Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gudovan View Post
    Probably when the retcon time travel where broxigar got the enchanted wood axe. War of the ancients I think? Kalec thrall brox?
    But Noz fixed the timeways afterward, letting those changes to be part of the Prime Universe. At least it seemed at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    and how the hell would Illidan kill Archimonde and Kil'jaden????
    His Illidari (The top tier we haven't even seen yet) and the demon hunter initiates that line the walls of Black Temple. Plus Vashj and her Naga, Plus Kael'thas and his blood elves, plus his Fel orcs. Illidan had a pretty substantial army by the time we crossed into Outland.

He probably would have bound the Eredar Lords the same way he seized Magtheridon, only he would have killed them, rather than imprisoning.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Chronicles and this book are making me question my loyalty....sargeras killed planets that defy him but let others live, like argus and nathreza, but illidan just made an entire species endangered, yeah they were manipulative but...Jesus Christ....I'm so conflicted!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    His Illidari (The top tier we haven't even seen yet) and the demon hunter initiates that line the walls of Black Temple. Plus The Naga, Plus Kael'thas and his blood elves, plus his fel orcs. Illidan had a pretty substantial army by the time we crossed into Outland.
    Kael left the Illidari right after TFT, it seems.

10+ Year Old Account
    "It confirms the "only one Legion across all realities" stuff, and explains how that works, and that Archimonde is still alive after Warcraft III."

Hope it explains it sufficiently. If we accept that AU exist similar to ours, then a minimum of two Velen, up to an infinite amount fled from Argus and fled from two, up to an infinite amounts of versions of Archimonde and Kil'jaeden (assuming of course that their history is the same as ours). But lets take it at face value. If AU Velen and the AU Draenei ended up on AU Draenor, then they arrived there after fleeing from AU Archimonde and AU Kil'jaeden. No matter what, there once existed two version of Velen. Correct me if I'm wrong of course.

So if there were two Velen, then surely there were two Archmonde and two Kil'Jaeden (again, correct me if I'm wrong). Archimonde surviving past Warcraft III can be explained by him being a demon and not being defeated in an appropriate area, but what I'm incredibly curious about is if the novel will explain how our Archimonde is the one in AU Draenor if another Archimonde existed in that universe to cause our Archimonde to have a reason at all to appear on AU Draenor.

Man, typing all of that has hurt my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Kael left the Illidari right after TFT, it seems.
    Really? That from the book? Always thought Kael stuck around much longer, but I suppose you're right, considering Illidan sends you to kill Al'ar
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

-Illidan's master plan which would have succeeded if a raid group didn't kill him, was to open a portal to Argus and kill Archimonde and Kil'jaeden there.
    Oh fuck. I'm kinda hyped for that.

That would be kind of badass, going to their realm and killing both of the Sargeras Left and Right hands there.

Deleted
    First, Illidian was shown as a risky person to release, and became villainous at the one map you could play as him in Warcraft 3. In TFT, his actions gained vindication, he saved an elven nation from extinction, rallied the draenei together and became one of the best and most complex anti-heroes of Warcraft Lore.

Then they violated him and simplified him into a villain just so he could be fought in TBC. (Something they'd repeat for The Lich King in WotLK)

Now it seems they're actually flopping BACK AROUND, and giving him a shred of his old self. This is good to see, but at this point, he's more floppy than the eighties. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Really? That from the book? Always thought Kael stuck around much longer, but I suppose you're right, considering Illidan sends you to kill Al'ar
    Yep, it's from the spoilers.

- - - Updated - - -

The curious is that the Nathrezim have a homeworld, that means they weren't original demons?

Raiding Black Temple never made sense to me. I remember arguing on WoW forums back in BC that killing Illidan was a bad idea, since he's actively fighting the Legion and poses no direct threat to any of the player races or factions. I guess I'm vindicated eight years later?

