Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    SoD1's gameplay with a good story would be great, but either way I'll be happy seeing as we don't get any more batman-esq games anymore.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Deleted
    Rofl, all big corporate reviews who wouldn't dare in their dreams to piss off EA, Activision or Ubisoft. So basically "IGN 10/10". Totally reliable and objective.

Apparently it's going to be called "Middle-Earth: Shadow of War"
    http://www.theverge.com/2017/2/26/14...target-listing

I liked Shadow of Mordor, but it sure got repetitive near the end. A bit too repetitive if you ask me, I gave up halfway through the last DLC because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordago View Post
    Rofl, all big corporate reviews who wouldn't dare in their dreams to piss off EA, Activision or Ubisoft. So basically "IGN 10/10". Totally reliable and objective.
    Shadow of Mordor wasn't made by any of those companies, and whilst IGN does tend to score on the high side it's not like they never criticise games from big publishers if they feel they're substandard.

Oh by the way, 93% is less than 10/10, but you should probably rely less on scores and read what reviewers have to say to understand why the game is being praised. Maybe you don't enjoy creatively slaughtering tonnes of orcs in a sandbox with a versatile array of tools and a story that diverges from Tolkien's work in a way that shows a lot of love and respect for the source material; but for those of us that do Shadow of Mordor managed to hit all the right notes and was a surprise hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Shadow of Mordor wasn't made by any of those companies, and whilst IGN does tend to score on the high side it's not like they never criticise games from big publishers if they feel they're substandard.

Oh by the way, 93% is less than 10/10, but you should probably rely less on scores and read what reviewers have to say to understand why the game is being praised. Maybe you don't enjoy creatively slaughtering tonnes of orcs in a sandbox with a versatile array of tools and a story that diverges from Tolkien's work in a way that shows a lot of love and respect for the source material; but for those of us that do Shadow of Mordor managed to hit all the right notes and was a surprise hit.
    Remember the legend of Prak Jaws!

Quote Originally Posted by Mordago View Post
    Okay fine, Angry Joe rated it his 2nd favorite game of 2014. Or is he not reliable either? Is everyone you don't like unreliable?

The game was universally praised by critics, it was amazing, slightly repetitive with branding and killing warchiefs being the main story missions that took a lot of time, but it was a breath of fresh air for action-adventure fans.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

announcment trailer, time to rename the thread

Middle-earth : Shadow of War

From Gamespot:-
    "In Middle-earth: Shadow of War, players wield a new Ring of Power and confront the deadliest of enemies, including Sauron and his Nazgul, in a monumental battle for Middle-earth. The open-world action-adventure game is brought to life through the expansion of the award-winning Nemesis System. The robust personalization from the first game is now applied to the entire world where the environments and characters are all shaped by player actions and decisions, creating a personal world unique to every gameplay experience."

Shadow of War is set between the events of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings. "Following the amazing reception to Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, we massively expanded every dimension of the game, including the world, the story, the RPG systems, the core gameplay, and of course the personal player stories of the Nemesis System," Monolith Productions VP Michael de Plater said in a statement. "As lifelong fans of Middle-earth, we are so grateful to have the privilege to bring to life the most incredible fantasy world ever created in a new way, for a new generation. With Middle-earth: Shadow of War, we can't wait to see the amazing stories players are going to create and share."

Shadow of War's updated Nemesis System features an element called "Followers." These are characters that will add "entirely new stories of loyalty, betrayal, and revenge." The Nemesis System from the first game was a gameplay system that allowed enemies to remember every encounter with the player. The enemies also have different personalities.
    Nice cinematic trailer. Looks like the work of Blur Studios. As for the game, i liked the first one though i hope there's more to offer here than the nemesis system.
    Last edited by Demoncrash; 2017-02-27 at 04:18 PM.

As long as it is more (and if better, yay) of what the first one was, as opposed to try to re-invent the wheel per se, I'll be all over it!

That balrog had better be in the game.

Hooray loved the first game was soooo good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Looks wicked.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    The first one was an absolute delight, really hyped for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Kk i'll rename it
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Went ahead and merged the two threads and re-named it.

Definitely enjoyed Shadow of Mordor so I've got my eye on this one.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Please don't fuck up the ending like you did with the first one.

Very nice trailer and it did the work and got me hyped as fucked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally a game in 2017 (for me) to look forward to!
    Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE | Intel Core i9-9900k | 32GB RAM DDR4-3200 CL16 | ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER

Why can't i view the trailer? It said restricted but i already got a google app account??

I liked the first game, but not so sure about this. Forging a ring of power? This would have been brought up in LoTR.

Very cool trailer though and I welcome a middle earth game so will probably play it.
    Last edited by effs; 2017-02-27 at 06:24 PM.