Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    The point in the post you're responding to was, maybe you shouldn't order something expensive when it's going to break your wallet.
    I know. My point was that they did infact have the money for what they planned to buy. Just not random amount of extras on top of it.

Imagine it like this: I want a pizza with delivery, and pay it with cash. I go get 20 euros from atm for that. That alone says nothing on whether it breaks me or not. Maybe it was my last 20, maybe I have 500 times more? Who knows, but that 20 I got for the pizza. Now I order the pizza with extra dip and topping, totaling at 19.4 (accurate). Do I have enough for tipping decent amount from that 20 I got?
    Last edited by Azadina; 2016-03-17 at 11:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

In the service we kept a few bottles of visine hidden in the wardroom gally. 2 very low ranking officers acted like 18th century nobles. These two dumbshits would make absurd request and insist being an officer was justification enough. So the day before hitting ports they got the visine in their food. Hard to enjoy your time off when you are stuck on the shitter.

So yeah, it happens of course. But almost never unprovoked.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Tipping is stupid. Why make it mandatory to pay more than needed? I can understand tipping for outstanding service but not forced.

On the other side, If I want to buy something for 9.99 and I only have 9.98 with me I wouldnt get the item.
    Uh what? It might be completely different where you live but if I'm off by 10 cents or even 20 people around here let it slide all the time.

Deleted
    I worked 3 years (only summerjob, about Easter - All Saint's Day) in a bar, and one summer in a hotel/restaurant, and we never messed with people's food.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    I've heard that rude and overly picky customers get everything ranging from spit, ball sweat, snot, poop smears, and even jizz on their food.

People with experience in the food and beverage industry, is this true? Have you done this and/or seen it?
    http://www.cnbc.com/2016/03/14/man-c...ogg-plant.html

I've worked in several restaurants and I have personally never once seen or heard of this happening. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but it doesn't happen as often as people like you to believe. Whenever anyone asks "IS IT TRUE PEOPLE FUCK WITH YOUR FOOD", the answers will always be overwhelmingly "yes", even if people are just making shit up.

What's far, far more common is that people are going to just do disgusting, non-malevolent things like not washing their hands after using the bathroom before handling your food, or scratching their sweaty head/body/crotch and then touching your food, or touching their mouths and then touching your food, etc.

I'm sure it probably happens, but as someone who worked in a restaurant for 3 years, I can say it didn't happen where I worked. I did report a guy who worked with me to the boss once because he talked about how he was gonna do it to some guy who sent a steak back complaining it wasn't well enough.

Could also get you jail time if you get caught. Either way...if I ever found out someone spit in my food, I'd be the next one getting charged with a crime. That's fucking disgusting, and anyone who does it over a minor offense like "I know this guy is a bad tipper" should not be working anywhere near a restaurant.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I worked in food service I didn't have the bloody time to fuck with people's food, much as I wanted to, and even there were recurring customers that I had to deal with. I was just too damn busy. When I finally had a free minute, it was because there were no customers, so noone to fuck with!
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    And that is exactly why tipping should be abolished.
    No, not at all. You tip for when you receive or expect people to provide you with service beyond their obligations. These people who were "black listed" simply got their food last and I didn't go out of my way to be extra careful around turns. If their order was my only delivery when I went out, they wouldn't receive a late delivery. But if there were multiple orders, I would go out of my way to provide preferential treatment to people who tipped and the non-tippers wouldn't. Simple as that.

Short answer yes

Long answer not really

People that don't tip deserve it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Short answer yes

Long answer not really

People that don't tip deserve it
    And people who spit on food deserve to be fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Does someone have to be nice in order for someone else to do his/her job?
    Your job as a waiter is to provide a fun evening with good service.
    Regardless of you serving the best guy in the world or a douche. Regardless of someone giving you big tips.

Doctors cant give shitty treatments to people they dont like.
    Customer service cant say "figure it out on your own" when someone is mad one the phone.
    Bus drivers cant tell people to walk because they dont like the way they are greeted.
    You cant provide shitty service because you dont get treated like a special snowflake.

Do your job.
    Im happy to do my job. Im just going to talk shit about you the moment you leave, and warn others about the bitch or dumbass customer when you come back. I also never feel bad if you're not satisfied with my service. I hope your day continues to be shit. I'll do my job to the best of my ability, but if you dont like it and your an asshole to me just know I no longer give a fuck about your feelings either.

Worked in a restaurant for a short time when I was a teenager. Standard procedure for rude customers was just to put them on the bottom of the lists for requests. No self respecting food establishment would mess with the food, that's risking your entire business and shows the customer they were right. Someone willing to mess with food just proves they didn't deserve any respect anyway.

While messing with food is just diabolical practice I must admit I never will understand why someone would be rude to someone handling their food behind closed doors, I don't like calling people stupid but...

Deleted
    I poop in your pizza.

Yes it happens

10+ Year Old Account
    In all the years I worked in the restaurant industry I never saw this, nor even heard about it from others, across multiple restaurants. At worst, waiters might just decide not to refill a drink, or might be slow about getting the food to the table or something.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    If you need tips to get enough money from your job you did something wrong or better your country fucked up hard.

Get caught 1 time and your place is closed and you get sued. Not really worth it.

still doesn't change the fact that it happens

During my roughly three and a half years in food service at a couple of places, I've only had firsthand experience of it twice.

The first time I wasn't personally witness to because I was moving shit around in the back at the time but I heard graphic details of it. It was really late and we were about 20 min away closing with just an early 50's woman+her late-teens/early 20's daughter and four drunk frat boys.

The frat boys were rude, demanding about when their shit would be ready, loud, and kept hitting on their waitress(a very sweet and classy girl I was FWB with for a while and remained friends with for a few years after she got engaged till we just lost touch) and the young daughter after being rejected repeatedly. The cooks fucked with their food pretty bad. Kicking it across the floor, throwing to each other and intentionally not catching it, putting small amounts of shit they specifically asked not to have on it.

They got the food and started eating, still being loud and obnoxious. The mother and daughter ate pretty quick then left so it was just them. Usually when we got near closing we'd deny new customers and let current customers finish up, but in the case of those chuckleheads we gave them the smallest crappiest to-go boxes we had, told them to pay, and kicked them out. What I heard I wouldn't have been surprised if they felt like shit the next day. The manager was on the phone at the time and never found out, but knowing him I don't think he would have cared anyway. He was pretty laid-back and like a year from retiring so he let a lot of shit slide.

The second time was at a different place and I did witness it. A waitress dumped a tiny bit of the food in the garbage then spit in their drinks and the remaining food. The manager saw it, made her apologize to the people the food was for, then fired her immediately afterward. She gathered up her shit and left practically in tears while new food was prepared.

To this day I don't know why she did it. The people it was going to were this older couple who were regulars. They were always respectful and tipped decently. Maybe she just was just having a bad day or something. She was a solid 9 and kind of a bitch so I think she was just used to coasting through life on her looks and wasn't good at handling people who could care less about them.

Aside from that I heard a few stories but I have my doubts about most of them being true. The most that usually happened was shitty customers would have to wait longer for their food.

Underpouring and receiving slightly warm beers wasn't uncommon for shitty/poorly tipping customers at this one bar I was a regular at for a few years though.
    Last edited by Erbel; 2016-03-17 at 03:53 PM.