Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Also, Reyes is wearing head to toe armour, speaking through some kind of synthesiser (or voodoo magic?) and lost his bad guy Van Dyke.

I guess his armour is pretty similar (is that even unique to him?), otherwise he's unrecognisable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    What I gleaned from the first episode:

According to the news cast, there's a second Omnic crisis currently happening, and Russia is a battlefield.

Looks like Overwatch is unaware that their old pal Gabriel Reyes is Reaper, as Winston apparently did not recognize or attempt to dissuade him.

Though the website lore says Reaper is a mercenary, it seems like Reaper is actually apart of Talon (or otherwise wants to work with them). Makes sense, considering who he really is.

ATHENA is the AI that services Overwatch.

The original OW team included: Gabriel Reyes (Reaper), Strike Commander Jack Morrison (Soldier 76), Torbjorn Lindholm, Dr. Angela Ziegler (Mercy), Lena Oxton (Tracer), Winston, Reinhardt Wilhelm, Genji Shimada, Jesse McCree, and an as of yet unnamed redshirt.

Looking at the pictures, it seems Torbjorn and Angela (Mercy) were having a great Halloween out together. Shipping hints anyone? Also, WTB those Viking Torbjorn and Witch Mercy skins!
    The unnamed redshirt is Pharah's mother.

Where is Mei in this line up? She's the only character part of the old Overwatch who wasn't in that photo. Now I figured that Mei had only been frozen for just a few years (because it makes sense that her base would be lost track of in the chaos of Overwatch's fall, plus I assume it was quite far into Overwatch's lifespan that they moved their focus towards non-combat operations.). But she's not in the team lineup, nor in the list of contacted overwatch agents. So perhaps she hasn't be found yet and has actually been frozen for like ten years or something?

Deleted
    I dont mean to be a negative Nancy. I have absolutely no interest in this game before i have the chance to try it. I refuse to read about champions, lore or other methods of hyping it up before its final release.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortydragon View Post
    Holy Moly! Overwatch actually has some good lore! I'm impressed this is interesting stuff to say the least.
    Read my signature and guess why.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I dont mean to be a negative Nancy. I have absolutely no interest in this game before i have the chance to try it. I refuse to read about champions, lore or other methods of hyping it up before its final release.
    You dont have to, if you are not interested.

If the gameplay is in question, watch streams.

I doubt there will be a demo aside of if you are lucky enough to get in to beta now or play during open beta. So take the open beta as an opportunity to try it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    Read my signature and guess why.

- - - Updated - - -

You dont have to, if you are not interested.

If the gameplay is in question, watch streams.

I doubt there will be a demo aside of if you are lucky enough to get in to beta now or play during open beta. So take the open beta as an opportunity to try it.
    I honestly dont get anything out of watching streams of games that i dont know or havent plaeyd myself. I just dont know if i like a game before i've actually sat down and tried it.

Until that happens i am kinda boycotting it because i dislike games that are being hyped up years before release.

I honestly dont get anything out of watching streams of games that i dont know or havent plaeyd myself. I just dont know if i like a game before i've actually sat down and tried it.

Until that happens i am kinda boycotting it because i dislike games that are being hyped up years before release.
    The release is nearly exactly two months from now. And there is an open beta you can try 20 days before street date.

Boycott is at much as you want though. I rather ignore Legion.

Deleted
    The release is nearly exactly two months from now. And there is an open beta you can try 20 days before street date.

Boycott is at much as you want though. I rather ignore Legion.
    Yeah its not like they started hyping up this game today. Thats a looooong time ago now they started that.

In Legion i mostly know what i'm getting so its different. I know the game and i know if i want it or not. The quality of it and the longevity well that remains to be seen

Yeah its not like they started hyping up this game today. Thats a looooong time ago now they started that.

In Legion i mostly know what i'm getting so its different. I know the game and i know if i want it or not. The quality of it and the longevity well that remains to be seen
    In Legion, you get a half-assed team of interns working on a beta and releasing it half-finished.

Overwatch has been announced at Blizzcon and has the guy who made you love WoW in charge of design and the guy who did not screw up the stories for 3 expansions is working on Overwatch's story.

Deleted
    In Legion, you get a half-assed team of interns working on a beta and releasing it half-finished.

Overwatch has been announced at Blizzcon and has the guy who made you love WoW in charge of design and the guy who did not screw up the stories for 3 expansions is working on Overwatch's story.
    I know you are one of the haters but i very much doubt you have any actual idea how skilled the people working at blizzard are.

I loved wow in pandaria.

Overwatch was announced more then a year ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Also, Reyes is wearing head to toe armour, speaking through some kind of synthesiser (or voodoo magic?) and lost his bad guy Van Dyke.

I guess his armour is pretty similar (is that even unique to him?), otherwise he's unrecognisable.
    The double shotguns seems pretty unique to him. It looks like he used the exact same weapons when he worked with Overwatch. But of course being covered in armor and an altered voice will make people question if that is truly him or not. To my understanding Overwatch assumes Morrison and Reyes are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    His powers look quite magical, and considering that magic does exist in the OW universe (Hanzo and Genji can summon literal draconic spirits), I'd surmise it'd be the magic. Pretty sure if it was science, he wouldn't be looking like some Nazgul/Malthael ghost who apparently cannot die to normal weaponry, plus he can travel around in ghost and magically reload his guns so there's that.

