Page 82 of 83 FirstFirst ...
32
72
80
81
82
83
LastLast
  1. #1621
    For those who have Lunar Inspiration beating Blood Scent, how does Lady and the Child look for aoe compared to bracers?

  2. #1622
    Quote Originally Posted by MaddyDubV View Post
    1) yes. No real change. You want to get as many finishers in as possible during incarnation.
    2) OOC is what you are referring to. And yes, you should, as if you are taking BrS then you should be keeping the charges rolling at all times
    3) you don't need helm to play feral. It doesn't even change the rotation, just gives you extra dmg from longer TF periods. You can play feral just fine with soul ring and belt. Soul ring is bis already, so you'll be fine. You do need to have crit/vers if planning on playing incarnation, which is best build. We don't stack mastery at all anymore
    Thank you for this post! Cleared up a few things; I recently came back from a break and attempted to use simcraft on gear that is crit/vers however its showing gear with haste and mastery for me to be better (I'm playing predator, incarn, brs, moc)..did I not run it correctly? Also when I take the pawn string from simcraft and use it in pawn, it does the same. I may have forgotten to check something. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by 25165453757
    I am excite

  3. #1623
    Quote Originally Posted by Malmmoc View Post
    For those who have Lunar Inspiration beating Blood Scent, how does Lady and the Child look for aoe compared to bracers?
    You don't usually use LI on AoE. The fights with AoE in Antorus are better used with Predator.

  4. #1624
    Moderator -aiko-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The House of All Worlds
    Posts
    10,106
    Quote Originally Posted by Malmmoc View Post
    For those who have Lunar Inspiration beating Blood Scent, how does Lady and the Child look for aoe compared to bracers?
    Ran a bunch of sims. With my current high haste/crit setup, on 4-5 high hp, long living targets (high M+ keys) LatC barely beats out bracers...but actually the helmet + SotA beats both. I was a little surprised by that. I think it's because of the high TF uptime you can get with the helm and multiple rips proccing T21 4pc. On consistent aoe with low hp targets that die quickly (high command, portal keeper to a degree) LI gets destroyed by predator and thus bracers/SotA wins by default.

  5. #1625
    ok. ty for satisfying my curiosity.

  6. #1626
    High Overlord Rockford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    181
    Quick question: Should I be chasing T21 as Feral?
    Only running up to heroic and regularly simming myself. Would I be better off shooting for ilvl instead of throwing together set pieces?
    Or maybe just collect heroic pieces until AMR lets me know that they're good enough to switch?

    Mainly just run the TF head and SotA with Inc, BS and MoC.
    Logs if anyone would like to browse and advise:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/8KM71x4bj6FfGvCp


  7. #1627
    Moderator -aiko-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The House of All Worlds
    Posts
    10,106
    Shoot for 4pc T21. It synergizes really well with the legendary helm, as the free FB procs extend TF. With some good RNG and clever proc uses you can really push TF uptime; I've gotten ~70% uptime on some fights which is silly.

    Looking at your character, getting 4pc of equal ilevel to your current pieces would be around a 5% dps increase.

  8. #1628
    High Overlord Rockford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    181
    Nice, thanks for that.

    During tonight's pre-progression run, a normal piece dropped which made AMS finally recognise the T21, though one piece is still LFR and I had dropped a few ilvl. 4 set bonus proc kind of freaked me out as my initial reaction was my WA kit was bugging out. Some nice synergy with the bonuses, and although the proc is RNG, I was indeed getting a higher TF uptime.

    Windshaper's dropped for me during the run, though I'm pretty happy with the helm and soul ring.

  9. #1629
    Is there way to macro Regrowth to only cast when Predatory Swiftness is proc'ing? So that it wont knock you out of cat form?

  10. #1630
    Quote Originally Posted by jkhowells View Post
    Is there way to macro Regrowth to only cast when Predatory Swiftness is proc'ing? So that it wont knock you out of cat form?
    If you find that to be a challenge then I dont think feral is the spec for you :P Try MM-hunter!
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own"

  11. #1631
    High Overlord Rockford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by jkhowells View Post
    Is there way to macro Regrowth to only cast when Predatory Swiftness is proc'ing? So that it wont knock you out of cat form?
    Here we go mate

    #showtooltip
    /console autounshift 0
    /cast Regrowth
    /console autounshift 1

    It can be handy, and it's a question with an answer, regardless of the intent ♥

  12. #1632
    How are ferals in mythic plus this days? Still noe aoe to speak of?

