Deleted

Hunter CM Questions

So i am gonna try CMs with some guildies soon and was wondering about some things.
    1. i have a hunter and a warrior (both DPS). what is better? (our preliminary grp is: mage,rogue and me for dps and dk as tank) I heard that Blademasters are god mode so i figured hunter is prolly better than warrior.
    2. if it is hunter: how much worse is MM compared to BM? I never played BM before and i am a little scared to try it out for the first time just a week before CMs start.
    And we are "only" going for gold so we do not intend to do some crazy times^^

BM provides the best AoE(unless it was changed) at that gear level. AoE to clear trash is usually very critical to CMs, so BM + Blade Master Trinket makes you pretty strong for bursting trash.

I'm sure players more experienced in hunter CMs can elaborate.
    I did it on my DK and Warrior.
    Warrior group had a hunter with the trinket, running BM.

Edit:
    Also try and look up how to use Mirrored Blades/Deterrence in CMs to up dps. It can be a big boon. Lava Sweep is a good example in Iron Docks, for something you can Mirror Blades.
    Last edited by Sixnalia; 2016-03-18 at 02:58 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly if you are just shooting to clear Gold both specs will do just fine. Extra DPS is nice, but being new to CMs you primarily want to focus on knowing the strategies for each dungeon. Most have very specific strategies/mechanics/tricks to learn. Also make sure you are specced for interrupts and stuns. Binding Shot and Tranq shot are very important. Watch some videos and good luck!

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I just went through them all with my guild over the last 2 weeks. Because we had an enhance shaman and rogue we had the aoe covered on trash so I went marks. More single target dps for the boss as well. We cleared most of them with 3-4 minutes to spare.

If you've never played BM it can be rough until you get the hang of keeping FF up and maintaining steady focus. I got frustrated after not playing BM for 6 months. The hardest part of Challenge Mode is adjusting to your gear being crap and no set bonuses.

I used the mirror and beating heart for my trinkets since bhotm lined up with rapid fire.

Reference this guide for when you can use mirrored blades on each boss. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...rwM/edit#gid=0

Like Sixnalia said you can melt some bosses by reflecting specific spells. The ones that say not worth it really aren't worth it.
    Last edited by Tharkkun; 2016-03-18 at 10:53 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

BM is much better for CMs. On demand aoe is what its all about, and pretty much all your cds and talents synergize with this.

Marks is only so crazy because that four set, but its not unplayable for CMs.

The true strength in hunter comes from reflecting a few key mechanics with Mirrored Blades.
    If you are going to do CMs, you need to learn what can be reflected.

Some major ones are:
    Skeleton wall on last boss, Burial Grounds.
    Fire Wave on the 3 mob boss, Iron Docks.
    Small mario style rotation wind wall AND the large wind wall that separate the platform, Skyreach
    Bramble patch, council boss in Everbloom,
    and the canon fire on Nitrog in Grimrail, but its highly recommended you do it with a Shaman instead unless you have multiple hunters.

There are also multiple areas you can skip, pull/feign, or MD pull to make your DK's life easier.

If anything, learn how to play the class and worry about dps later.
    CMs are all about making use of the crazy op things that are in the game.

If you have any questions just PM me.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV