Thread: "Silencer 2.0"

"Silencer 2.0"

http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder...379:1;27233:2;

Priest deck built around silencing minions and disrupting your opponent's turns. Fantastic against freeze mages. I had a lot of fun with it and thought others may as well! If you have any critiques/ideas please share

The deck only has 29 cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    The deck only has 29 cards.
    Thats weird. Opens up with 30 for me. Not sure which card its missing for you but I'll go ahead and type it out for ya

Silence x 2
    Flash heal x 1
    Holy Smite x 1
    Light of the Naaru x 1
    Mind Vision x 1
    Zombie Chow x 1
    Convert x 1
    Resurrect x 1
    Shadow Word: Pain x 1
    Ancient Watcher x 2
    Shadow Word: Death x 1
    Deathlord x 1
    Mass Dispel x 2
    Eerie Statue x 2
    Spellbreaker x 1
    Wailing Soul x 2 (You could run 2 Spellbreakers and 1 Wailing Soul, depending on your personal preference)
    Holy Nova x 1
    Antique Healbot x 1
    Faceless Manipulator x 1
    Loatheb x 1
    Spectral Knight x 1
    Lightbomb x1
    Justicar Trueheart x 1
    Prophet Velen x 1
    Mind Control x 1

I've found that this deck is great with fatigue, as I was able to beat two warriors with 20+ armor in a fatigue game. This deck is far from perfect and not the most practical, but it's the most fun I've had with a deck in a long time. If anyone has any tips please share!
    Last edited by AmethystRockstar; 2016-02-26 at 02:29 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    You're going to have a lot of problems with card draw.

Toss Velen, he's really not doing much for you. Unless you're going for a heavy nuke deck, he won't get a lot of value from just heals (esp as he will rarely live past the turn you play him as he becomes a Priority One target). Justicar fills this role with a 4HP hero power.

Mind Control is waaaaay too slow nowadays. If you really want that extra removal, use Entomb instead.

Mass Dispel x 1. It's extremely situational as tech, putting two in is a waste.

Get rid of Mind Vision - use Thoughtsteal if you want that effect. Two cards from the deck > one from the hand. Ressurect is going to bite you hard in the arse when it res' a Watcher/Statue after you've used a few silences.

Toss LotN, you have no way of buffing a Lightwarden's frailty, doesn't fit with the deck. Pick up a second Chow. Your early game is severely weak, you need to get bodies on board in the first few turns.

Smite OR Shadow Word Pain. Pick one. Don't have both.

You're going to want at least one PWS or Velens to protect your Statues from your own Lightbomb. They're the only real threats you have.

You're a priest running Justicar and Flash Heal. Healbot is overkill, too much tempo loss.

Conclusion: deck is severely lacking card draw and way too tech-heavy. The Watchers-Statues-Wailing is a good core theme, you just need to build around it with other solid minions to support it. Second Deathlord will help tons vs aggro (you have almost no defence otherwise). Cabals are superb mid minions for tempo swing. Ditch Velen ASAP - run Boom instead if you want another fatty. Beef up your early game because you will get overrun very often. And if you're running Watchers and Statues you will definitely want Sunfurys or DoAs. You'll feel right silly if you get a super-sweet open of Chow, Watcher, Coin-Statue and Statue and then don't draw your Wailings, and helplessly watch the enemy sail right past them for turn 6 lethal.

Northshire Clerics, friend. Never, ever leave home without them.
    Last edited by Nikkaszal; 2016-02-26 at 03:01 PM.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    You're going to have a lot of problems with card draw.

Toss Velen, he's really not doing much for you. Unless you're going for a heavy nuke deck, he won't get a lot of value from just heals (esp as he will rarely live past the turn you play him as he becomes a Priority One target). Justicar fills this role with a 4HP hero power.

Mind Control is waaaaay too slow nowadays. If you really want that extra removal, use Entomb instead.

Mass Dispel x 1. It's extremely situational as tech, putting two in is a waste.

Get rid of Mind Vision - use Thoughtsteal if you want that effect. Two cards from the deck > one from the hand. Ressurect is going to bite you hard in the arse when it res' a Watcher/Statue after you've used a few silences.

Toss LotN, you have no way of buffing a Lightwarden's frailty, doesn't fit with the deck. Pick up a second Chow. Your early game is severely weak, you need to get bodies on board in the first few turns.

Smite OR Shadow Word Pain. Pick one. Don't have both.

You're going to want at least one PWS or Velens to protect your Statues from your own Lightbomb. They're the only real threats you have.

You're a priest running Justicar and Flash Heal. Healbot is overkill, too much tempo loss.

Conclusion: deck is severely lacking card draw and way too tech-heavy. The Watchers-Statues-Wailing is a good core theme, you just need to build around it with other solid minions to support it. Second Deathlord will help tons vs aggro (you have almost no defence otherwise). Cabals are superb mid minions for tempo swing. Ditch Velen ASAP - run Boom instead if you want another fatty. Beef up your early game because you will get overrun very often. And if you're running Watchers and Statues you will definitely want Sunfurys or DoAs. You'll feel right silly if you get a super-sweet open of Chow, Watcher, Coin-Statue and Statue and then don't draw your Wailings, and helplessly watch the enemy sail right past them for turn 6 lethal.