Haha oh man, Illidan blew up the Nathrezim homeworld? That's.. uhh.. really fucked up

Deleted
    damn,I know that Illidan is a badass but this is a whole different level of a bad assnes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    I keep reading this and I don't know where the "Ner'zhul destroyed a planet" came from. All he did was to open multiple portals on a very rotten Draenor that would die anyway sooner or later.
    So Illidan also opened a ton of portals and destroyed a world taking from what we learned on Draenor. It wasn't Nerzhul's intent granted, but it inspired the use by Illidan.

Yes Blizzard, feed me with juicy Lore.

FEEEEEEEEEEED MEEEEEEEEEEEE GOOD LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE.

Also he blew up the homeworld of the Nathrezim? Even Sargeras had problems with them which drove him insane, I stink that was retconned though. Probably in the Chronicle I haven't read yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Erathil View Post
    Raiding Black Temple never made sense to me. I remember arguing on WoW forums back in BC that killing Illidan was a bad idea, since he's actively fighting the Legion and poses no direct threat to any of the player races or factions. I guess I'm vindicated eight years later?
    Like one the characters say in the OP, Illidan is a madman, fuelled to obtaining power regardless of the consequences of his actions. He does a lot of bad shit. In outland alone he gave Orcs the bloodrage again from Magtheridons blood and he invaded and destroyed Shattrath City for no good reason.

But yes I can only hazard a guess we are accepting the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" approach with Illidan this time around in Legion in light of Azeroth being directly invaded again.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2016-03-16 at 11:21 PM.

No you aren't because he oppressed, tormented, and killed the people of Outland and made their life a living hell. So yeah it was a good idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Yes Blizzard, feed me with juicy Lore.

FEEEEEEEEEEED MEEEEEEEEEEEE GOOD LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE.

Also he blew up the homeworld of the Nathrezim? Even Sargeras had problems with them which drove him insane, I stink that was retconned though. Probably in the Chronicle I haven't read yet.
    It's been retconned like twice now lol. Now it's the Void Lords who drove him insane and the Naztherim originally worshipped them, but joined Sarg.

Deleted
    Illidan's regime on Outland was no paradise. Sargeras also want to fight the "greater evil".

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    No you aren't because he oppressed, tormented, and killed the people of Outland and made their life a living hell. So yeah it was a good idea.

- - - Updated - - -

It's been retconned like twice now lol. Now it's the Void Lords who drove him insane and the Naztherim originally worshipped them, but joined Sarg.
    Void Lords? Are the Old Gods from the Void? Wtf are Void Lords.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    No you aren't because he oppressed, tormented, and killed the people of Outland and made their life a living hell.
    For a second I thought you are talking about AU Grommash... you know, the one that enslaved, murdered and sacrificed draenei and used them as a battery for dark portal aaaaand gout out of it without any punishment :P

Also I really really really dislike the fact that

-It confirms the "only one Legion across all realities" stuff, and explains how that works, and that Archimonde is still alive after Warcraft III.
    Blizz never stops to amaze me how can they rape their own lore

I guess I'm vindicated eight years later?
    If we ignore:

1.He wanted to conquer Shattrath
    2.Enslaved the Broken on Outland
    3.Naga under his command wanted to drain all water in Outland
    4.Captured Mag'har Orcs and turned them into Fel Orcs
    5.Gave Teron Gorefiend a sanctuary
    6.Told the Dragonmaw to enslave the Netherwing
    7.Presumably created / enslaved the Reliquiary of Souls, whatever this thing is, it's fucked up

There are probably more things, but that should already suffice to consider Illidan a "bad guy".

Never liked Nathrezim. They seemed like an idea Blizzard had way back in the early days that kinda had to be worked into being demonic. Very obvious they have a Transylvania vampire motif to them (Disguising as humans, turning into bats, command of the Undead). I'm glad they're mostly dead now c:

But still, now lores kinda confusing if the Dreadlords were originally enslaved and sparred by the Legion. Because they've always been malicious demons in the current canon.