Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    All of which have been trends for decades now, which is why I said annual economic indicators.
    So income technically increases it is a sign of growth, but expenses increase more and it is chalked up to that is just the way of the world? Real adjusted median incomes (how good of a quality of life you can support) are down from 8 years ago. Financially more people are not able to sustain a better lifestyle than they would have been able to 8 years ago.

You're looking at 'social unrest' as an isolated phenomenon rather than exploring why it exists.
    Doesn't change that my question was "how are we are better", not "why Obama isn't at fault for it". I even said that I didn't really think Obama was totally responsible for it. The reason for the unrest is irrelevant, I do not think we would have had nearly as much of it if Obama had never ran and/or McCain had won the 2008 election. And this isn't just normal social unrest, this is disruptive to the point of endangering the country by turning our elections into reality television shows only mildly related to actual issues.
    "You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need"
    ~Vernon Howard

"The truly rich are those who enjoy what they have"
    ~Yiddish Proverb

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by negawonka View Post
    So income technically increases it is a sign of growth, but expenses increase more and it is chalked up to that is just the way of the world? Real adjusted median incomes (how good of a quality of life you can support) are down from 8 years ago. Financially more people are not able to sustain a better lifestyle than they would have been able to 8 years ago.
    Maybe, I dunno, stop fucking electing Republicans into Congress then.

Doesn't change that my question was "how are we are better", not "why Obama isn't at fault for it". I even said that I didn't really think Obama was totally responsible for it. The reason for the unrest is irrelevant, I do not think we would have had nearly as much of it if Obama had never ran and/or McCain had won the 2008 election. And this isn't just normal social unrest, this is disruptive to the point of endangering the country by turning our elections into reality television shows only mildly related to actual issues.
    And the cause of that is something out of anyone's control; the formerly powerful demographic is declining and they are kicking up a fuss as they die. Nothing more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Not while I still draw breath .

Again though, that has nothing to do with Obama being a positive or negative influence on the country. Maybe if he hadn't gotten elected they wouldn't have put into place that travesty of a healthcare act or would have done more to convince companies to expand more instead of trickling out of the country as they could.
    "You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need"
    ~Vernon Howard

"The truly rich are those who enjoy what they have"
    ~Yiddish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by negawonka View Post
    Not while I still draw breath .

Again though, that has nothing to do with Obama being a positive or negative influence on the country. Maybe if he hadn't gotten elected they wouldn't have put into place that travesty of a healthcare act or would have done more to convince companies to expand more instead of trickling out of the country as they could.
    I like you negawonka. Anyone that ants to cancel out the vote of the authoritarian or regressive left is a winner in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Just saying, if he is voted in, you will confirm all stereotypes of the average American being stupid.
    Yet we still lead the world so who is REALLY stupid? I'd say the same idiots that opened up their doors to "multiculturalism".

- - - Updated - - -

And the cause of that is something out of anyone's control; the formerly powerful demographic is declining and they are kicking up a fuss as they die. Nothing more.
    Wrong but if you thinking that is what gets you off at night then more power to ya.

- - - Updated - - -

All of which have been trends for decades now, which is why I said annual economic indicators.

You're looking at 'social unrest' as an isolated phenomenon rather than exploring why it exists.
    Social unrest is happening because lazy people want a free ride