Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Gw2 isn't f2p the expansion is the base game now and cost money. It's still b2p. You can't get the base game without the other
    It is, actually. Because it has a paid expansion doesn't mean that it's not, otherwise games like LOTRO, DDO, SWTOR, EQ2, and others aren't F2P. And both the developers and community would disagree with you on that one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    So if I understand you right the GW2 standard edition that released a long time ago is f2p but the expansion isn't. Is it purchaseable with gems yet, since as I understand you few players are willing to buy it with real money.

The system that they are going for now is:

Once they release an expansion, all of the previous content (excluding living story I believe since they sold that in the gem store, but not too sure about that) will become free-to-play. This is to make sure the playerbase doesn't get separated or something like that. but the expansion will remain buy-to-play until a new expansion comes out. So if you want a shit ton of content to do all at once you should wait a few years until a few more expansions have been released and get all of the previous' expansions content with it for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It is, actually. Because it has a paid expansion doesn't mean that it's not, otherwise games like LOTRO, DDO, SWTOR, EQ2, and others aren't F2P. And both the developers and community would disagree with you on that one.
    Then you would be able to access the base game then which is not an option. You have to buy the expansion. The expansion IS the game now.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Then you would be able to access the base game then which is not an option. You have to buy the expansion. The expansion IS the game now.
    the base game is free to play. Free to play accounts have a few restrictions though, like no daily log-in rewards and some anti gold selling limitations. But the base game is free to play nonetheless

see: https://welcome.guildwars2.com/en/play-for-free

The base game is free to play....

Only the expansion content cost and with Guild Wars 2 all content matters even the base game. So if you wanted to just play the base game that is fine. You just miss out on the expansion content. So yes Guild Wars 2 is f2p with b2p expansions. Good chance when the next one hits this one will be f2p as well.

Its kinda what I wanted blizzard to do with WoW but make the expansions of the past b2p not p2p.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    the base game is free to play. Free to play accounts have a few restrictions though, like no daily log-in rewards and some anti gold selling limitations. But the base game is free to play nonetheless
    oh yea I forgot about that, I thought there was a level restriction like WoW but that's for certain things
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    That doesn't make any sense and could be said about any other activity in the game equally.
    And that's how it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I am not actually entirely sure what the expansion model is. I could do some quick research but I think the model is:

The base game is F2P, with some restrictions; TP interaction, the daily rewards, etc.
    Accounts with core keys still have the same content as the F2P people but without the restrictions.
    People who buy the expansion get the core key as well.

What I'm not entirely certain about is what will happen once X2 rolls around.
    X1 (HoT) could become available to F2P/Core players, or they might just attach X1 to the X2 purchase.

I suspect that the F2P and Core keys will not gain access to HoT as gaining access to HoT is a value-add on the new expansion.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Clarification: Is it just the legendary weapons that were canceled, are legendaries as a whole? Because if armors aren't coming (they haven't been implemented yet, let alone shown us what they look like...), the main reward for raids just got thrown out the window.

Armors are coming, just not the rest of the weapons.