Northshire Clerics, friend. Never, ever leave home without them.
    Thanks! I appreciate the feedback.

My main use of Velen in this deck is for when the game comes to me fatiguing out my opponent. Often that 8 health I get from dropping Velen as my last card wins the game. So I'm gonna keep Velen for now.

I agree on Mind Control, Entomb is a much better option and I will make that change.

I put two Mass Dispels for the card draw, though I think I will replace one with a Northshire Cleric. With the other silences in the deck it's often pretty redundant to have two.

I'll switch Mind Vision for Thoughtsteal.

Shadow Word: Pain is going to stay because of pesky minions like Water Elementals, Deathlords and Brann.

I'll remove healbot, because it is total overkill.

I'm going to remake the deck and post it in a bit. Thanks again!

- - - Updated - - -

Silencer 2.1

Silence x 2
    Flash Heal x 1
    Holy Smite x 1
    Northshire Cleric x 1
    Zombie Chow x 2
    Convert x 1
    Shadow Word: Pain x1
    Ancient Watcher x2
    Shadow Word: Death x1
    Thoughtsteal x1
    Deathlord x2
    Mass Dispel x1
    Eerie Statue x2
    Spellbreaker x1
    Wailing Soul x2
    Holy Nova x1
    Faceless Manipulator x1
    Loatheb x1
    Entomb x1
    Lightbomb x1
    Cabal Shadow Priest x1
    Emperor Thaurissan x1
    Justicar Trueheart x1
    Propher Velen x1

I added Emperor in order to set up for a Velen/Holy nova, the deck is in need of a big board clear as Lightbomb isn't 100% reliable. Cleric and Thoughtsteal have been added for additional card draw. Extra Zombie Chow and Deathlord, also Cabal has taken Spectral Knight's place. Going to play a few matches and let ya'll know how it goes.
    Last edited by AmethystRockstar; 2016-02-26 at 03:19 PM.

Yeah I feel like you're a bit mid-top heavy. I've often thought about running a silence/statue deck, I think it's a cool idea, not sure if it'd ever be competitive but it might be decent.

Hmm, you could almost get away with Reno in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Yeah I feel like you're a bit mid-top heavy. I've often thought about running a silence/statue deck, I think it's a cool idea, not sure if it'd ever be competitive but it might be decent.

Hmm, you could almost get away with Reno in there.
    Not quite. He wants double ups of Watcher, Statue and Wailing as the core. Even two doubleups can fuck with Reno.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Not quite. He wants double ups of Watcher, Statue and Wailing as the core. Even two doubleups can fuck with Reno.
    Exactly why I don't have Reno. Theres just too many cards the deck needs two of in order to work. Velen fills Reno's role nicely so long as he's played after Justicar.

The deck was a little mid-top heavy, it's much better now with the extra Chow and Deathlord. Ive actually gone ahead and removed Emperor in favor of Sunfury Protector as Nikkaszal suggested. The important part of the early game is getting a Watcher or Statue out so that turn 4-5 you can silence them and either clean up the board or deal a bunch of damage to the face.

I would encourage anyone interested to give it a try. I've had a ton of fun playing it and have gone down 4 ranks since I began running it.
    Last edited by AmethystRockstar; 2016-02-27 at 03:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AmethystRockstar View Post
    Exactly why I don't have Reno. Theres just too many cards the deck needs two of in order to work. Velen fills Reno's role nicely so long as he's played after Justicar.
    You're running a fatigue deck with plenty of anti-aggro, you could have all the doubles you want and you'd still have no trouble triggering Reno. I like to play a version of Reno warrior which has a ton of duplicates and I have never once been unable to trigger Reno's heal when I needed it.

In my opinion you should toss the two Silences for a Reno and something like Explosive Sheep/Coldlight/Elise/Sunfury/Wild Pyro. I know you're going for flavour but Silence doesn't do enough to enough to justify spending a draw on it.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by Bavarian Barbarian View Post
    You're running a fatigue deck with plenty of anti-aggro, you could have all the doubles you want and you'd still have no trouble triggering Reno. I like to play a version of Reno warrior which has a ton of duplicates and I have never once been unable to trigger Reno's heal when I needed it.

In my opinion you should toss the two Silences for a Reno and something like Explosive Sheep/Coldlight/Elise/Sunfury/Wild Pyro. I know you're going for flavour but Silence doesn't do enough to enough to justify spending a draw on it.
    A fair point, I'll test out the deck with Reno instead of Velen. I think I will also replace one Silence with a Coldlight Oracle, if I lose with this deck its often due to lack of card draw. Plan on remaking the deck today, will post it when I've made definite changes and tested it out.

Thanks for the feedback!