Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    If we ignore:

1.He wanted to conquer Shattrath
    2.Enslaved the Broken on Outland
    3.Naga under his command wanted to drain all water in Outland
    4.Captured Mag'har Orcs and turned them into Fel Orcs
    5.Gave Teron Gorefiend a sanctuary
    6.Told the Dragonmaw to enslave the Netherwing
    7.Presumably created / enslaved the Reliquiary of Souls, whatever this thing is, it's fucked up

There are probably more things, but that should already suffice to consider Illidan a "bad guy".
    we don't know that.it could be Kael's doing.Illidan used Reliquiary of Souls to sate demons hunger for magic and bind them to his will.
    Last edited by mmocbee06df292; 2016-03-16 at 11:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    But still, now lores kinda confusing if the Dreadlords were originally enslaved and sparred by the Legion. Because they've always been malicious demons in the current canon.
    It's not confusing at all, with the Warcraft Chronicle. Their knowledge of the void is perfect for Sargeras.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonBallfan View Post
    we don't know that.it could be Kael's doing.
    This time, the attack [on Shattrath City] came from the armies of Illidan Stormrage.
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Scryers

It happened when Kael'thas and Illidan were still Allies.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonBallfan View Post
    Illidan used Reliquiary of Souls to sate demons hunger for magic and bind them to his will.
    Doesn't make it any less fucked up.

The only creature that is similiar (or nearly identical) to the Reliquiary of Souls is the Devourer of Souls in the Forge of souls.

The dark industries Bronjahm carries out in the Forge of Souls produce tortured, fragmented spirits. To prevent their escape, and use every scrap of the damned, the Lich King created the Devourer of Souls. The Devourer of Souls hunts and consumes the stray spirits, and slowly breaks them down within its terrible form. The consumed souls are driven mad with anguish and suffering, but the Devourer's hunger is never sated.
    If Illidan used a similiar method as the LK to create that thing, then it's, as said above, fucked up.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2016-03-16 at 11:41 PM.

Deleted
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Scryers

It happened when Kael'thas and Illidan were still Allies.

Doesn't make it any less fucked up.

The only creature that is similiar (or nearly identical) to the Reliquiary of Souls is the Devourer of Souls in the Forge of souls.

If Illidan used a similiar method as the LK to create that thing, then it's, as said above, fucked up.
    oh thanks.in the novel Kael disappeared shortly after TFT.he went into Netherstorm and disappeared.

I think that Illidan used the final Vial of the Well of Eternity to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Never liked Nathrezim. They seemed like an idea Blizzard had way back in the early days that kinda had to be worked into being demonic. Very obvious they have a Transylvania vampire motif to them (Disguising as humans, turning into bats, command of the Undead). I'm glad they're mostly dead now c:

But still, now lores kinda confusing if the Dreadlords were originally enslaved and sparred by the Legion. Because they've always been malicious demons in the current canon.
    I wonder if any notable Naztherim were on the planet when it went boom. I mean we know in Legion some of them are making an appearance, but it counted as a fel world so according to what is said in this book it doesn't have to be the nether just a fel world.

nathreza version of outlands expansion pls
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a lot of new planets being mentioned between chronicles and this book, the universe really is expansive. Though I guess a planet like Argus would still be considered the most important. (Even more here since it confirms that the HQ for Kil'jaeden and Archi)

Since we now have confirmation that Argus is more or less intact, we could totally portal our way there for an expansion to kick Kil'jaeden's big red ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Building some thoughts in my mind, and the layground for the Avatar being the last boss in Legion is really building. It reeks of Kil'jaeden being set to permantely die in Argus with the Illidari's help after Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyF1069 View Post
    So if there were two Velen, then surely there were two Archmonde and two Kil'Jaeden (again, correct me if I'm wrong). Archimonde surviving past Warcraft III can be explained by him being a demon and not being defeated in an appropriate area, but what I'm incredibly curious about is if the novel will explain how our Archimonde is the one in AU Draenor if another Archimonde existed in that universe to cause our Archimonde to have a reason at all to appear on AU Draenor.
    There are multiple Velens, which might means there are multiple Archimonde / KJ as well, but that doesn't mean there would be multiple *demon* Archimonde / KJ. There are plenty of ways to explain it going by what I've read. The issue is just whether the readers are open enough for these ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Void Lords? Are the Old Gods from the Void? Wtf are Void Lords.
    You haven't read the Chronicle book or the thread, have you? :P
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

If we ignore:

1.He wanted to control Shattrath
    2.Liberated the Broken on Outland
    3.Naga under his command wanted to drain all water in Outland for themselves tho
    4.Captured Mag'har Orcs and turned them into Fel Orcs for more numbers to fight the demons
    5.Gave Teron Gorefiend a sanctuary instead of waste a useful weapon he could control
    6.Told the Dragonmaw to enslave the Netherwing to use for the greater good of destroying the legioin
    7.Presumably created / enslaved the Reliquiary of Souls, whatever this thing is, it's fucked up

There are probably more things, but that should already suffice to consider Illidan a"bad guy".
    fixed. but it's quite the twist, it's probably how Illidan views the whole thing - i am hopging despite his intentions and goals, people do see these actions are evil, even with the motive taken into account

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    fixed. but it's quite the twist, it's probably how Illidan views the whole thing - i am hopging despite his intentions and goals, people do see these actions are evil, even with the motive taken into account
    Sargeras also wants to destroy the entire universe for the "greater good".

It's very simple, we were attacked by the Illidari the moment we set a foot on Outland, they became our enemies. Nothing more.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2016-03-17 at 12:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apperantly there will be an explanation for the Den of Delights. Lewd( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) . I imagine it was for Illidan to try and forget Tyrande.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Apperantly there will be an explanation for the Den of Delights. Lewd( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) . I imagine it was for Illidan to try and forget Tyrande.
    They'll wuss out and say that it was for the blood elf illidari living in the temple, and that Illidan was above such base activities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    They'll wuss out and say that it was for the blood elf illidari living in the temple, and that Illidan was above such base activities.
    Probably. And tbh, I hope hes already over her.

Illidan the Betrayer

More like

Illidan The Savior

- - - Updated - - -

It's pretty obvious. Mother is the madam and the Demon hunters and even the orcs have lustful appetites. And the concubines are just so willing to please....

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowspire View Post
    Chronicles and this book are making me question my loyalty....sargeras killed planets that defy him but let others live, like argus and nathreza, but illidan just made an entire species endangered, yeah they were manipulative but...Jesus Christ....I'm so conflicted!!
    #DreadlordLivesMatter

Couple more points from RSG

I bet we'll find a way to help him get through, regarding point 2.
    I bet Maiev bound his soul to a trinket
    Ferlion <level 85 Druid - Proudmoore>
    Formerly known as the Warlock Shadowsouled - Windrunner

Proud poster of the Story Forums. I got your faction wank right here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ruinshin View Post
    I bet Maiev bound his soul to a trinket
    what trinket????

I think red shirt guys looking into it far too much, Illidan's had quite a bit of hype and he's featured on the legion box, I've never known someone featured on the box to not play a big role, Illidan will be back. He's also got it wrong, Gul'dan didn't do shit to Illidan at black rook hold, neither of them were there on the alpha that's handled via Jarod and Maiev. Illidan was being kept in the vault of the warden's there's a little cutscene with Gul'dan and Cordana approaching Illidan in there.

Illidan also received a model update, I can't see him getting that treatment and not returning.