Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Can't believe no one has mentioned Grim Dawn. Its similar to Diablo but its a lot more cerebral. When you first start you pick a class, play until level ten then pick another class to combine with the first class you chose to make a completely new class. From that point on you build your new class by assigning skill points to complement your play style. I completely stopped playing wow and have been playing this non stop. Its really a great game.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxulos View Post
    It's not just you, Wildstar apparently can't do it anymore either.
    Weird, I thought the F2P / cash shop was a proven success over subscriptions. Huh.

There's no question that a skill or grind focused MMO is going to have a limited playerbase appeal. The forefathers of this genre had, by today's expectations, paltry playerbase populations even in the best of times.

I actually look forward to the day this genre simply falls off the mass market radar (it's arguably already happening). Expectations will get adjusted, and you'll see better games come out because of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I felt incredibly burned out the past 6 or so months. Like you, I couldn't find a game that interested me yet others loved. I would play games like MGSV for just a few hours, and while I was having a lot of fun, I didn't feel like being on my computer.

That is until my birthday being a few days ago - my girlfriend surprised me with a 4K monitor. For whatever reason, that has revitalized gaming for me. I'm not saying to go buy an accessory, but just something as simple as changing the way I looked at a video game made my excitement for playing them come back. I don't know where I'm getting at but simply just sharing a story!

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    I tried Wildstar yesterday ... I can't do it. I can't do the linear quest lines grind anymore.

I look at the Steam store. Nothing really stands out for me.

Now what?
    I'm assuming you have already, but TF2 is pretty fun. I usually play it when I'm bored of MMOs.

That, or do the other thing like go outside and hang with friends/other people.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-03-12 at 07:09 PM.

Deleted
    Well I just decided I'm burned out with WoW.

I was in this HFC hc guild run and mid raid it just hit me "You know what? Fuck this shit!" and just exited the game right there and quit teamspeak too. Didn't even say a word about it, and I don't think I'll be logging in until Legion, fuck my auctions too.

Deleted
    Get a girlfriend.

Deleted
    Yep, thats why I quit MMOs mostly. Theyre just really boring and feel pointless. I mean a MMO fantasy life simulator type MMO would be amazing, where youre just dropped off into the world and can choose your path, even if its a shopkeeper but they dont really make those.

theres lots of different games u can try.

diablo 2 -old but its only $10 now, kickass game and even the sound/music keeps it alive and fun, single player offline option available. u can multiplayer too if you want.
    diablo 3 - much more impressive graphics, more runes and skill options to try. not free and costs like $50 + expansion

strategy games:
    command and conquerer series: these are strategic war games, developed by EA and they are now completely free. build your forces, destroy your enemies, etc
    http://www.cncnz.com/features/freewa...conquer-games/

Swtor - also free, stands for star wars knights of the old republic. kickass voice acting, decent combat and enemies, fun pvp, awesome graphics and great cutscenes. also choose your way gameplay. you dont need to buy any expacs either.

Project N64 emulators: free again, you can download the pj64 emulator and play some awesome N64 games like GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, Super Mario 64, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Super Smash Bros, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Windowmaker View Post
    Well I just decided I'm burned out with WoW.

I was in this HFC hc guild run and mid raid it just hit me "You know what? Fuck this shit!" and just exited the game right there and quit teamspeak too. Didn't even say a word about it, and I don't think I'll be logging in until Legion, fuck my auctions too.
    Not gonna lie I did that with my guild, only thing I did differently was I waited until the end of the run, quit vent, logged out and unsubbed. Definitely getting tired of the endless grinding/grinding for no reason in MMOs.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Weird, I thought the F2P / cash shop was a proven success over subscriptions. Huh.
    Actually from this video

Wildstar has probably the most awesome F2P / cash shop on the market, it probably played a part in me trying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Stardew Valley, if you ever enjoyed Harvest Moon on any level you'll love it.
    Just saw the AVGN Mike's video on it. Looks interesting. Maybe.

PS: Also tempted to sub to FFXIV for a month to run around and take in the sights and sounds for old time sakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Yep, thats why I quit MMOs mostly. Theyre just really boring and feel pointless. I mean a MMO fantasy life simulator type MMO would be amazing, where youre just dropped off into the world and can choose your path, even if its a shopkeeper but they dont really make those.
    This is the problem with themepark MMOs ... you can't live in a themepark.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Get a girlfriend.
    The id is willing but the ego and superego is weak.

The flesh is ... a mess. /sigh
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Quote Originally Posted by smiteme12 View Post
    wait for pokemon go to come out and then travel the world and be the very best like no one ever was
    I ended up getting a 3DS along with the past 4 pokemon games and pokemon Yellow recently. That was my response to not playing WoW and looking at the Steam store and going "meh".

Got until the end of the year to get as many as possible to transfer over to Sun/Moon. Waiting to see version exclusives, but I'm already leaning towards Moon.

Read a book, take up drawing, go hiking. Plenty of other stuff to take up aside from gaming. I picked up amateur photography and mix it with hiking or walking, gets me outside, gets me looking at stuff I might normally have missed or glossed over.

Deleted
    same here, wow is garbage, dont feel like playing legion alpha, i dont feel like buying division i feel like its dead in 1-2 weeks just like most games nowdays and i fucking hate paying for DLCS, got bored of the culling within 3 hours, logged in to eso to try lvl a class and i couldnt decide what to play, now im just afk lvling in runescape while watching streams on twitch..

I'm in the same boat as you, not paying any subs or buying any games as nothing seems to get me started. So I started playing guitar again, seems to be going well, so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    As Miles Davis once said, "If you don't know what to play, play nothing".
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post

There's no question that a skill or grind focused MMO is going to have a limited playerbase appeal. The forefathers of this genre had, by today's expectations, paltry playerbase populations even in the best of times.

I actually look forward to the day this genre simply falls off the mass market radar (it's arguably already happening). Expectations will get adjusted, and you'll see better games come out because of it.
    When an MMO is so bad that not even going f2p makes people want to play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Get a girlfriend.
    What if the girlfriend is a Wildstar addict? Oops!
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    What if the girlfriend is a Wildstar addict? Oops!
    Well that's a deal breaker right there. I can accept a lot of things that most men won't, but this is where I draw the line.

Deleted
    I recommend watching Walking Dead and playing the Ukulele (at the same time if you like)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Windowmaker View Post
    Well that's a deal breaker right there. I can accept a lot of things that most men won't, but this is where I draw the line.
    Well, replace Wildstar with Starcraft 2 - and the girl has a marriage coming up!