[Legion] Survival Hunter Animation/SFX Showcase

Hi, I do a lot Enhancement videos but I had a great response on my animation video for Enhancement recently so exported the format to some other classes, this time I did Survival (I know it's been around a lot so most have seen this) but thought it would be good to have a comprehensive look at everything in a concise video, in a single place for anyone without Alpha access who want to see it in Legion.

Thanks for sharing. Most of them looks decent enough, Hatchet Toss looks a little weird with the hatchet starting to fly only after the animation is finished, but that could be bugged. I think the lacerate animation would fit better to raptor strike, since it kinda look like that small leap attack raptors perform sometimes.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks!
    Appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by Skayaq View Post
    Thanks for sharing. Most of them looks decent enough, Hatchet Toss looks a little weird with the hatchet starting to fly only after the animation is finished, but that could be bugged. I think the lacerate animation would fit better to raptor strike, since it kinda look like that small leap attack raptors perform sometimes.
    The Hatchet Toss is definitely a little odd, even as an ability now. It's got a delay on the animation start & the SFX only starts up half way through that too (and repeats itself). Lacerate I think has received the leaping animation (shared with high stack MB) because it has a CD & is intended to be a pretty significant damage source so has to feel impactful, though thematically I'd rather think Lacerating someone would involve the sweep that Raptor Strike/4stack MB has, either way though there's a lot of fancy stuff going on for SV.

Abilities like Hatchet Toss seem weird to me, unless we've got some hatchets equipped. But that's just me wanting the game to make sense.

Deleted
    Can you do videos like this for the other hunter specs too?

Thanks for the vid.
    Honestly, they look so... basic. Idk; it's great that there's a polearm artifact but I think the abilities would translate better with dualwielding. Then again, we already have a lot of DW'ing specs.
    I don't feel a lot of "bite" to the attacks. Maybe it's just an audio thing, but it's kind of why I shy away from blunt weapons (i.e. maces). They just don't have that visceral feel to them. Again, probably just me.
    Fury of the Eagle is the same as the Monk's FoF, I'm assuming. Wish it was more of a weapon "twirl", like in the water zone in Cata where you control the Tide Huntress (please correct me if I'm wrong), but with more gust and feathers.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrimjaw View Post
    Can you do videos like this for the other hunter specs too?
    Ideally I'll be going through all the classes now I have a bit more time on my hands, yeah

Survival does look pretty cool with its new animations!

How does it play?
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Can you do one for survival with a Pandaren. I'd like to see how their unique animations look with the updated combat animations.

The Hatchet Toss is definitely a little odd, even as an ability now. It's got a delay on the animation start & the SFX only starts up half way through that too (and repeats itself).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    Ideally I'll be going through all the classes now I have a bit more time on my hands, yeah
    yay /10chars