Question Simulationcraft- Stat Values

Hi,

I was trying to figure out which item combination was better for my warrior: Warforged Chestguard of Ill Fate + set shoulder or set chest + Doomcrier's Shoulderplates. So I use good old simcraft to get some help. After calculating my values, simcraft gave me the fallowing stat factors:

10.59 Str.
    10.50 Haste
    10.02 Mult.
    9.68 Crit
    9.40 AP
    9.38 Mastery
    8.94 Vers.

I was wondering, why Mastery is so far down, can those values really be correct? Or are my settings wrong? Thanks to anyone, who takes the time to answer me.

Greetings Askandor

That´s because the more mastery you have, the lower it will go in value. But if you remove some, it will be best again... Maths, huh.

Deleted
    Hey Askandor

I'm not sure why stat values are relevant/meaningful.
    Isn't it better to just sim the 2 armor combinations, for the type of fight you are interested in, with the specific fight lenghs you expect, and see under which circumstances which gives the higher dps?

In fact, I am not sure why stat values are ever useful, could anyone give an example?

[edit]
    I understand the rule of thumb stat priorities is very useful, i,e.
    "Crit(30% Buffed)>Mastery>=Crit>=MS>=Haste>Vers"
    (at the very least you don't waste a load of time simming unnecessary combinations)

Qob
    Last edited by mmoc129305dbce; 2016-03-12 at 01:38 PM.

Hi Qob

Yeah, you are right, your suggestion is the best way to figure out which items are better/best. I was just curious on why mastery went down so much, I thought after reaching 30% crit, mastery would always be the best stat. I didn't know it had diminishing returns.