Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Warcraft Movie Ad, Micky Neilson Leaving Blizzard

Warcraft Movie Ad
    Yet another Warcraft movie ad has appeared, this time on Twitter!

Micky Neilson Leaving Blizzard
    Micky Neilson has worked at Blizzard for 22 years and is currently the Publishing Lead, working on projects like Overwatch: First Strike, an upcoming upcoming Overwatch graphic novel. Reidor on Twitter shared the news from his newsletter.
    Originally Posted by Micky Neilson
    After 22 years, I'm leaving Blizzard.

The time has come for me to pursue personal projects that I love. I'll be moving from California to Washington State. My last day at Blizzard will be March 25th.

I look forward to working with Blizzard on freelance projects, one of which will be announced shortly. Aside from that, my upcoming works might include more game-related writing, script writing, consultation...and most certainly, novels. All of which will be announced and discussed right here in this newsletter, once a month.

I spent some of the best years of my life at Blizzard. It's a bittersweet departure to say the least. But I'm excited for the all the opportunities that lie ahead!

So...there you have it, the big news. Thank you for all your continued support!

Hope this finds you all well.

Stay awesome,
    --Mick
    Last edited by chaud; 2016-03-19 at 09:14 PM.

cu Mick, 22 years damn

Why do i have a bad feelings about Nelson leaving Blizz? First Zarhym now him. I might be paranoid. Any ideas? Are they leaving a sinking ship or is my fear over exaggerated ?

In before the "omg its a sinking ship" fools show up.

Wow, Blizzard is falling apart at the seams.

Quote Originally Posted by Turaska View Post
    In after the Blizzard defense force
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Too Slow someone got u already hahahah
    Why?

Who let the dog's out?! Whooo!!!

rats always get off the ship first

10+ Year Old Account
    22 years is enough. People have lives to lead. Its neither good or bad. Its human and organic

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dejo93 View Post
    Why do i have a bad feelings about Nelson leaving Blizz? First Zarhym now him. I might be paranoid. Any ideas? Are they leaving a sinking ship or is my fear over exaggerated ?
    Perhaps you love drama?

7+ Year Old Account
    i kinda think blizz is falling apart.
    and that electro music ruins that fcking ad!

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    For those curious of what Micky did http://wow.gamepedia.com/Micky_Neilson

Deleted
    One post after yours..

15+ Year Old Account
    After 22 years, leaving a huge company with a title that contains "Lead" sounds more a burnout than anything else.

Deleted
    Sinking ship. The sinking ship that is nearly 5 times bigger than the second gaming studio. just lol.

Zarhym was probably let go for some reason. It came too suddenly and without any fanfare.

Look at the roles before jumping to conclusions, as he was not a developer.
    While it is true the quantity makes it easy to jump to the same conclusions that people have been spouting for years without proof, the same remains true.
    There is no proof or evidence to suggest there is a common reason they are leaving, especially given the huge variety of roles.

There will be clusters by chance, and there will be clusters due a reason.
    We just have no evidence to prove the latter.

So long, Micky. Hope he has a good one wherever and whatever he decides to work with.

Don't read into to much. 20 years are a company is a long time. People move on, hell most people don't even make it 10 years at the same place. I would only start worrying if leads on current projects start bailing.

Deleted
    Cause of 2 people leaving out of hundreds? Doubt they're falling apart, don't even see why one would think this.

Judging by recent years worth of WoW expansions then some new blood might not be a bad idea.

lol at people thinking that a business sink because few people leave the company each year, omg no , nobody can replace them on their job, so bad *sarcasm* :O