  13. #1633
    Quote Originally Posted by Raggon View Post
    How are ferals in mythic plus this days? Still noe aoe to speak of?
    They got passable aoe, but since moonkin aoe is supremely better and is a ranged class, balance is the druid spec people will want for m+.

    Especially since feral has neither aoe stuns or balance druid's aoe silence.

  14. #1634
    Quote Originally Posted by Raggon View Post
    How are ferals in mythic plus this days? Still noe aoe to speak of?
    We have aoe and can do a decent bit of damage in mythic plus, you would be better off finding a group of friends to run with though. As the user above spoke of, some people would rather a boomy. It's not unheard of to hit 8+million on adds, or about 2m+ on a boss though.
    Quote Originally Posted by 25165453757
    I am excite

  15. #1635
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Ran a bunch of sims. With my current high haste/crit setup, on 4-5 high hp, long living targets (high M+ keys) LatC barely beats out bracers...but actually the helmet + SotA beats both. I was a little surprised by that. I think it's because of the high TF uptime you can get with the helm and multiple rips proccing T21 4pc. On consistent aoe with low hp targets that die quickly (high command, portal keeper to a degree) LI gets destroyed by predator and thus bracers/SotA wins by default.
    I think it’s really nice that LI is actually competitive. LI, to me, seems like a signature Druid ability, now available to cast in Cat Form. It’s also the most significant change to our rotation for something like 3 x expansions.

  16. #1636
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitepaw View Post
    I think it’s really nice that LI is actually competitive. LI, to me, seems like a signature Druid ability, now available to cast in Cat Form. It’s also the most significant change to our rotation for something like 3 x expansions.
    Hey, at least there's a rotation instead of spamming chaos strike in hope it crits and you can press....chaos strike again.

  17. #1637
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Hey, at least there's a rotation instead of spamming chaos strike in hope it crits and you can press....chaos strike again.
    I mean for us its just spam shred / fb and go afk hoping for more fb proccs now, engaging gameplay.

    As for the aoe thing I think its more down to the utility, feral has really very good aoe up until proper high keys (like 20+) where some mobs in a pack will start living too long.
    Last edited by Zanzha; 2018-01-16 at 11:35 AM.
    Feral Meme machine

  18. #1638
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanzha View Post
    I mean for us its just spam shred / fb and go afk hoping for more fb proccs now, engaging gameplay.

    As for the aoe thing I think its more down to the utility, feral has really very good aoe up until proper high keys (like 20+) where some mobs in a pack will start living too long.
    If chaos strike doesn't crit, you wait to autoattack a couple of times till....you can chaos strike again XD. You can keep up rip and rake, which happen more than the eyebeam every 45 seconds or RotI every 1 minute.

    I'll admit, one of feral's largest disappointments for me over the past xpacs is how few tools and new toys they've gained compared to other specs because apparently Blizzard thinks bleeds is all they need.

    So many things Blizzard could do with the shapeshifting motif and traditional druid toolkit, but ghetto rogue is all they've done with feral druid so far.

    Just look at how guardian was distinguished enough from warrior despite sharing a similar resource.

  19. #1639
    Moderator -aiko-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The House of All Worlds
    Posts
    10,106
    I don't mind not gaining much in the way of new ability types, but it's pretty annoying to focus on bleeds being our class fantasy only to completely gut them with a single patch. Bring back our bleeds pls Blizzard

  20. #1640
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    I don't mind not gaining much in the way of new ability types, but it's pretty annoying to focus on bleeds being our class fantasy only to completely gut them with a single patch. Bring back our bleeds pls Blizzard
    But not based on BT please. The whole reason I didn't play Feral until MoC buff is because I didn't trust myself enough to invest into Feral only to fail miserably.
    Granted, the gameplay is a little inconsistent. I'm either energy capped for a long time or can extend TF all the way to infinity or I'm starved for like 20+ seconds until TF comes up, not even a crit, not a MoC, nothing...
    We got a new feral in the guild and everyone was making fuss who's gonna be win in dps master race. I lost of course(we wiped though so I had another shot) by 50 mill. But I lost like a brand new feral, he got 30 mill more out of FBs(5 more crits on that regard). I didn't get 1 free FB way until 65%....
    And then there are the good times where I just proc and proc and proc and I'm number 1 universe wide and then we wipe ))

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •