Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I worked in the industry for some time during my life, the answer is no.
    I suppose i should clarify. Back in my more youthful days I've seen some serious shit while working in the food industry. A part of me still believes that when you get a bunch of kids making minimum wage it probably still happens. However, my wife is a chef at a expensive steakhouse and she has never seen any wrong doing there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fucking hated some customers but no I would never mess with their food. I'll just take my sweet ass time preparing it since you're already yelling at me and my manager, what more can you do? Call corporate? Just lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skaiz View Post
    I suppose i should clarify. Back in my more youthful days I've seen some serious shit while working in the food industry. A part of me still believes that when you get a bunch of kids making minimum wage it probably still happens. However, my wife is a chef at a expensive steakhouse and she has never seen any wrong doing there.
    That's fair. I have only worked for a few mom & pop restaurants. In those places, the employees didn't always have the best work ethic. But in the chains I worked for, they seemed to take it a little more seriously.

So it really depends on the environment, and the staff. I wouldn't really doubt that there are people who would do such things. I fortunately didn't have to drag anyone out back to flip out on them though.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaiz View Post
    Work in the industry for some time during your life, the answer is yes.
    And I'll fire anyone on the spot if I catch them messing with my food.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Deleted
    This thread made me want pizza... I really shouldn't, but pizza! D:

10+ Year Old Account
    My friend is a chef, he gets pretty pissed if the waiters/waitress mess with the costumer foods. So it does happen, apparently, the frequency however is unknown to me.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Mentia View Post
    I used to deliver pizza and we kept a "black list" for address who tipped very poorly or not at all. They always got their food last and I didn't bother to go easy around turns.
    You should take it up with your employer, you know the person who charges me a delivery fee, and screws you out of it?

I do not get much delivery food, as I live close to stuff, but on the occasion I do, if the place charges a fee to deliver you will not get tipped, I will tell you why, and tell you to take it up with them.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    You should take it up with your employer, you know the person who charges me a delivery fee, and screws you out of it?

I do not get much delivery food, as I live close to stuff, but on the occasion I do, if the place charges a fee to deliver you will not get tipped, I will tell you why, and tell you to take it up with them.
    I'm totally ok with this.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    My sisters friend used to spit phlegm into annoying customers food...

I worked in bars/restaurants for a good 15 years and yes, it happens. I've never done it, but I've seen people do it.

It was free delivery. Just a local pizzeria.

Quote Originally Posted by Mentia View Post
    It was free delivery. Just a local pizzeria.
    Well, thats its own thing.

I worked at subway in high School.

If someone came through the drivethrough and they said they wanted 'everything' then drove up to the window (and I was having a bad day) I would literally put all the veggies and ALL the sauces on it. It would turn into this disgusting soupy mess. (and its drive through, so they wou8ld probably be miles away before they realized it.

The delivery fee is more for liability insurance. The driver likely doesn't see a penny.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    The delivery fee is more for liability insurance. The driver likely doesn't see a penny.
    Yeh I know, hence
    charges me a delivery fee, and screws you out of it?
    I am not paying for delivery 2 times, simple as that. What that fee is for is moot, its called, "delivery fee", that means I am paying for that delivery. If the drivers are not getting some/all of that thats not on me. As a consumer I paid a fee to have food delivered.

Rarely comes up though, I think I have food delivered 3 times a year maybe, and its typically from a small place that has no fee, so I tip.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    This thread made me want pizza... I really shouldn't, but pizza! D:
    lets get some pizza!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Yeah, don't fuck with your customers food, after all they pay for your wage.
    Don't fuck with the service staff then... IT GOES BOTH WAYS MATE.

You act like a pissy prick to a waitress and she's going to give you shitty service because you ASKED FOR IT.

Do unto others as you would have others do unto you. Don't know what that means?
    TREAT OTHERS THE WAY YOU WANT TO BE TREATED.

ACT LIKE AN ASSHOLE AND YOU GET TREATED LIKE ONE.

Something tells me that you're the type of person who's made this statement:
    "everywhere I go, I get such bad service"

GUESS WHAT THE RECURRING THEME IS IN THAT STATEMENT???? YOU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    Don't fuck with the service staff then... IT GOES BOTH WAYS MATE.

You act like a pissy prick to a waitress and she's going to give you shitty service because you ASKED FOR IT.

Do unto others as you would have others do unto you. Don't know what that means?
    TREAT OTHERS THE WAY YOU WANT TO BE TREATED.

ACT LIKE AN ASSHOLE AND YOU GET TREATED LIKE ONE.

Something tells me that you're the type of person who's made this statement:
    "everywhere I go, I get such bad service"

GUESS WHAT THE RECURRING THEME IS IN THAT STATEMENT???? YOU
    Does someone have to be nice in order for someone else to do his/her job?
    Your job as a waiter is to provide a fun evening with good service.
    Regardless of you serving the best guy in the world or a douche. Regardless of someone giving you big tips.

Doctors cant give shitty treatments to people they dont like.
    Customer service cant say "figure it out on your own" when someone is mad one the phone.
    Bus drivers cant tell people to walk because they dont like the way they are greeted.
    You cant provide shitty service because you dont get treated like a special snowflake.

Do your job.
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2016-03-16 at 07:37 PM.

I worked at a few food places during high school. People did fuck with the food of assholes; dandruff, spit, sweat, etc... No/low tippers didn't get anything nasty done to their food, but they certainly received worse service.

In my adult years I've avoided eating out most of the time. I don't trust food workers even the tiniest bit. While I don't intend to be an asshole, you never know if someone will fuck with the food just to be a dick regardless of how you act or whether or not you tip.
    Last edited by Blur4stuff; 2016-03-16 at 07:38 PM.

Yes and the people who does should find another fucking job. I don't care how disgruntled or petty you are, if you work in the food industry hygiene is the top priority so anyone who show this disgusting behavior near food should not be allowed to work anywhere near food.