Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Isn't every lawyer an armchair lawyer?
    Well, there are also litigators. They stand a lot.

Just glad that this vapid cry baby Fields has been exposed once again.

I laugh at all the idiots that rallied to her defense.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like Trump, but this is good.

Look, the guy didn't commit battery. Period. If moving someone out of the way is battery, then fucking lock me up for life, because I've had to move people to get through crowds too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    In a statement issued Thursday by Chief Assistant State Attorney Adrienne Ellis, the state attorney's office explained that “While the facts support the allegation that Mr. Lewandowski did grab Ms. Fields’ arm against her will, Mr. Lewandowski has a reasonable hypothesis of innocence. There is insufficient evidence to rebut these defenses. Therefore, although probable cause exists, the state will No File this case.”
    Link to the actual statement:
    http://media.trb.com/media/acrobat/2...0-14120148.pdf

"Lewandowski and Trump’s campaign initially denied that the campaign manager even touched the reporter, saying Fields made it up. But after video was released from surveillance cameras clearly showing Lewandowski being the one who grabbed Fields, the campaign accused the reporter of exaggerating what happened.

The prosecutor noted Lewandowski’s initial denial. “Soon after the incident, Mr. Lewandowski publicly denied touching Ms. Fields in any way."
    http://dailycaller.com/2016/04/14/st...#ixzz45pXTKdtU

And also, "He also revealed that Trump personally spoke with prosecutors and the campaign shared a draft of an apology letter with Aronberg's office "earlier this week," though it apparently has not yet been sent."

Now Lewandowski is free to continue helping Trump steer the Trump campaign to a crash right before reaching the runway (before bursting into metaphorical flames at the Republican National Convention).
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    And also, "He also revealed that Trump personally spoke with prosecutors and the campaign shared a draft of an apology letter with Aronberg's office "earlier this week," though it apparently has not yet been sent."

Now Lewandowski is free to continue helping Trump steer the Trump campaign to a crash right before reaching the runway (before bursting into metaphorical flames at the Republican National Convention).
    One does wonder why they were drafting the letter of apology when they were so adamant it was all made up. It's also amusing that an apology would have ended all this nonsense at the start. But it did provide GOP voters and other an insight into how Trump operates and cost him votes.

I think they have cottoned on to Lewandowski and how disastrous he has been, bringing in hired guns to deal with things he has fucked up. Of course one of them ran Walker's campaign for President and that worked out so well. So it's like replacing the pilot who crashed the plane with the stewardess.
    Last edited by Pangean; 2016-04-14 at 09:38 PM.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Ok, I know I'm bumping an old thread but could you, "legal eagles" just admit that you were wrong?

You're finding new ways/straws to grasp at that somehow you're right. In reality, you're flat out wrong. This was not a battery at all.

Normally, if something is coming to court especially if you're a celebrity. You find some way to settle it as quickly as possible.

You do not want to have "BRUCE WILLIS HITS KID, THE TRIAL CONTINUES" blaring for the first few months after being charged then the month when the trial happens etc.

The Trump Camp drafted up the apology for potential settlement/deal with Corey if the prosecutor found that they could indict him. They didn't and therefore didn't go to the table for settlement on Corey apologising.

That is why the prosecution asked Michelle if it would be acceptable if he simply apologised to speed up the process.
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

10+ Year Old Account
    It's going to be hilarious tomorrow if it turns out they're not prosecuting because he agreed to apologize - it will literally be Trumpers claiming that him admitting guilt is proof he didn't do it (a better metaphor for the Trump campaign and supporters is difficult to imagine).
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveDkp View Post
    Ok, I know I'm bumping an old thread but could you, "legal eagles" just admit that you were wrong?

You're finding new ways/straws to grasp at that somehow you're right. In reality, you're flat out wrong. This was not a battery at all.

Normally, if something is coming to court especially if you're a celebrity. You find some way to settle it as quickly as possible.

You do not want to have "BRUCE WILLIS HITS KID, THE TRIAL CONTINUES" blaring for the first few months after being charged then the month when the trial happens etc.

The Trump Camp drafted up the apology for potential settlement/deal with Corey if the prosecutor found that they could indict him. They didn't and therefore didn't go to the table for settlement on Corey apologising.

That is why the prosecution asked Michelle if it would be acceptable if he simply apologised to speed up the process.
    I promise to use my gift of prophecy for the good of all mankind.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    I promise to use my gift of prophecy for the good of all mankind.
    I often have to apologize for something I didn't do wrong. It's called marriage. /rimshot
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Charges dropped, no apology, she ignored secret service instructions, touched Trump's arm, multiple videos show her exaggeration. Corey gave an interview afterwards and said he didn't even remember anything because it was so minor and lasted just a few seconds. Like I said before, wouldn't be the first time Fields has tried to play up her victim status to get attention. Now she's contemplating a defamation suit against Trump and Corey, lol good luck.
    Last edited by p291u; 2016-04-15 at 07:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

He already replaced him though he got the guy (cant remember his name) who did Scott Walkers campaign when he ran for Governor and helped him with the recalls.

Has to be pretty damn good to get a republican who targeted unions in a blue state elected.

She tried to ruin that mans life with a lie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    He already replaced him though he got the guy (cant remember his name) who did Scott Walkers campaign when he ran for Governor and helped him with the recalls.

Has to be pretty damn good to get a republican who targeted unions in a blue state elected.
    Walker had awful opponents, and Lewandowski is still Trump's campaign manager - he hasn't been replaced afaik.

Pangean still beating on that horse!
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.