Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Feral / Guardian PvP In Legion

So I still don't have an alpha invite and I'm just wondering about the current state of these two specs from people that've played them. I've not really checked any streams for a while either, as I'm not playing much.

I was liking the look of the state of feral early into the alpha. They were removing a lot of the stuff I hate (Incarn, passive healing, never needing to leave form etc.) and bringing it back to the look of how it was in Cata. This quickly changed though, with more abilities being removed and watching gameplay recently has left me thinking it's going to be dull as hell. The cyclone removal wasn't enough to deter me from it alone, as I haven't enjoyed arena in quite a while, and I know I definitely won't in Legion after that change, but my focus was always on RBGs over arena (when I had viability) anyway. But looking at it at the moment, it looks really boring.

It's my understanding that Blizzard were trying to make tanks a "thing" again in PvP, and when I last checked, they were pretty strong. Is this still the case? Mainly thinking for RBG viability again, FCing. Does Guardian spec fit into it, if at all? Thinking about their talents/traits and the potential raw survivability from all these new talents / traits as well as utility (Instant roots, demoralizing roar/dmg redirect, growl causes enemy to take more damage, CC immunity, etc.) I'm not too sure on arena viability, but anyone think they have some place in RBGs again, or do other tank specs (I'm guessing DH) outperform them in this role? I'm really not liking the look of Feral in Legion at the moment, and I'm really hoping for some RBG viability again. On paper the raw guardian survivability looks to outperform the other specs, but DH does have the mobility. Anyone actually tried and tested these specs for some ideas?
    Last edited by Krusza; 2016-04-03 at 06:34 PM.