Warcraft 3 patch - working with higher resolutions?

hi - I can't seem to find any info on this, did Warcraft 3 with that recent patch got a support for high resolution and widescreen support?

Not sure - mine runs at 2560x1440x32, but I can't remember if that's new or if it was like that last time i played (last year sometime?). This is on OSX though, it might be different on Windows.

Warcraft 3 has had larger resolution support for few years now
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Warcraft 3 has had larger resolution support for few years now
    didn't know that - last time I checked it didn't support other rations than 4:3
    but if that's true - did it get an asset upgrade with the patch? better textures perhaps?

10+ Year Old Account
    Played Warcraft 3 in UHD (3840x2160) just a few months ago. So yes, the latest patch has a full HRes support of, at least, up to UHD. Granted, with the aspect ratios other than 4:3, the image simply stretches a bit, so, strictly speaking, it is not "true widescreen".
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by hlx View Post
    didn't know that - last time I checked it didn't support other rations than 4:3
    but if that's true - did it get an asset upgrade with the patch? better textures perhaps?
    No but I tend to think the game looks just fine.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988