge. He was prideful, and concerned with Gilneas alone. The old Alliance made a decision that would put everyone in danger (the internment camp plan may have been more moral than extermination, but they were just asking for an uprising- and if anyone but Thrall had been the one to do it, the Human kingdoms wouldn't have gotten off so easily), so Genn backed out and built the wall to protect his people. It may not have been right, but it wasn't exactly wrong either.

Not to mention the whole of his in-game development before Legion was about his decision to abandon revenge for the sake of his people. He could have gone after and killed Sylvanas during the Gilneas questing, but he chose to evacuate his people instead, even right after she murdered his son. Really, anyone besides Genn (save Anduin) would make more sense as Varian's murderer.

Now, the "Genn is replaced by a Dreadlord" theory, on the other hand, is possible (even if the "leak" of it is an obvious fake, considering it had Nathanos die before Stormheim where he's a major character), but that would be a complete waste of an amazing character imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    ah really, good job sherlock.
    Please link me to the MASSIVE AND POTENTIAL SPOILERS (as per the title).

It's just more baseless SPECULATION (that part is right)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhinopotamus View Post

I still wanna lean with the Reddit-leak that hinted he was Varimathras. No matter how unlikely that is.
    That leak is proving to be more and more true.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you considered that Varian is alive..... whaaaaaaat.

Kil'Jaeden will be jacking himself off on the clusterfuck that Genn is creating with this. If the horde and the alliance start fighting NOW we might as well kiss Azaroth goodbye.