The ingame skin for Reyes is completely different from his current form. Old Jack Morrison's Strike Commander skin has a similar longcoat, though.

His powers look quite magical, and considering that magic does exist in the OW universe (Hanzo and Genji can summon literal draconic spirits), I'd surmise it'd be the magic. Pretty sure if it was science, he wouldn't be looking like some Nazgul/Malthael ghost who apparently cannot die to normal weaponry, plus he can travel around in ghost and magically reload his guns so there's that.
    Supposedly he's the result of some experiment that went wrong. That mist may just be a visual representation of him desintegrating or something like that.

Also, I'm not sure about Hanzo and Genji's abilities being magic either, they may very well be fancy "solid holograms" like Winston's shield or Symmetra's turrets.

It's pretty much a case of technology indistinguishable from magic.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2016-03-22 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    The double shotguns seems pretty unique to him. It looks like he used the exact same weapons when he worked with Overwatch. But of course being covered in armor and an altered voice will make people question if that is truly him or not. To my understanding Overwatch assumes Morrison and Reyes are dead.
    I'm guessing double shotguns isn't a unique thing in the Overwatch universe.

The ingame skin for Reyes is completely different from his current form. Old Jack Morrison's Strike Commander skin has a similar longcoat, though.
    I wonder if they'll explain his Reaper abilities.

All known affiliations so far that are NOT good thus far (as there's only a handful of known characters in the OW universe thus far who are antagonistic in any way).

Definitely evil or antagonistic:

Reaper, and by extension, Talon, who are out to exterminate Overwatch.
    All killer robots in the current Second Omnic Crisis, having apparently slain at least 15,000 people so far since breaking the treaty.
    The Colossal Omnic off the coast of Korea (connected to the Second Omnic Crisis by chance?)

Brainwashed and crazy:

Widowmaker was kidnapped and reconditioned by Talon to assassinate her husband, an Overwatch agent.
    Junkrat and Roadhog, outlaws in for themselves. Exposed to radiation in their youth, possibly disrupting brain chemistry. Clearly insane.

Possibly or borderline evil, shady folk:

The Vishkar Corporation (Symmetra is apart of this, and believes Utopia Justifies the Means)
    The Shimada Clan (Genji and Hanzo were once heirs to this)
    Parts of Overwatch itself, as it was disbanded for corruption. Besides Reyes, no one from the organization has appeared yet that is corrupt, however.

True neutral/for themselves:

Bastion
    Genji is possibly this.

???

Doomfist, who is mentioned in the OW announcement cinematic as having fought Winston. Considering Winston is a good guy, this calls into question which side Doomy was fighting for. Note that the Doomfist exhibit proclaims him as a protector, hero and savior, so the moral alignment of this guy is unclear.

Everybody else is good is some shape or form, either actively trying to make the world a better place or prevent it from getting worse.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2016-03-23 at 02:11 AM.

the thing is, overwatch has no storymode, so you could get invested in the story and never have to even play the game and the only thing you would ever miss out on is the occasional easter egg when certain characters are paired up in teams

- - - Updated - - -

soldier 76 is basically steve rogers and ill probably just pretend hes captain america from now on
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    The unnamed redshirt is Pharah's mother.
    You say that, but she's also wearing a beret and holding a sniper rifle. What if she's pre-brainwash/experimented upon Widowmaker?
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Yeah until we find out who the traitors in Overwatch were, at the moment the only apparently willing opponent of Overwatch in the player roster is Reaper. I mean, we assume he's willing.

Junkrat and Roadhog are just random jerks :P

Not sure exactly how evil the Shimada clan is and where that leaves Genji and Hanzo.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    You say that, but she's also wearing a beret and holding a sniper rifle. What if she's pre-brainwash/experimented upon Widowmaker?
    Widowmaker was never part of Overwatch, pre-brainwash or otherwise. She was married to an Overwatch agent and after being kidnapped and brainwashed, ended up killing him. That's it.

Pharah's mother on the other hand was a Overwatch hero. Pharah's bio says that she wanted to become an Overwatch agent like her mom.

Then there's the eye tattoos and of course Pharah's surname...

Last edited by Demoncrash; 2016-03-23 at 07:17 AM.

they also mentioned that her mother was a Sniper.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    She matches the art of Pharah's mother from the comic previews we've gotten. And yeah Widowmaker was never part of Overwatch.

- - - Updated - - -

Doomfist, who is mentioned in the OW announcement cinematic as having fought Winston. Considering Winston is a good guy, this calls into question which side Doomy was fighting for. Note that the Doomfist exhibit proclaims him as a protector, hero and savior, so the moral alignment of this guy is unclear.
    There's been multiple Doomfists. From the posters in the Numbani Exhibit, seems like the first one was a good guy, then the second (his son?) turned evil, and the third is a mystery.