Poll: You want to see Karazhan come back?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Would you like a Karazhan return in Legion?

At Blizzcon one of the questions asked was would we see Karazhan return. One of the devs, Tom Chilton I think, responded with "Would you guys like to see it return as a 5-man?" My question is would all of you like to see it return as a raid/5-man? or not at all?

I personally would like to see it return as not a main raid, but like a side raid in 7.xxx. Have it along side the "Main" raid for that tier, but it only has 1 raid size (10-m) and difficulty (on par with Heroic). Just tuned a little better to today's (legion's) class design, ie wont HAVE to have a lock and dont HAVE to have a s.priest. Have it so that Tiers gloves/helm still drop from Curator/Prince respectfully, in addition to the "main" raid. I''m rather bias as this was my 1st raid back in the day so I loved it with a passion and would love a return of it. As a raid though, I didn;t really enjoy the 5-man aspect of ZA, so probably wouldn't enjoy Kara as a 5-man.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

I have fond memories of Karazhan. I'd rather not have those memories replaced with mind-numbing boredom and disdain caused by players being dicks in random groups there.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    I have fond memories of Karazhan.
    Yeah same no for pretty much the same reason. Also not that there ever was a time where I thought that remade dungeon/raid is so great I really needed that. A new instance around karazhan - sure why not.

Personally I would prefer it if they were to finally do something with the crypt area underneath Kara rather than rehash an old raid of which I have fond memories.

Would like to see them do Karazan Crypts as a five man.

nop bored of rewamped dungeons raids and bosses

15+ Year Old Account
    Kara will return as a raid in Legion. Mark my words.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Deleted
    I like Karatahn and that's exactly the reason why I don't want it to return.
    When you have done something (nearly) perfectly you don't try to copy it, you try to recreate something like it.

This should be a multiple choice poll. I'd love to do Karazhan as a 5 man or raid. I'd also be happy to TW it. I missed it as current content, have only done it as legacy (mostly at level 80 while waiting for Cata to come out), and would love to experience it as a challenging instance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justinhalfout View Post
    Personally I would prefer it if they were to finally do something with the crypt area underneath Kara rather than rehash an old raid of which I have fond memories.
    They are doing something, just not what you wanted. It's where some specs go to get their Artifact weapons. The Unholy DK, one of the locks, and maybe one of the mages i think.

I would like to see Blizzard do something really special for Karazhan.
    First off, unlike most instances that get redone, they should place an NPC outside that can revert it back to the original, to preserve it. Then, in addition to doing a TW version, have a quest series for attunement to open a revamped N/H version that once cleared becomes phased version of the keep that functions as a hub to prepare for the Mythic version which uses the crypts as an upside layout and maybe even have random bosses.
    Last edited by TJkroz; 2016-03-26 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    No.

I have fond memories of Karazhan. I'd rather not have those memories replaced with mind-numbing boredom and disdain caused by players being dicks in random groups there.
    totally agree, Blizzard has ruined my good memories of too many dungeons and raids already. Karazhan was a raid made by a group of developers far more talented and motivated than the scrubs they have now.

I'd love kara to come back as dungeon

Would like to see them do Karazan Crypts as a five man.
    this ^ ... but i doubt it will happen , Did they take the crypts out and turn it into the catacombs for the artifact quest chain?

also

i too loved kara <3 .. i would like to see it again but not as a 5man dungeon, lol would be great if they made it the 1st tier of raiding again just like TBC
    Last edited by Whitehatter; 2016-03-26 at 11:24 AM.

Deleted
    Didn't played back then, I know Karazhan from soloing it for transmog. It was an excellent instance. The artwork and environment variety is outstanding.

Still, NO REHASHING CONTENT PLZ!!!

Make a new raid with this much ideation and imaginery in it.

Rehashing sucks. Timewalking dungeons for example, they're nowhere near the original dungeons in the playstyle. You equip your overpowered tier set with 30 gems and stomp everything. While back in the days you would die the moment you overaggro'd something.

Keep the raid. Use the crypts as a dungeon because tbh they are just sat there doing absolutely nothing and as we know the layout does have a strong indication of a dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the lore there is a thing called Karazhan Underground.
    If they do that then yes, if they make a rehashed 5man my thinking of Blizzard will reach another alltime low.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Quote Originally Posted by Drekha View Post
    In the lore there is a thing called Karazhan Underground.
    oh yeah i forgot about the upside down version of kara underneath...
    Thinking about it they could leave normal kara alone, clone it then mess around with the cloned version and could just say its the upside down version.. wod is a different time line no? could have an alternate kara as well

could be a nightmare version of kara effected by the emerald nightmare, a good reason to update the kara boss models or even mutatate them due to the nightmare

just a thought

If it does it will come back as a 5man. Just awful imo. zg / za were such fun raids. Converting to dungeon status is horrible. But im sure new spell animation has already cost us a raid tier so it very well could be a 5man filler.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Deleted
    A Kara 5m Dungeon would sure thing be way cooler than the Violet Hold revamp.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    To tell you the truth, a Kara 5 man would not be the way to best deliver a return to a raid that is always at the top of everybody's list. It wouldn't do it justice by even the farthest stretch of the imagination. Honestly, a revamped Kara could to me be the perfect returning raid after the Nighthold. It would prolong the inevitable Tomb of Sargeras raid (which I feel is the only way to end this expansion) and also give us another tier worth of content without too much developing time. It could easily be split into multiple sections and could even start at the top where we could work ourselves down into the catacombs.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore