Looking for help on DPS from high end raiding Balance Druids

I have been raiding boomkin awhile now, but only recently hardcore again. My dps is better than the average bear(lol), but still a little lacking compared to other druids close to my ilvl. My initial thoughts in comparing other parses is that I am not casting enough buffed Starfires. Everything else looks on par. Let me know if there is anything glaring someone notices. Thank you in advance.

most recent parses:
    will not let me post a link to the parses, but I raid on US Proudmoore Eternal Kingdom Vanguard Team.
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/nQfjLHXBprGKMgWy

10+ Year Old Account
    I only looked at fel lord zukuun log: but form that I learnt..

REMOVE GLYPH OF CA RIGHT NOW.

I compared your log to one of mine in January, because we kill the boss alot faster. But even so your cast count is way down. 16 starfires to my 28. 22 wrath to my 24. 13 starsurges to my 15. You only had 8 shooting stars, which is unlucky. You also had really bad trinket RNG. Lust was a little late, which hurts ring dps. You also had a 2:15 fight with only 1 ring, you could have had 2 rull rings, including explosions.

Removing CA glyph will let you cast alot more starfires on pull with inc+ ca + lust and ring. It'll allow for MUCH better burst.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...4&end=10172631 Your log until ring explosion (20 seconds)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...22&end=5216455 our log til ring explosion (19s)

3.7mil difference in the opening 20 seconds.. because of glyph.
    Last edited by xtramuscle; 2016-03-10 at 08:31 PM.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

I took of the CA glyph last night and did a quick Kazzak for a test and did 110k. We are doing our farm raid on Monday night so I will see how it plays out and focus on getting more buffed Starfire casts and see how that works out. Thank you for the feedback and the boomkin love!

Here are a few tips (will avoid saying what that other guy above said):

Fel Lord Zakuun - Your Sunfire uptime was low, it should be close to 99% or better. You should aim to refresh Sunfire every time you are in Solar Eclipse (while refreshing Moonfire every other time you are in Lunar eclipse). Pay attention to your dots and refresh them just before they fall off. You should also reapply both of your dots one to two seconds before CA ends as Sunfire will drop off before you reach Solar again.

Xhul'orac:

Your uptime on the adds with Sunfire was low (Omnus and Akkelion) you should aim again for 99%, but anything over 90% is at least acceptable. You had 72% and 68% on Omnus/Akkelion with your Sunfire, and around 85-86% for both of them on Moonfire. Make sure you are target swapping in Lunar and getting those dots up on them as it is a huge dps boost for you.

I dont know why this has become a thing, but you should NOT be precasting Starfire before the pull, someone has been spreading this miss info around like wildfire. If you need evidence of this just look at any boomkin in the top 20 on any fight, none of them start with Starfire. Your opener should be: Incarnation 3 to 2.5 seconds before pull > Pre-Pot at 2 > Starsurge at 1.5-1 second > Celestial Alignment(don't CA while in the global from your Starsurge) /Apply Dots at Pull > Starfire x2> Starsurge > Starfire x2.

Make sure you are standing nearly max range from the boss when you Starsurge at 1.5-1 second prior to pull as you don't want to pull the boss early.

You should be prioritizing Lunar Empowerments over Solar Empowerments, but not letting yourself cap on Starsurge charges - you should also be mindful about your Starfall having a high uptime on any multi-target fight (like Xhul). For example if you are entering Lunar cycle and Starfall has 6 seconds on it and you have 1 Starsurge, hold the starsurge for a few seconds so that when you shoot it off it'll refresh Starfall and you'll be at a higher point in your Lunar Cycle while you cast empowered Starfires.

Socrethar the Eternal:

You guys only get 1 CD usage on Soc (damn I wish my guild had this good of damage), you should be using class trinket on this boss as the caster adds alone that come out make it worth it, but you can also get some damage on the ghosts when they show up (arguably padding but meh). Not sure if you were just using a stat trinket or what on this kill.

You look like you mostly have it figured out and just need to make some slight adjustments and be a bit more vigilant about your moonfire/sunfire uptimes. Hope you are enjoying Boomkin, its the best spec in the game imo.
    Last edited by Harekrsna; 2016-03-16 at 04:59 PM.

thank you very much for the in depth response. I had always wondered about the opener, as I have read conflicting reports. I did the new opener you suggested last night on our Mythic Archi and then Mythic Reaper. Seemed like the burst was better, but overall I still feel like I am under performing. I am working now on casting more starfires as that seems like the area I am missing it.

warcraftlogs.com/reports/MNLb9FkJB7rapR2v

Quote Originally Posted by Harekrsna View Post
    You should also reapply both of your dots one to two seconds before CA ends as Sunfire will drop off before you reach Solar again.
    Yeah Don't do this, it's a huge waste of a GCD, instead of refreshing your dot's you could squeeze in an extra starfire, which is on average 400k extra damage.

Sunfire also doesn't falloff if you cast it as soon as you go into solar eclipse. Sunfire lasts 24 seconds. CA+Lunar cycle=25 seconds. You apply your dot's on the second GCD after you pop CA so you have about .5 seconds buffer zone at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Russia View Post
    Yeah Don't do this, it's a huge waste of a GCD, instead of refreshing your dot's you could squeeze in an extra starfire, which is on average 400k extra damage.

Sunfire also doesn't falloff if you cast it as soon as you go into solar eclipse. Sunfire lasts 24 seconds. CA+Lunar cycle=25 seconds. You apply your dot's on the second GCD after you pop CA so you have about .5 seconds buffer zone at the end.
    I don't think anyone but Trolls can do that. As a Tauren, my last Starfire starts at 3sec left which leaves me 0.5sec to either refresh DoTs or cast a SS if available and waste the one Starfire empowerment remaining. 99% of the time I refresh dots.

This is for the "default" opening without the occasional 3/3 SS procs that make you overwrite Empowerments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harekrsna View Post
    I dont know why this has become a thing, but you should NOT be precasting Starfire before the pull, someone has been spreading this miss info around like wildfire. If you need evidence of this just look at any boomkin in the top 20 on any fight, none of them start with Starfire. Your opener should be: Incarnation 3 to 2.5 seconds before pull > Pre-Pot at 2 > Starsurge at 1.5-1 second > Celestial Alignment(don't CA while in the global from your Starsurge) /Apply Dots at Pull > Starfire x2> Starsurge > Starfire x2.
    How is using starfire for the opener bad? If you use starsurge for prepull you don't even get the 44% damage increase for it. To get the starsurge opener to be worth it you need to get the ring used at 0 seconds and you need to get the starsurge proc before using it again. Also, if you are using IG, you want it to be up the whole ring, so you wouldn't use it on the opener. That's why I personally use starfire opener.

I could be wrong though about this, but it's been working for me though.