Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Raid Attendance Tracking

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for ideas for Raid Attendance tracker.

Unfortunately we do not use DKP/EPGP for loot , instead we use Loot Council.

Our raids are usually delayed by at least 10-15 mins even when we have full team and telling people to be there 15 mins prior. So now we're planning to start with the attendance tracking and make it transparent to all.

The question i wanna ask is, how do your guild handle attendance tracking? I was thinking of running google sheets and manually key in attendees late/ontime/leaving early etc.

EPGP + award a lot EP on start of raid time.

10+ Year Old Account
    you can just make an excel document with name - first time late (with time) - second late - third late - etc

Quote Originally Posted by KoTTT View Post
    EPGP + award a lot EP on start of raid time.
    We dont use DKP/EPGP for loot distribution , those points might mean nothing but i could work something out from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Xkiller9000 View Post
    you can just make an excel document with name - first time late (with time) - second late - third late - etc
    Thats what i was thinking but i was hoping theres some easier way than to do this manually

Just the need to track it suggests, it's multiple people who are being late. If it was 2-3 culprits over and over again, you'd probably remember them and could act accordingly. But as the guy above me said, for basic attendance, simple Google spreadsheet with records of who was late should be enough for you.

Edit: You could also consider recruiting bunch of ppl, that way, if someone is late, you don't have to wait for them and being benched couple times because of tardiness might cause ppl to shape up.
    Last edited by h4rr0d; 2016-02-29 at 06:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally run a google-docs spreadsheet. Done very simply.

Every full raid night (from start to finish) you get 1-point (which is full 3 hours). If someone leaves half way they get the score of 0.5, if they come in at 1 hour mark they 0.75 and if they leave hour before they get 0.75. So basically you get the general point on how I "calculate" attendance. Just split 1 into as many sections as needed to get the 0.X for tracking. For me it's the easiest way.
    I'll add an image.

Just let them know that you are looking for a replacement since you can't tolerate people slowing down the entire group. Watch them come right on time in fear of losing their spot. Unless you enforce some policy or start introducing some fear, they'll keep being late because they know you won't do shit.

Warcraftlogs tracks attendance by default so you can use that if you log every raid

EDIT: I guess that doesn't help you to check lateness though

Quote Originally Posted by iamahleong View Post
    We dont use DKP/EPGP for loot distribution , those points might mean nothing but i could work something out from there.
    Adjusting it like that gives you a good indicator of who shows up on time and who doesn't. People with high attendance and punctuality are going to have a far higher score than people that don't show up or are late a lot. It's certainly easier than manually keeping a spreadsheet.

I'd like to know myself of a good way to keep them, before I track them or punish them. I have a strong feeling that tracking and punishment should be mainly the after-effect of the main raiding. I don't think the top guilds would mind if they used group loot only, and if I'm not mistaken some do.

Attendance tracking in my guild is not really done, nor is it something we think about. For our guild, we don't sign up for raids at all, we write on the forums if WE WILL NOT show up. Meaning unless you write something, your expected to show up to our one raid a week. That way it is easier for our GM to figure out who comes and whatnot, and then if he thinks attendance then gets a bit to low, he'll take a personal talk with the person to find a fix if there is any, or sadly kick them. Since you should be able to meet up once a week.

Count me in the Google Docs group. It's pretty low overhead.

Quote Originally Posted by iamahleong View Post
    You don't have to use EPGP for loot distribution. Every night give 1 point to everyone in raid (1 click to give everyone points) or every hour or so to account for people leaving mid-raid. Then type /epgp to see the 'rankings' - who has the best attendance.

If you log any raid at warcraftlogs it tracks it for you

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewlazors View Post
    If you log any raid at warcraftlogs it tracks it for you
    Yes and if your first pull isn't until everybody is there you still don't know who was late...

Just take a screenshot of your raid frames when you're meant to start, and when its full. The extra names were obviously late.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    I personally run a google-docs spreadsheet. Done very simply.

Every full raid night (from start to finish) you get 1-point (which is full 3 hours). If someone leaves half way they get the score of 0.5, if they come in at 1 hour mark they 0.75 and if they leave hour before they get 0.75. So basically you get the general point on how I "calculate" attendance. Just split 1 into as many sections as needed to get the 0.X for tracking. For me it's the easiest way.
    I'll add an image.
    I think this is the best... its quick and so on....

Just 1 for he is there, 0.5 late, 0 for not online...

when you use the conditional formatting of an google spreedsheet/or excel you can set 1 to green, 0 to red and 0.5 to yellow.. that way you see whos late, or who is more often late.
    If you want to track the average then just make a column with the formula
    Code:
    =AVERAGE(the row of the player e.g. C3:C25)
    The people who are always there have a 100% score... so you can see it quite easily.

We dont have a bench or give the players a 0.5 because we as a raidleading team benched them so its not their fault. but they have to be available. If we need them and they are not there in a specific time window, then we just give them a 0.

It looks like this in my spreedsheet:

Grey is for people who are on vacation or aren't available for a longer time.... or just joined the guild etc....

Thank you everyone for the input!

We've decided to use the google doc(sheet) method.

with 4 different status as attendance

Present / Late / Unavailable / No-show

Present = Accepted invite and was there + ready to roll before boss pulls
    Late = Accepted invite and wasn't there before boss pull starts
    Unavail. = Declined invite, has to leave midway or left midway
    No-show = Accepted invite but did not turn up

No intention to enforce any sort of punishment at this point, but we'll monitor and speak to individuals if we pick up something

10+ Year Old Account
    Your idea is very nice Holypeter and seems more simplistic.
    The colors are actually nice idea, only conditional formatting I use is in the % field.

But a relatively dumb question from someone who barely got past math in both school and uni, how the hell you get average to show %? Cause I tried the average on of my fields and it just cave me a number of 2.3 on of the fields I tried. My basic formula for % per month is (Total*100)/Month, where Total is Count function from all the fields in the row and month is the number or raids in the month...
    Come to think of it tracking per month seems bit obsolete in the setting I raid with at present, but how can I get the % then if I would loose the # of raids in month field...
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2016-03-01 at 06:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    Your idea is very nice Holypeter and seems more simplistic.
    The colors are actually nice idea, only conditional formatting I use is in the % field.

But a relatively dumb question from someone who barely got past math in both school and uni, how the hell you get average to show %? Cause I tried the average on of my fields and it just cave me a number of 2.3 on of the fields I tried. My basic formula for % per month is (Total*100)/Month, where Total is Count function from all the fields in the row and month is the number or raids in the month...
    Come to think of it tracking per month seems bit obsolete in the setting I raid with at present, but how can I get the % then if I would loose the # of raids in month field...
    That "*100" when calculating percentages is completely bullshit, don't know whose idea it was to teach it that way. just horrible, but sadly you see it everywhere....

23% IS 0.23, not 23
    Just use "Total Points / Maximal Possible Points", and set the field formatting at percent.
    Would like to give a better advice, but i don't know how you give points to players.

Deleted
    Ok I try to show you in picutres what you need to do

Should be the easiest to do Then mark the cell and apply formatting for other cells.

I also can show you the conditional formatting for the colors I use.

For the percentage I used the color scale with the settings you see there.

This is what the formatting I used for the cells and next I am going to show you the formatting for e.g. the green fields.

EDIT:

Just created a fast Spreadsheet Make a copy and then you can use it! I am not too sure if you can copy the conditional formatting. If not its easy to recreate.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Last edited by mmocffe5e02288; 2016-03-01 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Insert Spreadsheet link