Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Whats the next MMO to be released ?

I was waiting for Everquest Next but now that its abandoned Im woundering if there is something big to hope for on the MMO scene ? I mean something else then a 100000th aria F2P

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I don't know if there's anything (non Asian) on the horizon.
    If I was a game developer I'd think twice before I'd start making an MMO in this day and age. I think you're bound to go Asian if you want something new that is.

Can't find a home in Wild Star / Rift / Guild Wars / ESO / SW etc?
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares anymore? The MMO market has become so fucking over-saturated, everybody trying to be the next best thing. They're all garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutricul View Post
    Well I don't know if there's anything (non Asian) on the horizon.
    If I was a game developer I'd think twice before I'd start making an MMO in this day and age. I think you're bound to go Asian if you want something new that is.

Can't find a home in Wild Star / Rift / Guild Wars / ESO / SW etc?
    Asian MMOs for something "NEW" ?

Really?

They are all the freaking same! <_<;

OP, if you'd like to give a PvP oriented sandbox MMO a try give Albion Online a look.

Additionally it's worth browsing http://www.mmorpg.com/ for genres that might peak your interest.

Just be mindful that MMOs are fickle in this day and age.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2016-04-04 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Who cares anymore? The MMO market has become so fucking over-saturated, everybody trying to be the next best thing. They're all garbage.
    No, they're not. If you're bored of the genre as a whole then that's understandable but it's not as if there's a lack of options out there.

As for the thread's question...personally I'll be keeping an eye on Camelot Unchained but that's not out for a while and I expect that it'll be a rather niche title. FFXIV seems set to keep me happy for quite some time though. It certainly had a better content cycle than many other MMO's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post

Really?

I know, my implication of "new" was only pointed towards the fact that there are no new western MMO's being developed atm. ;-)
    I'll admit my choice of words might have been a bit poor.
    Last edited by Nutri; 2016-04-04 at 01:55 PM.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post

Really?

OP, if you'd like to give a PvP oriented sandbox MMO a try give Albion Online a look.

Additionally it's worth browsing http://www.mmorpg.com/ for genres that might peak your interest.

Just be mindful that MMOs are fickle in this day and age.
    I haven't checked any new MMO's for quite some time but I remember seeing some black desert gameplay and it looked quite good. While its been out in Asia for quite some time it recently had its NA/EU release if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Strange. I seem to be having fun in FF14. Don't see it trying to become bigger than WoW either.

Deleted
    The only upcoming mmo that tries to go a different route that I know of is Chronicles of Elyria. Though that game takes the term 'ambitious' to a whole new impossible-to-reach level. There's also next to no gameplay footage of it yet though there are supposedly some gameplay videos coming out in the next months.

Deleted
    Well, i believe the problem about MMORPGs is, that no studio found an idea how to create organized PVE gameplay that adresses the majority of those who play it.

That, and the fact many players are burned out by WoW and its clones.

Deleted
    Lineage Eternal looks very interesting, although it got delayed quite a bit.
    (they added the ability to play it on your mobiles o0)

Lost Ark, looking good & similar to LE too.

Deleted
    I could see South Park MMO working decently.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure someone will go for a VR MMO, but it's going to be awful.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Crowfall has no standalone PVE. It's more a pvp game. Same goes to "Das Tal".

Blizzard-run Classic Servers, or a full re-boot from the beginning. It'll happen, just give it some more time.

There are 2 cool mmos coming:
    Albion Online - https://albiononline.com/ - sandbox PvP/PvE
    Crowfall - http://crowfall.com/index.html - sandbox PvP centered with kingdoms etc, no PvE

For now, after wildstar fiasco, nobody is going to make a mmo in which PvE is +60% of the content. If you enjoy PvE+sandbox you can wait for Albion Online or try to play any other current well-known MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Well, i believe the problem about MMORPGs is, that no studio found an idea how to create organized PVE gameplay that adresses the majority of those who play it.
    My suspicion is more that the "good" MMOs, the ones that endure, have had time to grow and expand, while new ones don't have the breadth of content that people are accustomed to having. We have players bored of the old standards and say they want something new, but then something new comes along that lacks features or content and so the game is criticised and not played enough to warrant the needed expansion.

I know I have a hard time getting into new MMOs because of a lack of variety (ESO and Rift with their real limitation on player race choices), or clunky systems (SWTOR) falling short of the smoothness I've come to expect because of WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"

The only major ones that come to mind are Camelot Unchained, Crowfall and Albion Online. The first 2 won't be releasing until next year.

It's expansion and content update time right now. Currently 2016 has been a much much better year for MMOs than 2015.
    Last edited by wombinator04; 2016-04-05 at 01:13 AM.