Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Doesn't bother me.

Would I love to have a movie starring my character, of course, but it's not gonna happen
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    ...that nothing you do in SWTOR is canon anymore? No it's not a canon debate, it's just sad that no character development in TOR will go anywhere. Wouldn't it be so freakin' cool that in one of the new movies Luke going "Now there was this ONE Jedi, he kicked so much ass man" and such? I dunno...
    No, it does not bother me at all. "There is always a bit of truth in legends" Thanks to Star Wars: Rebels

If you haven't figured it out already:

Star Wars: Rebels = Cannon

If legends (SWTOR, KOTOR, EU, etc) show up on Rebels = Cannon
    Last edited by TheWebDoctor; 2016-04-12 at 05:12 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, because Swtor's own "canon" is better than the current Film Canon.

I would rather see Swtors story be turned into a movie than see another shitfest like Force Awakens.

If we're being honest, TOR is three and a half thousand years before the films. The characters we play, the deeds we've done... they are weathered hieroglyphs in a tomb, buried in the sands of time.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Deleted
    With the new films not beeing canon in most people's minds, there is no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    If we're being honest, TOR is three and a half thousand years before the films. The characters we play, the deeds we've done... they are weathered hieroglyphs in a tomb, buried in the sands of time.
    Just nitpicking but it seems like you're trying to apply IRL timelines to SWTOR timelines and i dont think thats going to work for several reasons...the cities/planets, the companies, and the species.

1) what species in the SW universe has on average the longest lifespan? Yoda lived to be 900...is that common for his species? if it is then Yoda's Grandpappy was really close to TOR timeline, his great-grandpaps definately would have been...hell his great-granddad is probably one of the quest givers on Coruscant.

2) speaking of Coruscant...that place is still around in ROTJ timeline and so was Tatooine and Ald-gonna-get-blown-up-eraan, Hoth and all the other places. The town/city of Anchorhead was mentioned in ANH and that place was around in SWTOR too.

3) the companies...Corellian Engineering Company are the ones that made the Smugglers ship in SWTOR. Same company that made the YT-1300 freighter...Han Solo's ship.

4) and lastly lets not forget about all the romance options that SWTOR has. Which means a bunch of your descendants could be running around the galaxy :P or maybe even working at a scrap yard on Tatooine befriending traitorous stormtroopers and droids that roll around who knows.

I think all that put together there's probably a holotape stashed somewhere that details the exploits of Darth swtonewbie Grand Champion of the Great Hunt and Savior of the Republic. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by notanmmmonewbie View Post
    Just nitpicking but it seems like you're trying to apply IRL timelines to SWTOR timelines and i dont think thats going to work for several reasons...the cities/planets, the companies, and the species.

1) what species in the SW universe has on average the longest lifespan? Yoda lived to be 900...is that common for his species? if it is then Yoda's Grandpappy was really close to TOR timeline, his great-grandpaps definately would have been...hell his great-granddad is probably one of the quest givers on Coruscant.

2) speaking of Coruscant...that place is still around in ROTJ timeline and so was Tatooine and Ald-gonna-get-blown-up-eraan, Hoth and all the other places. The town/city of Anchorhead was mentioned in ANH and that place was around in SWTOR too.

3) the companies...Corellian Engineering Company are the ones that made the Smugglers ship in SWTOR. Same company that made the YT-1300 freighter...Han Solo's ship.

4) and lastly lets not forget about all the romance options that SWTOR has. Which means a bunch of your descendants could be running around the galaxy :P or maybe even working at a scrap yard on Tatooine befriending traitorous stormtroopers and droids that roll around who knows.

I think all that put together there's probably a holotape stashed somewhere that details the exploits of Darth swtonewbie Grand Champion of the Great Hunt and Savior of the Republic. :P
    I have no doubt that some of our characters deeds are written somewhere. However, they happened so long ago and have so little impact on what's happening in the movies timeline that only the most knowledgeable scholars would know about them. Even then, they may have to do a lot of research to find that "holotape stashed somewhere".
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    I have no doubt that some of our characters deeds are written somewhere. However, they happened so long ago and have so little impact on what's happening in the movies timeline that only the most knowledgeable scholars would know about them. Even then, they may have to do a lot of research to find that "holotape stashed somewhere".
    Well the point of me mentioning all that stuff was i think it would make the passage of time and record keeping a bit different in the SW universe when compared to IRL. You have ship building companies that are 3000+ years old? species that live to be 800-1000 years old? when i say that the last time i ate out and had steak was a 2 years ago Yoda would say that the last time he had grilled Bantha chops was 75 years ago. I'm getting close to becoming 40 years old but i still remember things that happened to me when I was in kindergarten (like the time a teacher gave me a purple nurple cause i was being bad). Hell if i was a Yoda species 800 years old when i become on my death bed i will be telling some apprentice about the time my teacher gave me bruised nips cause i tried to use the jedi mind trick on her.