Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    LOL, remove every single gold mission and give us worthless garrison resources.

And still no fixed to Sub Rogues. So much wrong with them on the alpha!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monketron View Post
    Like with flying, Blizzard have every right to remove water-walking mounts if they feel it takes away from the questing experience they are trying to craft. It's a shame, but ultimately the change is made to make the game MORE FUN for us.
    The difference being water walking is a minor convenience that many classes have as a baseline to their class and you can even buy potions to walk on water. Flying totally circumvents game play by completely bypassing mechanics and obstacles. Huge difference.

Well, it looks like i can finally use a different mount.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baneleaf View Post
    Really Blizz Extreme Scavenger Name changed from "Treasure Hunter" to "Extreme Scavenger". Trait - Increased Rewards Increases the gold garrison resources gained from a mission by 100%.. 200%.. so all of those treasure hunter followers are now going to be resource followers. Just blow the damn garrison up and you will catch less hell for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Really blizz so all of the treasure hunter followers are going to be resource farmers, great.

Extreme Scavenger Name changed from "Treasure Hunter" to "Extreme Scavenger". Trait - Increased Rewards Increases the gold garrison resources gained from a mission by 100%.. 200%..
    How did anyone not see this coming?

Also: OPTION_PHYSICS_OPTIONS (New) - Select physics interactions with the environment. - I like where this is going.

15+ Year Old Account
    Many express negative feelings towards the Garrison changes. You need to remember this is for Expansion Patch and beyond. No one wants to go back to Garrison in Dreanor to farm gold in Legion.

Traits like Treasure Hunter from Harrison Jones and naval crews like Dwarven Crew no longer reward bonus gold.
    Garrison missions no longer reward gold
    The penny finally drops. Or gold coin, as it were.
    Water Striders were changed to only work in Pandaria or Draenor
    I don't like this, but I understand why it was done; the entire expansion is a series of islands, full of stuff you could easily skip if you went across the water along shorelines. I used to do this on Thunder Isle. Besides, they may be adding a new mount like a raft or canoe that will serve the same purpose

And once again, WoW is a subscription-based game.

Quote Originally Posted by Monketron View Post
    Like with flying, Blizzard have every right to remove water-walking mounts if they feel it takes away from the questing experience they are trying to craft. It's a shame, but ultimately the change is made to make the game MORE FUN for us.
    Shoehorning us into certain tasks that are braindead the first time and downright painful the rest does not equate to FUN. If the content is engaging and fun FOR REAL, people won't skip it...unless the person is the kind that guns for max level and instances, and no matter how much the devs shoehorn those they won't change.

However, it makes sense for them to not want waterwalking in content that's based A LOT around islands. People are currently and would abuse them come Live to get to areas they shouldn't be in and as we know by now, the devs HATE IT when we explore in our own ways...Shoehorned or go home!
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-02-24 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    So what, roll a dk and path of frost? Roll a shaman and water walk? Buy water walking elixir? I find it really odd/suspicious to make these changes only because of this while there are million other ways to walk on water.
    Well presumably they want DKs' and Shamans' water-walking abilities to mean something again.

DKs and Shammies can water-walk at will as soon as the expansion drops. Other classes need to earn the right to water-walk in the Legion zones, probably by once again catching a thousand fish for Nat Pagle.

Arcane Explosion is finally going to be relevant again!!! Yay! It's been useless since BC (PvP) wise before all you PvE people freak the fuck out about me saying its useless lol

Noooooooooooooooooo not the Water Strider

Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post

And once again, WoW is a subscription-based game.
    Wut...? Isn't it sub-based now as well?

I'm sitting on 10,000 resources because they are useless with my garrison already at max. I only do the gold missions, gear upgrades for followers, xp missions to level all my followers to 645. I avoid apexis and garrison resource missions. So now I guess I will be sending my followers on even fewer missions.

The water striders change is just stupid. What exactly is the point in nerfing them? Guess ill have to stock up on elexirs.

This change was just a pointless waste of time for Blizzard (they had to code it in after all) and a minor inconvenience to the player.

Quote Originally Posted by Laylriana View Post
    I'm sitting on 10,000 resources because they are useless with my garrison already at max. I only do the gold missions, gear upgrades for followers, xp missions to level all my followers to 645. I avoid apexis and garrison resource missions. So now I guess I will be sending my followers on even fewer missions.
    This change applies to 7.0 & beyond. Live servers are not affected from this as of now.

Quote Originally Posted by Laylriana View Post
    That's the point. This isn't a change that's going live in a few weeks, it's going to be for when Legion goes live. They won't want players to stay in the Warlords of Draenor garrison because it's the best way to make gold, they'll want them in the Class Order Halls and on the Broken Isles, doing Legion content. When the time comes, the garrison will become useless and we won't have any reason to go back there, the same way Sunsong Ranch became useless once Warlords of Draenor came out.

I bet Legion has a lot of Water to go across, so by nerfing the Strider mount it will take longer for some people to get across the water. Therefore taking longer to reach destination and complete whatever it is you have to complete, therefore making the game seem longer than what it probably is. Which is the reason they took away flying before WoD hit, make the game seem longer than it really is. I am sure they will secretly increase the % chance to be knocked off your mount by enemies.

10+ Year Old Account
    The transmuting of meat to pants intrigues me.

Greater Fade + Holy Ward = holy priests back in the PvP game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Christhammer View Post
    LOL, remove every single gold mission and give us worthless garrison resources.

And still no fixed to Sub Rogues. So much wrong with them on the alpha!
    Yeah because returning to the wod garrison every day during legion to make free gold TOTALLY makes sense.Everybody knew this would happen for a year now,dont act surprised and angry

Maybe they should take away running next, since obviously we're all getting everywhere too fast.

It doesn't serve the class fantasy to always be running everywhere. Some players prefer a leisurely stroll, and we wanted to incorporate elements of all play styles in this expansion.