Thread: 4.3 Highlights

4.3 Highlights

Originally Posted by SWTOR

Highlights
    New Warzone: Odessen Proving Ground! Train with other mixed-faction Alliance teams by vying for control of multiple capture points in this new Odessen-based Warzone! Use power ups to turn the battle in your favor! (PTS Note: Only Odessen Proving Ground and Rishi Cove Arena are available in the PvP Queue).

New Warzone Arena: Rishi Cove Arena! This new Warzone Arena hosts 4v4 Deathmatches in both Ranked and Unranked queues. (PTS Note: Only Odessen Proving Ground and Rishi Cove Arena are available in the PvP Queue).

New Gameplay Focus Areas! Both PvP and PvE instances are now available on any server, allowing friends who prefer any gameplay type to play together on the same server. Players can toggle their focus via their Character Portrait or the mini-map icon.

Unlock additional Strongholds! You can now activate all 5 Strongholds for use by your Legacy!

More Flagship Decorations! Players can now place up to 300 Decorations (+50%) on their Guild Flagship!

General
    • PvP-oriented Missions now have red text in the Mission Log.
    • Common Decoration limits have been increased to 999 (up from 50). Limited Decorations have not been changed.
    • Guilds can now have up to 1000 members (up from 500).
    • Players can now add a single space in their character name, e.g. "Satele Shan."
    • Maximum Character name length has been increased to 20 (up from 16).
    • When using the "/who" command, if there are less than 10 results, the results are returned to the chat window instead of opening the "/who" interface. This behavior can be changed in Preferences.

Looks like that megaserver thing is a possibility but not right now.
    http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=873570
    Last edited by quras; 2016-02-25 at 09:34 PM.

Doesn't look like megaservers, looks like they're just adding in channels for PvP to PvE servers and vice versa. So you can roll on a PvP server to play with your friends but hang out in PvE channels on that server so you don't have t deal with world PvP.

It sounds like they're proceeding to mega-servers in several smaller stages. The space in the character name makes it a lot easier to come up with unique names, and you can preserve your existing name by adding a unique last name.

So it becomes viable to merge servers and then just force people to change their names, since they can keep their previous name as the first name.
    Last edited by RohanV; 2016-02-25 at 09:43 PM.

Players can now add a single space in their character name, e.g. "Satele Shan."
    You sons of bitches. Now? Arrgh!

Well scratch all that:

Originally Posted by SWTOR

Hey folks,

By the term "Megaservers" I presume you think we are collapsing multiple servers together into "megaservers." Especially with many of the quality of life features you highlighted. These changes were only designed to allow friends to play together, regardless of their personal playstyle. Now someone who wants to play on a PvP server can play on the same server as their friends who don't want to.

Hope that clears up any confusion.

-eric
    Last edited by quras; 2016-02-26 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Don't worry, I'm sure name-changes won't ever be free.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Deleted
    So mega servers aren't happening?
    Personally I'm happy with that, with how some weeklies are a nightmare with your own server, let alone all combined

very happy about having a space in names. finally, i'll be able to have more fitting surnames for aliens.

Swtor is the only MMO I can think of that doesn't let me used my preferred last name of "Warcraft."

I love all MMOs, but I love being able to pay homage to WoW by using it as my last name in games like Final Fantasy or Guild Wars 2. Silly Swtor naming rules!

Deleted
    Tomorrows patch seems a bit empty now they removed eternal championship and bowdarr (

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Totally a game that needed it from day 1.

Arrgh! is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    Tomorrows patch seems a bit empty now they removed eternal championship and bowdarr (
    Seems like a normal SWTOR patch to me tbh.

You could build cities out of the tears of disappointment that follow this game and its patch cycle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeba View Post
    Seems like a normal SWTOR patch to me tbh.

You could build cities out of the tears of disappointment that follow this game and its patch cycle.
    Sadly, so true.. Lol